November 14th, 2011, 08:52
Fantastic.:applause:

sarwulf
November 14th, 2011, 08:55
Ooh shiny!

fliger747
November 14th, 2011, 09:14
Cool!

Anchorage and Fairbanks one can see the DC6 still plying the skies on a daily basis it the colors of Cliff Everets. Even my girlfriend can hear one go over and say "DC6". Music tohear them cough into life, but a real ground effect machine, a slow climber, but the R2800's, the CB 16 is mostly used now due to the fuel availibility, are fairly dependable as those things go, but my flying partners with many thousands of hours in the six have shut down many many engines!

Check the size of the cowl opening, looks a bit small, I believe because the cowl lip curve is a snitch sharper. FS lighting is not always your friend!

Cheers: T

robcap
November 14th, 2011, 11:30
Cool indeed!!
I'd like to see more VC shots.
Outside looks great already.

R.

CG_1976
November 14th, 2011, 13:23
A excellent addition to my hanger and you have me ready to buy.

TeaSea
November 14th, 2011, 15:34
Like the little VW Bus too!!

Pepere
November 14th, 2011, 16:41
Your the Man! :mixedsmi:

David

OleBoy
November 14th, 2011, 16:52
Someone shined that skin for hours. Looks GREAT!

Javis
November 14th, 2011, 18:00
Na, endlich dann !! as the French would say.

Finally a dev that knows what's good for 'em ( and for me too, dunno bout you guys... ) I've been waiting for a good, all singing and dancing DC-6 ( and DC-4 and DC-7 too but let's not go into that ) ever since uncle Bruce released FSII. Will this finally be the one then !??
WIP screenies certainly look promising ! Thanks Martyn ! Made my day ! :ernae:

But please don't go 'autopilot' on the engine nacelles. With a little bit of extra effort they can be made to look like a piece of art in their own right.
And there are 4 of 'em..... wether hard worked :

http://<SCRIPT language=JavaScript type=text/javascript src="http://www.airliners.net/photoLink.inc?id=1762101"></SCRIPT> (http://<SCRIPT LANGUAGE='JavaScript' SRC='http://www.airliners.net/photoLink.inc?id=1762101' TYPE='text/javascript'></SCRIPT>)

or kept in meticulous condition :

http://<SCRIPT language=JavaScript type=text/javascript src="http://www.airliners.net/photoLink.inc?id=1657055"></SCRIPT> (http://<SCRIPT LANGUAGE='JavaScript' SRC='http://www.airliners.net/photoLink.inc?id=1657055' TYPE='text/javascript'></SCRIPT>)

The one shot of the cockpit looks very promising too. Show us some more please !

And what about a bit of systems simulation ? Can we have some, please, pretty please ??.... ( the excellent external and internal modeling certainly seems to warrant it ! )

Cheers,
Jan

Sundog
November 14th, 2011, 19:57
:)
A nice surprise today. Thanks.

roger-wilco-66
November 14th, 2011, 22:08
I say, WOW!

Cheers,
Mark

Martyn
November 16th, 2011, 02:42
Thanks for all the feedback and comments, I'll pass it on to the devs!

Pepere
November 22nd, 2011, 17:35
Are we there yet???? Just to keep this thread within reading distance!

David

bazzar
November 22nd, 2011, 19:55
A few more to be going on with...:wavey:

bazzar
November 22nd, 2011, 20:44
Some of the VC...

wombat666
November 22nd, 2011, 20:50
OUT-BLOODY-STANDING!!!!!!!
:applause::applause::applause:

AussieMan
November 22nd, 2011, 20:56
This looks like a great model. Will be nice if it comes with a paintkit in Paint Shop Pro format as well as Photoshop. I feel more comfortable with PSP.

bazzar
November 22nd, 2011, 21:14
G'day mate how's it going?

PSP should be able to open Potatoshop files. I think the recent versions can anyway. Failing that, layered tiffs would be another way to do it.:guinness:

AussieMan
November 22nd, 2011, 21:22
It does mate. I have PSP X as well as PSP 5. I feel more comfortable working with version 5.

oldpropfan
November 22nd, 2011, 22:13
Big and small spinner models :applause:, fantastic looking VC :jump:, if this release has some systems simulation also it will be the release of the year for us propliner nuts. Looking forward to seeing more as it gets closer to release.

