PDA

View Full Version : RED ARROWS PILOT KILLED AT BASE

garykidman
November 8th, 2011, 10:23
A Red Arrows pilot has been killed after being ejected from his aircraft while on the ground.
The RAF said a full independent inquiry was being launched into the incident at RAF Scampton in Lincolnshire.
The tragic accident came less than three months after another pilot with the world-famous aerobatics team, Flight Lieutenant Jon Egging, 33, was killed in an air show crash in Dorset.

Led Zeppelin
November 8th, 2011, 10:56
Again? What a sad news.

Ejection seats are very dangerous while on ground, no error or mistake is permitted.

richcreator
November 8th, 2011, 11:09
Possibly no one here at Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 3 Forum would never have heard this news
if you hadn't informed us.
Deaths in the world are becoming an epidemic.

Pat Pattle
November 8th, 2011, 13:30
I was saddened to hear this on the news today. Flying is a very dangerous business.

BeauBrummie
November 8th, 2011, 13:46
The second Red Arrow fatality this year. The guys must be in shock. I hope this doesn't affect the future of the team.

lewis11777
November 8th, 2011, 14:53
Possibly no one here at Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 3 Forum would never have heard this news
if you hadn't informed us.
Deaths in the world are becoming an epidemic.

I agree, tragedies are so common it barely phases us, especially with all the things we see in the media. Still very sad to hear.

hairyspin
November 8th, 2011, 21:51
if you hadn't informed us

Some of us live in the UK and heard this on the news before we logged back on to SOH. The Red Arrows have a special place in many of our hearts and this is the second accident, and the second death this year - almost unprecedented. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family and his team-mates.

dewoitine
November 9th, 2011, 05:22
This patrol was been created in March 1rst 1965 and first show May 9 1965 to Clermond-Ferrand in France.
A good life for this pilot with his friends.
The life is worth being lived if it is intense.
RIP.