PDA

View Full Version : Spain GPS Gauge

erufle
November 12th, 2011, 13:52
I uploaded a GPS gauge for use with Xavier and MaskRider's Spanish Civil War airbases. It was made using Chuck Dome's GPS100A program and can be edited by simply renaming it GPS100A, making changes, then giving it the old name back. Yes, of course you can give it a new name. I programed it with all five known SCW campaigns in mind. Then, I filled in with major points of interest.

It also comes with a more comprehensive list of airbases in the area that can be used as a reference for all you fly by the seat of your pants types. I wanted to do this because I figure dead reckoning is how they flew in the SCW.

I have not forgotten that Achim is working on a new set of SCW airbases to be used with Rhumbaflappy's mesh and SdC's Europe textures. I will upload a new GPS gauge when his airbases are finished.

Archive1
November 12th, 2011, 19:00
Sounds good. It would be helpful if such messages gave some instruction (or an embedded link) in how to download the author's uploaded mod...maybe I am missing something or just am devoid of how the forum works and where to go to get such. Is a GPS gauge in the Aircraft, Panel, Effects category...or?

Archive1
November 12th, 2011, 19:05
OK, I found it in the Panel section...makes sense, but I still believe a guide would be helpful.

Rami
November 12th, 2011, 19:16
Edrufle,

Awesome work, I'm sure this will come in handy for SCW.

erufle
November 12th, 2011, 20:19
OK, I found it in the Panel section...makes sense, but I still believe a guide would be helpful.
My bad:toilet:. Here it is: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=46. Those of us who hang around here a lot tend to make assumptions and assumptions only make . . . well, you know how it goes.

Here is a tip on how you can keep your personal library up-to-date with the latest files. After checking out the forum, scroll to the top of the page and click on Warbirds. Next, from the drop down menu, click on What's New. This gives you a page with graphic depictions and descriptions of everything uploaded to the SOH the past week or so. How long they stay on the new list probably depends upon a setting you can choose but I think a week is the default. It might also depend on the number of uploads, but I do not think I miss anything by checking once a week.

Anyway, you can get to the file library from either the home page or the Warbirds menu on other pages. Hope this helps.

:wavey::wavey::wavey:

Archive1
November 23rd, 2011, 14:59
Thanks - it does.
Was not trying to be super critical, just informative of some problems that a few of us have...getting too old maybe!