Al

Roger
November 22nd, 2011, 23:08
Lovely stuff Baz:ernae:

bazzar
November 22nd, 2011, 23:53
As far as systems go, we have Water/Methanol injection plus a few other little goodies in there.

oldpropfan
November 23rd, 2011, 01:55
As far as systems go, we have Water/Methanol injection plus a few other little goodies in there.

:applause:You had me at systems:icon_lol:, if it has them you'll have my schillings. Can't wait to see what else has been put in.

Pepere
November 23rd, 2011, 05:06
Nice - nothing but nice and the VC look just outstanding... Been waiting for a DC-6 for years, the time is near.

David

bazzar
November 24th, 2011, 14:49
The military has not been forgotten...:engel016:

Snurdley
November 24th, 2011, 18:16
With a vc like that, I'm sold!

Slund
November 25th, 2011, 07:46
Looks amazing, will be my first payware purchase in a very long time. Any chance we'll see a Conair tanker version? they just stopped operating a DC6 in the Yukon last year.

Shawn

dougal
November 25th, 2011, 08:08
I LOVE THIS BIRD!

fliger747
November 25th, 2011, 10:58
The six when heavily loaded is a real ground effect machine, fun to watch them takeoff, suck the gear up and accelerate slowly down the runway in ground effect. A real flight engineers plane. Due to the lack of the high octane fuel these days they are usually run as a CB 16 engine.The water meth is a real aid in engine longevity, especially with the big loads the freighters carry today.

Great work guys! T

delta_lima
November 25th, 2011, 23:11
Totally stoked about this release. I hope PAA will be represented in the schemes .... dare I hope for CP? (I know that's a lesser flown scheme ...)

Biggest question I have is FPS performance - compared to the Connie, how will it be equal, slower, or better?

Many thanks - and KUDOS for the great work already done - will definitely scrape the wallet out for this one ...:icon_lol:

:medals:

dl

bazzar
November 25th, 2011, 23:42
The frame rates are looking good for this one. The Connie was a fair bit more complex, especially inside and not as "clean" a model in design outside but it all depends on your computer and FSX set-up. On our test rigs, side by side, she's faster frame rate wise, for sure.

delta_lima
November 25th, 2011, 23:58
Great to hear Baz - thanks!

dl

Pepere
December 13th, 2011, 13:23
How are things going?? :running:

David

Martyn
December 14th, 2011, 00:10
Hi David,

Currently doing the finishing touches to the beta! Shouldn't be too far off now.

Thanks
Martyn

bazzar
December 14th, 2011, 20:10
Nearly there, Martyn...:engel016:

Pepere
December 14th, 2011, 20:29
Nice! Not that I can't wait - buuuut! It sure is looking good, except for the engine fire!!1 :icon_lol:

David

Ian Warren
December 14th, 2011, 22:41
:icon_lol:Away with the VW combi and in with the Chev , the U S Navy,s Chevs were a little bigger and more modern out on the VX-6s ramp here in Christchurch New Zealand , i,m sure this must be the base commanders jollopie :salute: .. I think i see a special paint for this one :jump: .... the Six i mean

robcap
December 15th, 2011, 09:02
Looking good there.
But I'd like to see more VC shots.
That's the Go or No-Go for me, including good system management (and it doesn't need to be accusim level. If it matches our DC2 that's good enough for me, and still more than a handfull:kilroy:)
So please elaborate on that, please.

Cheers, Rob

fliger747
December 15th, 2011, 11:06
Awoken well before sunrise this morning (not early actually) by two DC6's rumbling over the house. Even my gal can idenify the 6's by sight or sound.

Thinking of the "Two", was a pleasure to work with you Rob, on that one!

