PDA

View Full Version : just posted for FS2004

skyhawka4m
November 12th, 2011, 08:12
and here it is in FSX.......needs a new prop, panel fix, and glass fix. It flys awesome and sounds great!

falcon409
November 12th, 2011, 21:19
and here it is in FSX.......needs a new prop, panel fix, and glass fix. It flys awesome and sounds great!

Ok, nothing that can be done about the prop. Apparently (and I know nothing about modeling so this is a guess) there was no "prop_animation" designed into the model. I've swapped out several of Bob Rivera's excellent props and nothing changes. It appears that all you'll have is the rotating disc. Having said that, the good thing is, it doesn't knock out any clouds or autogen, you just don't have the effect of a rotating 2-blade prop. Next, the glass, that's easy. . .sklo.bmp needs to have the alpha channel darkened. How much depends on what you like, you can use anything from solid black (0,0,0) to what I used to test with, which was a medium dark (50,50,50). It's just personal preference. Finally the VC. . . .I don't see anything wrong with it. I can tell you that the VC Panel bitmaps (there are 5 of them) are simply black squares, so doing anything fancy is out of the question. You could probably change the color, but that's about it.:salute:

OBIO
November 12th, 2011, 21:56
Falcon

Those 5 textures in the C-11 for the VC...those are the invisible parts of the VC panel that the gauges are actually projected onto. They do not have any relation to the appearance of the VC panel. Those need to remain black....any change in them will result in some rather big issues with the way the gauges show up on the panel.

It looks like the actual texture area for the VC panel is on the interier1.bmp sheet. The upper black panel shaped area is for the forward cockpit panel and the lower one is for the rear cockpit panel.....I painted one red and the other green...made it real easy to find out what they colored.

Also, looking at the full texture folder, there IS a prop blur texture....but it is not mapped to the model's prop disc. Perhaps if someone with some language skills could contact the author and point this out, he would do a fix/update with the prop blur texture mapped to the prop blur disc.

OBIO

falcon409
November 13th, 2011, 02:57
. . . . .Also, looking at the full texture folder, there IS a prop blur texture....but it is not mapped to the model's prop disc. Perhaps if someone with some language skills could contact the author and point this out, he would do a fix/update with the prop blur texture mapped to the prop blur disc.
OBIO
Yea, that's what I mentioned in my post when I said there was no prop animation (maybe wrong choice of words) modeled and I had swapped out a few of Bob's Props, I just didn't mention the texture name (vrtuleblur.bmp). I stand corrected on the VC panel.

skyhawka4m
November 13th, 2011, 05:22
thanks guys.....I fund out that I didn't move the gauges folder and once I did they worked fine. I did get the glass to where I like them. I will email the authtor and see if he will do th texture thing with the propr disc.

Roger
November 13th, 2011, 06:17
As a prop texture is included it may just be that the texture file has been misnamed while packing the aircraft up?

falcon409
November 13th, 2011, 06:26
About the prop disc. . .I went to the authors website and noticed that every airplane (prop type) that he shows has the same look to the prop. It appears from that, that he meant it to look that way. So either he doesn't have the expertise to go beyond just a plain disc, or he's been missing a step in the building process that would allow a proper prop blur to be visible. Note also that even the so-called prop blur that he included in the textures was simply a flat disc, there was no "blur" of the prop as we've come to expect.

OBIO
November 13th, 2011, 08:45
I sent an e-mail to the maker last night, and already I have received 2 e-mails from him. The second e-mail had a new air file, config file and MDL file. The air and config file really make the plane fly so much nicer....easier to trim, not so touchy on the pitch axis. The MDL file....the prop blur is still not working, though the prop disc is more translucent. Will keep communicating with the author to get his bird really dialed in.

OBIO

skyhawka4m
November 13th, 2011, 09:13
I sent an e-mail to the maker last night, and already I have received 2 e-mails from him. The second e-mail had a new air file, config file and MDL file. The air and config file really make the plane fly so much nicer....easier to trim, not so touchy on the pitch axis. The MDL file....the prop blur is still not working, though the prop disc is more translucent. Will keep communicating with the author to get his bird really dialed in.

OBIO

Please keep us informed as this plane is very nice. I really do like the sound file that came with it too. I wonder if he has a paint kit for it?

falcon409
November 15th, 2011, 21:01
Please keep us informed as this plane is very nice. I really do like the sound file that came with it too. I wonder if he has a paint kit for it?
OBIO has had some success with the author in getting some things corrected. Apparently, those changes will be uploaded at some point.. Made my own PK and am working on one I found on Airliners.net:

falcon409
November 16th, 2011, 04:24
Almost complete:

Roger
November 16th, 2011, 04:38
Very nice Ed!

skyhawka4m
November 16th, 2011, 04:45
Almost complete:

awesome! was hoping for some repaints for this plane. Has there been any luck with the modeler in changing the prop?

falcon409
November 16th, 2011, 09:42
awesome! was hoping for some repaints for this plane. Has there been any luck with the modeler in changing the prop?
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?59482-Pavel-Karasek-s-LET-C-11-%28Yakovlev-Yak-11%29.&p=646758#post646758
2nd page scroll down to OBIO's posts. More info there.