PDA

View Full Version : Is it easy to move scenery ?

P38man
November 12th, 2011, 19:10
I am about to buy the Douglas Dolphin from Golden Age Simulations.

I want to move the awesome airport scenery into the Orbx PNW area however along the coast.

Is this a simple matter of having the right software to break the .bgls into text files and changing some numbers?
eg a center point, latitude, longitude and another point

Or is it very hard ?

robert41
November 13th, 2011, 06:12
I do not believe you can move a scenery to a new location. You would have to recreate the scenery at a new location using the same objects.

falcon409
November 13th, 2011, 06:35
Just to add to what Robert has mentioned, and I agree, I don't believe moving the scenery intact would be simply a case of changing a few numbers in a bgl file. However, if Golden Age Simulations uses a program like Instant Scenery or Easy Scenery to do object placements, then (and this would require prior permission from GAS) if you had one of those programs you could go to the location of your choice and using the same objects, build the airport from scratch. I want to make it clear though, I am not saying, just do it. I'm sure GAS has a desire to maintain continuity in their scenery projects and I doubt they would want a scenery designated for a particular area, re-located.

P38man
November 13th, 2011, 06:59
Ok...thanks guys. I have decided not to bother.

XLR8
November 13th, 2011, 07:13
In stead of starting a new thread I also have a question.

Is there anyway to add taxiways/runways working or non-working,without the SDK thingy.I use instant scenery 2.

OleBoy
November 13th, 2011, 07:26
To my knowledge, unless the runway is modeled and placed as a scenery object, NO

falcon409
November 13th, 2011, 08:01
In stead of starting a new thread I also have a question.
Is there anyway to add taxiways/runways working or non-working,without the SDK thingy. I use instant scenery 2.
As you're aware, Instant Scenery is just for object placement, but if you want to making an airport from scratch or add taxiways to an existing airport that doesn't have them, then yes, that can be done very easily with several different programs like AFX (payware) or ADE (Freeware).

XLR8
November 13th, 2011, 08:49
As you're aware, Instant Scenery is just for object placement, but if you want to making an airport from scratch or add taxiways to an existing airport that doesn't have them, then yes, that can be done very easily with several different programs like AFX (payware) or ADE (Freeware).

Thanks.I was looking at ADE's site.Downloaded it and will try it out.

XLR8
November 14th, 2011, 08:32
I downloaded the ADE program.I read where it says requirements are FSX deluxe,I have that.But it says it needs SDk as a requirement also.When I loaded FSX plus Acceleration did the SDK install to.I don't remember as it has been a couple of years since I tried messing with the SDK program..

OleBoy
November 14th, 2011, 09:47
The SDK needs to be installed manually from the FSX (disk 1), and then updates applied (also manually) from the Acceleration disk.

Holger Sandmann
November 14th, 2011, 10:19
Hi guys,

FYI, fsdeveloper has a very useful document on how to install the SDK for the various FSX "flavors": http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=SDK_Installation_%28FSX%29

Cheers, Holger