Regards: Tom

bazzar
December 15th, 2011, 15:38
Looking good there.
But I'd like to see more VC shots.
That's the Go or No-Go for me, including good system management (and it doesn't need to be accusim level. If it matches our DC2 that's good enough for me, and still more than a handfull:kilroy:)
So please elaborate on that, please.

Cheers, Rob

Well we'd have to make sure we live up to your standard Rob...;)

VC includes:

Full 3D functionality for almost all switches, knobs, levers and gauges.
Cold,dark starts.
Water/Methanol injection
Accurate tank-feed, selection and fuel management system for each engine
Full navigation suite including RMI, OB, ADF, ILS, Radio compass and Radar in some models

Shane Strong CYHZ
December 15th, 2011, 15:48
all i can say is wow to those vc shots cant wait to be flying it over canada :)

CG_1976
December 15th, 2011, 16:31
Just what Santa ordered a Arctic Ice/Snow Hauler:icon_lol: I've got Iqaluit ready when you release.

fliger747
December 15th, 2011, 20:31
Many years ago I traveled to Igaluit, which used to be called "Frobisher bay". A very interesting community and barren but beautiful land. The locals are particularly artistic bone and ivory carvers. I can see a six there, not unlike the NAC ( recently retired Northern Air Cargo) and stillflying Cliff Everts sixes here in Alaska.

A plane still at home in some of the worlds most out of the way and beautiful expanses.

T

CG_1976
December 15th, 2011, 21:42
All kinds of graceful classic birds in the Canadian Arctic. Now that reminds me, will the DC-6 come with a Herman Nelson?? That's a must have for Arctic operations. We dont want the beautiful girl getting frozen like a modern Airbus do we:icon_lol:. See Boeing gets the priority up here with the old girls and there is nothing left for them poor poor Airbuses:icon_lol::icon_lol:

fliger747
December 16th, 2011, 11:47
Flying in the Canadian Arctic was always an adventure in the pre GPS days, ah for Grid Nav... Even today when we fly across (or near) the pole, the GPS fizzles out somewhere around 80 North and we go with inertial. A Norsk friend of mines Dad was a Navigator for SAS and worked out the techniques for some of the first commercial "over the pole" flights. Probably a DC7?

Herman Nelson, ya might need five of them.... Today one of our concerns transiting the high Arctic is low fuel temperature, temperatures cold enough aloft to gel jet fuel!

Interesting part of the world! T

PRB
December 16th, 2011, 12:52
Flying in the Canadian Arctic was always an adventure in the pre GPS days, ah for Grid Nav... Even today when we fly across (or near) the pole, the GPS fizzles out somewhere around 80 North and we go with inertial. A Norsk friend of mines Dad was a Navigator for SAS and worked out the techniques for some of the first commercial "over the pole" flights. Probably a DC7?

Interesting to hear that it's the GPS that "fizzles" at high lats, because back in the dark ages before GPS, the A-7E's INS had what was called "Grid Mode" which the pilot had to swicth to at high lats. In Grid Mode the computer treats the universe as a flat square grid. It was supposed to help the INS gonculate where the plane was close to the poles. Don't know if it worked, our planes never flew up there... :icon_lol:

That DC-6 is really looking nice! I'm getting this one! :salute:

fliger747
December 16th, 2011, 19:02
Easy to get anywhere from the Pole, just steer 180 deg True....

Back when I once seriously researched sledging to Devon Island.... Anyway the list of required equipment for even a light aircraft included HF and a trailing wire antenna. Somtimes things work out better if ya don't have two nickles to rub together....

Anyway, love to hear the coughing and rumble of a six starting up, or rattling the house.

T

robcap
December 18th, 2011, 01:37
Well we'd have to make sure we live up to your standard Rob...;) heheh ;-)
I must say Baz, that looks and sounds very nice! Great night lighting in the VC. Are seats ect. animated as well?
Looking forward to more previews :jump: Keep up the good work, that start-up smoke pic is great as well.

@ Tom ditto on our work together. Yesterday I finally met Tim. We had a great day discussing all kinds of stuff, visiting the helicopter museum in Bückeburg, and more interesting visits!

