View Full Version : SA342 Gazelle at simviation

Anneke
November 13th, 2011, 02:43
Didn't see that one coming.

Downloading now: Link removed by Huub

hae5904
November 13th, 2011, 03:22
Thanks Anneke for the HU !

Glad a new and FSX native Gazelle is coming! I'll try this beta version.

Cheers,
Hank

DaveWG
November 13th, 2011, 04:08
Just for info, it's NOT FSX native:kilroy:

LouP
November 13th, 2011, 06:29
I just got it also.. Been wanting a Gazelle so even if it's not FSX native, it will do for now.

LouP

SeanTK
November 13th, 2011, 08:51
This Tolga Piskin person that's referenced in the file is a developer for Abacus, so are we sure that this is a legal release as freeware this time?
A very, very, very similar looking Gazelle is available as payware in the Abacus Military Choppers 2 package....

If it IS a legal release, then cool, a new Gazelle...and hopefully we'll see a native version.

LouP
November 13th, 2011, 09:21
After trying it I would suggest staying away from it, anyway. While it is an OK heli, once you use it, the sim will constantly lock-up after you try an select another aircraft or reload this one. You need to shut down and re-start FSX to clear what ever is causing the problem. Not sure what the cause is but I removed the bird from my hanger. That combined with the fact that this is starting to look like an illegal copy is more than enough reason for me to say good ridance to it. If the issues straighten out and it is found to be a legit copy, I may re-install it at that time but something just doesn't feel right here as it stands.

LouP

Desert Rat
November 13th, 2011, 11:27
Tolga Piskin did do the military helicopters Gazelle for Abacus, but you can also download it free from his own site, we had this discussion previously in the FS9 forums.

Site states beta, not sure ifit differs from the final Abacus one as I haven't tried it as I own the payware product.

Jamie

robertorizzo
November 14th, 2011, 02:57
UHMMMMMM.............
clicking on it sends me to an .exe file.

Verrrrrrrry strange.

jeansy
November 14th, 2011, 03:55
its Payware

the uploader uploaded it without permission

http://www.hovercontrol.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=1;t=20446

OleBoy
November 14th, 2011, 05:20
Whoever did it obviously has no understanding to, "The chopper is Copyrighted by Tolga Piskin"

kilo delta
November 14th, 2011, 09:10
I'm not sure if it's payware...though it does appear to be an unauthorised upload to Simviation. Unless I'm mistaken it's the same Gazelle that has been freely available to download (in beta form) from the dev's own website.

UKMIL
November 19th, 2011, 04:36
fear not, this is in progress , and is NATIVE FSX

kilo delta
November 19th, 2011, 10:35
Excellent news,Gaffer. She's looking great.:applause:

UKMIL
November 19th, 2011, 11:53
http://youtu.be/7eY6AeXyO-o

UKMIL
November 20th, 2011, 04:26
external model almost done

CodyValkyrie
November 20th, 2011, 04:38
In regards to the other webpage, his brother said the following at Hover Control:

Thanks for the webpage. We never seen this page before :) Somebody wrote my brother's name on the helicopter. I want to tel you we never released a beta Gazelle. It was a contracted job for Abacus. Thank you so much for all of your kindly emails and help...

According to this, we should probably bury any links to this helicopter, as according to the owner's brother, this is all an illegal distribution.

huub vink
November 20th, 2011, 13:05
Link has been removed.

Huub

kilo delta
November 21st, 2011, 02:39
In light of this new information perhaps the link in my post (#11) can be removed too,Huub? Thanks. :)

Roger
November 21st, 2011, 03:36
In light of this new information perhaps the link in my post (#11) can be removed too,Huub? Thanks. :)

Done.

kilo delta
November 21st, 2011, 08:17
Thanks Roger. :)

Gaffer..that Gazelle will find a nice cosy spot in my virtual hangar. :ernae:

UKMIL
November 21st, 2011, 09:18
I am sure it will

UKMIL
November 24th, 2011, 09:37
I have released an external [no VC] beta to our club members now, and the VC will be built over the next 7 daysthen released

Henry
December 14th, 2011, 09:21
I'm not sure if it's payware...though it does appear to be an unauthorised upload to Simviation. Unless I'm mistaken it's the same Gazelle that has been freely available to download (in beta form) from the dev's own website.seems some things never change:icon_lol: or people ,learning'at least a little:sleep:
H