Cheers, Rob

modelr
December 18th, 2011, 09:08
Fantastic, Baz. Looks like I may have to pay for my second tube! (A2A B-377 was my first, and I still can't figure out the Accusim engine start!) Love the old propliners. :applause:

:applause:

(Strictly an observation, NOT a criticism!) Shouldn't there be some one in the cockpit when we walk in? (As in taking screenshots from out of the seat?) Looks like she's on full autopilot and the entire crew went back to talk to the beautiful stewardess in the passenager area. :kilroy:

bazzar
December 19th, 2011, 23:47
Well I think if you were to poll the forum here, you'd find that most people prefer not to have copilot figures in the cockpit. SO we don't generally put them in.:engel016:

fliger747
December 20th, 2011, 08:00
I knew a Kiwi gal who flew FE and FO on a six....

Cheers: T

robcap
December 20th, 2011, 08:02
I knew a Kiwi gal who flew FE and FO on a six....Cheers: T
Where's that 'like' button :kilroy:

fliger747
December 20th, 2011, 09:34
Forgot... redhead....

T

Bone
December 20th, 2011, 10:18
I recently watched "The Big Lift" again...C-54's in the Berlin airlift...and during the after landing check, the Aircraft Commander reached up and grabbed a strap out of the lower portion of the overhead panel. The strap was on some sort of reel, and he pulled the strap down to the center console and hooked it into a spot just aft of the throttles. Can anyone shed some light on that strap, and what the heck is it for?

Ian Warren
December 20th, 2011, 11:30
There was procedure done to 'flag' to any ground staff the aircraft was still hot and pre-paired for a fast turn around , many crews jockeyed keeping one on board so nothing was touched , this also was done after a C47 was loaded with a York payload without having loadmasters check off the load , course this was done during the peak period 20 minute turn rounds and many aircraft leaving just outside 30 second intervals .

Navy Chief
December 20th, 2011, 12:11
Ok, you got me sold on this one. When? SOON? NC

robcap
December 20th, 2011, 12:14
Forgot... redhead....TClassic:salute:

Bone
December 20th, 2011, 12:53
There was procedure done to 'flag' to any ground staff the aircraft was still hot and pre-paired for a fast turn around , many crews jockeyed keeping one on board so nothing was touched , this also was done after a C47 was loaded with a York payload without having loadmasters check off the load , course this was done during the peak period 20 minute turn rounds and many aircraft leaving just outside 30 second intervals .

Ahh, thanks.

AussieMan
December 20th, 2011, 13:19
I am happy to see a native DC-6 but it won't be a complete package unless there is an Ansett-ANA and a TAA paint in there.

gigabyte
December 20th, 2011, 13:41
Out-frikin-Standing, I love the screen shots, and I look forward to the release of this bird. Personally I am not worried about additional skins, or variants, they are great, I just love to see the kind of attention to detail that are in those screen shots, the VC looks amazing and the exhaust stains on the wings, very impressive!

I can see me digging holes in a few runways with this one...

bazzar
December 20th, 2011, 18:03
I am happy to see a native DC-6 but it won't be a complete package unless there is an Ansett-ANA and a TAA paint in there.

ANA is in there Pat, TAA you'll have to paint yourself!:wavey:

Ian Warren
December 20th, 2011, 19:41
Course i'm going to have to do a 'City of Christchurch" paint , a US Navy six with those titles on it , and if we do get another earthquake , i just look over my shoulder and say sorry ladies and gentlemen , just a little turbulence :jump:

NickB
December 21st, 2011, 09:15
The military has not been forgotten...:engel016:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=52862&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1322178511
Don't know if this has already been mentioned but shouldn't the star be on the left wing?

Looking forward to this one.

Ian Warren
December 21st, 2011, 11:53
Don't know if this has already been mentioned but shouldn't the star be on the left wing?

Gidday Nick , I think it was the general 'thumb of rule' whether its the Star and Bar was applied on both wings , these appeared more on the staff transports and the VIP's , the majority went with one on the top on the left wing and bottom right with USAF or NAVY logos on the other side .

AussieMan
December 21st, 2011, 12:02
ANA is in there Pat, TAA you'll have to paint yourself!:wavey:

Give me a half decent paintkit and I will do my best now that I have the painting bug.

modelr
December 21st, 2011, 12:34
Gidday Nick , I think it was the general 'thumb of rule' whether its the Star and Bar was applied on both wings , these appeared more on the staff transports and the VIP's , the majority went with one on the top on the left wing and bottom right with USAF or NAVY logos on the other side .

Ian, check here on US Insignia placement rules.

http://www.modelwarships.com/features/how-to/usn_insignia.htm

Feb '43 was when top left/right lower was finalized.

Don

bazzar
December 21st, 2011, 13:30
Well spotted everyone. It has been changed.:engel016:

Ian Warren
December 21st, 2011, 13:51
Hi Don , I saw the model warship and instantly thought Oo Boy , i'm in for a treat :icon_lol: I dabble in making scratch builds when time takes my fancy , the USS Midway current. I got off the subject a little here , funny how sometimes even base commanders start dictating the paint on the squadrons aircraft , I guess this happens all over the world . We had a base commander , famed WWII Dauntless pilot Sqn Ldr T J Mclean de Lange , No.25 then but was in charge at the now close Wigram RNZAF , he tried for some more flamboyant paint s on the training aircraft , many ideas stayed pointing safty in this area .

robcap
December 28th, 2011, 07:52
is it ready yet ?:jump::jump::jump:

bazzar
December 28th, 2011, 13:54
We are still at work on the livery list and hav e final beta checks to do but it is close. Ha'peth of tar and all that.:engel016:

Navy Chief
December 28th, 2011, 16:07
Am ready with my credit card. Just let me know! Pete

TARPSBird
December 28th, 2011, 21:22
Very impressive screen shots. Beautiful VC. Looking forward to the USN R6D/C-118 paint job. :)

Pepere
December 29th, 2011, 19:04
:applause::salute::applause::jump::jump::wiggle:

David

mal998
December 30th, 2011, 03:32
Based on this screenshot it looks like the contour underneath the nose could use a little rounding and smoothing.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=54773&d=1324506612 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=54773&d=1324506612)

bazzar
December 30th, 2011, 14:04
That may just be the angle of view.
Remember that that the DC6B with radar nose has the radome added on, extending the original round-nose profile and creating a definite "proboscis" from certain angles.:engel016:

Javis
December 30th, 2011, 16:06
Hey Bazz, as they look in the WIP screenies the antenna wires are pretty thick... still time to make 'em thinner like this ?... :

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/5/9/2/1842295.jpg (http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/5/9/2/1842295.jpg)

a lighter color, half transparent maybe ?

Add more vertexes to make 'em 'hang' a bit ?...
The're present on every model, sure worth the time and effort if you ask a desperate DC-6 aficionado... :jump:

Thanks already for considering ! :salute:

cheers,
jan

bazzar
December 31st, 2011, 04:22
I agree Jan. We'll see what we can do...:engel016:

Pepere
January 3rd, 2012, 16:23
A post to keep this thread in sight!!! Any new news?

:wiggle:

David

Pepere
January 9th, 2012, 11:49
How are things going?

David

bazzar
January 9th, 2012, 13:16
Beta revisions, additions and completion of liveries. It's very, very close.:engel016:

Navy Chief
January 9th, 2012, 15:25
Soon? Had to say that:) NC

Pepere
January 9th, 2012, 18:37
This is like a second Christmas!! :jump:

DAVID

wombat666
January 10th, 2012, 02:51
"Are we there yet?"
:jump:

rayhere48
January 10th, 2012, 03:37
I can't wait. My CC is ready to go. Just let me know when to order.

Pepere
January 10th, 2012, 14:44
you can keep an eye on it here: http://www.justflight.com/developProduct.asp?pid=835

David

shackleton_boy
January 11th, 2012, 03:55
I just heard my credit card scream like a little girl....... I cant wait for this one! It's going to be epic!

monk1
January 13th, 2012, 09:40
Any updates?

TeaSea
January 13th, 2012, 15:19
Any updates?

Wha??? I can't hear you! shackleton_boy's credit card is screaming too loud!

The other one you hear is mine!!

shackleton_boy
January 13th, 2012, 19:50
hahahhaha - i burnt it a little with the Carenado piper yesterday :D

Martyn
January 17th, 2012, 02:23
We are nearly there now!

I've posted a short preview video on our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/justflight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT6eAHTl8Hg

robcap
January 17th, 2012, 08:01
Woot!! Looking forward to that!
R.

Roger
January 17th, 2012, 08:53
Very Majestic:applause:

Navy Chief
January 17th, 2012, 10:36
Oh, the suspense is maddening!!

Pete

Ian Warren
January 17th, 2012, 11:54
Looking great , the Caribbean cargo pilots are going love this one :applause:

mal998
January 17th, 2012, 13:50
OK, I've been wondering this for a while, is there any way to slow down the start up sequence so that the props turn over more slowly for a wee bit longer?

Martyn
January 17th, 2012, 23:56
Good question Mal, I'll check with the developer!

mal998
January 18th, 2012, 03:08
Thanks Martyn.

LCBORDEN
January 18th, 2012, 06:07
OHHHHHHHHH BOYY!!!! I'm Sooooooooooo Ready for this one.....

Ol'Jarhead:wavey:

Martyn
January 19th, 2012, 01:18
OK, I've been wondering this for a while, is there any way to slow down the start up sequence so that the props turn over more slowly for a wee bit longer?

It appears to be a known limitation in the FSX engine which would require a fair bit of custom coding to circumvent. We are unlikely to have the time to do this coding before the release of the DC-6, but we'll continue to look into it and we might be able to update it at a later date.

mal998
January 19th, 2012, 07:43
Martyn,
I thought it might be an FSX constraint, as there are many, but thanks for checking into it for me.

Being that it now appears FSX may be around for quite some time to come, perhaps someone will take a look at how start up procedures might be modified.

It would be fun to watch those big old props slowly cycle around before they catch and start to sputter and belch smoke. Although it looks like you guys have the smoke part down pat.

bazzar
January 19th, 2012, 13:09
It is always possible to arrive at suitable solutions, it is just a matter of time, priorities and software. SimConnect is used often for bespoke animation routines and other conditional code. It just takes a lot of time and effort in testing and re-writing. At some point one has to draw the line if you want your product out there. Rest assured, like all JF product, if improvements and fixes become available, you'll get them.:engel016:

Pepere
January 22nd, 2012, 04:27
I received an email form Just Flight, they will be offering pre-orders next week, with a discount. they also have a price of $30.65 for the DC6, at their site, good price!!

David

fliger747
January 22nd, 2012, 12:21
I have some recollection that Doug Dawson did a slow prop setup for Milton's A26, which unfortunatly caused a CTD if used in FSX. But it should be possible. Had the pleasure of watching one of Cliff Everet's DC 6's warming up on the ramp yesterday before I blasted off for Tokyo.

Cheers: Tom

JPVisser
January 23rd, 2012, 01:48
That looks like a buy for me.

LCBORDEN
January 27th, 2012, 07:46
When I'm ever in the mood for a long trip with tight flight planning, I take the DC-6 the latest ones I can find that work great in FSX, i.e. exhaust flicker, night lighting, noises galore.. are still port overs from FS9. I am so ready for a native FSX model.... This one looks soooooo promising... Can't wait

Ol' Jarhead:wavey:

Martyn
January 27th, 2012, 07:58

shackleton_boy
January 27th, 2012, 08:28
My credit card just let out a little whimper! :icon_lol:

Ian Warren
January 27th, 2012, 11:08
Ive seen a rubber band get wound up ..... 'boy' this one is wound so tight when it lets go look out :kilroy:

Javis
January 27th, 2012, 17:31

Martyn/Baz, if still possible, darken up the engine fronts/inside nacelles. Usually not much sunlight gets inthere. ( same for inside airscoops )

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/5/9/2/1842295.jpg

Will look much more realistic, honestly. :cool:

cheers,
jan