PDA

View Full Version : Les Aigles airfield

dewoitine
November 8th, 2011, 02:00
Hi all,

First of all I have to thank Pat "Clive" Pattle for his assistance of the realization of the airfields (Mosaic Editor), alain95 "Alain" for the texture (DXTBmp), ndicki "Nigel" for the different texture of skins and the great family of SOH CFS3.
Here my chayote : GC I/1 Les Aigles march 1940.

Les Aigles entrance 1 squadron 2 squadron Pilots 2 squadron Scramble ! 1 squadron Les Aigles

BeauBrummie
November 8th, 2011, 02:35
This is a very nice airfield.

rbp71854
November 8th, 2011, 02:44
Magnificent!!!!!!!! What a beautiful rendition and the detail with the crew shooting the breeze. You are truly an artist.

Pat Pattle
November 8th, 2011, 03:20
Absolutely wonderful Andre, well done you!! :applause::applause::applause:

I like the little touches like the signpost and personnel.
It just shows what can be achieved in cfs3.

Led Zeppelin
November 8th, 2011, 03:54
Merci merci merci! :jump:

popsaka
November 8th, 2011, 11:05
...Tres Tres Tres Magnifique!!!! This masterpiece of yours proves CFS3 is a viable medium. I loved the way the Bloch MB 152's look lined up -numbered -and ready for action. ....also really love that fence! -and the fellows discussing a sortie, -including the guy with parachute.... Nice work!!!

BRAVO :medals::ernae::medals:

lewis11777
November 8th, 2011, 15:01
Couldn't agree more, thats incredible art work. Will you create a scenedb .cfg so in can be installed as a stand alone airfield?

:ernae:

HouseHobbit
November 8th, 2011, 15:42
WOW!! This is beautiful..
BRAVO!!
:salute: :salute: :salute:

gosd
November 8th, 2011, 21:20
Super bien réussi! j'adore la scène avec les pilotes. Bravo!!:icon29:

dewoitine
November 9th, 2011, 06:01
Thank you very much all.
Information of GC I/1 Les Aigles :

http://oise-1939-1945.jed.st/?numero=42

And for the purist in French :
Bulletin de la société historique de Gouvieux (Oise) n°10, 1999
Un aérodrome peu connu "Les Aigles" Gouvieux-Chantilly Août 1939- Juin 1940
Frédéric Gondron
The guy with the parachute it's a work of Pat "Clive" Pattle with a color adjustement of me.
If you considered good, it's not a French parachute...maybe later ! (I am not a good worker with GMAX).
I am creating a winzip file.

If I can, others airfields are in boxes.

popsaka
November 9th, 2011, 11:56
...though brief, the BoF has always intrigued me... the 'out of the ordinary a/c' -the general weirdness with which France seemed to succumb, -Love your work and enjoy BoF missions, Please do not leave these other airfields in the box for too long :icon_lol:

====I wonder if anyone of our amazing modelers find the odd little Renault pwr'd Caudron Cyclone to be as interesting as I do(?) -tho' prolly under powered, and sporting weird gun pods beneath each wing... even so, I understand the Polish/French squadron(s) had some success with it and, of course its cousin(s), with fixed undercarriage* was/were noted as being effective racing planes....

*(they may've also raced the retractable types as well)

ps: Seems they (Caudron/Renalt) had sumpin akin to a DH Comet, and even what appears to be
a French flavored BP Defiant...

-any-who, here's a website of interest: http://www.renaultoloog.nl/luchtvaart-english.htm -cheers

gosd
November 12th, 2011, 14:25
[QUOTE=lewis11777;644159]Couldn't agree more, thats incredible art work. Will you create a scenedb .cfg so in can be installed as a stand alone airfield?

:ernae:

[/QUOTEDoes scenedb.exe work in ETO ?

popsaka
November 12th, 2011, 14:36
...you'd need a scendb made to order for 1.4 ---easier to just install in the qclocations and the global layer :engel016:

gosd
November 12th, 2011, 14:41
Les aigles airfield has been released but I have a few questions before uploading :
-where does one put the .dds and .mos files ?
-what size of airbase is this single dual, triple ?
-what type 1,2,3 ?
-there is already a Chantilly-les-Aigles airbase in ETO will it be erased ?
finally how does one go about changing the _gls.lib file in ETO ?

Thanks

dewoitine
November 13th, 2011, 00:17
Les aigles airfield has been released but I have a few questions before uploading :
-where does one put the .dds and .mos files ?
-what size of airbase is this single dual, triple ?
-what type 1,2,3 ?
-there is already a Chantilly-les-Aigles airbase in ETO will it be erased ?
finally how does one go about changing the _gls.lib file in ETO ?

Thanks

Hello Daniel,

To create you for example a named file "French airbase" and put it in "Chantilly-les-Aigles" (.dds and .mos files).
Airbase is not single, dual or other and 1,2,3 :

Think of changing in CFS3 Terrain SDK\GlobalLayer then "make_gsl" and

The 2 in ETO global_layer file.

Think to change the geographical coordanates in

Voilà ! If you have a problem dend I one mail to me :icon_lol:

André

dewoitine
November 13th, 2011, 02:15
...though brief, the BoF has always intrigued me... the 'out of the ordinary a/c' -the general weirdness with which France seemed to succumb, -Love your work and enjoy BoF missions, Please do not leave these other airfields in the box for too long :icon_lol:

====I wonder if anyone of our amazing modelers find the odd little Renault pwr'd Caudron Cyclone to be as interesting as I do(?) -tho' prolly under powered, and sporting weird gun pods beneath each wing... even so, I understand the Polish/French squadron(s) had some success with it and, of course its cousin(s), with fixed undercarriage* was/were noted as being effective racing planes....

*(they may've also raced the retractable types as well)

ps: Seems they (Caudron/Renalt) had sumpin akin to a DH Comet, and even what appears to be
a French flavored BP Defiant...

-any-who, here's a website of interest: http://www.renaultoloog.nl/luchtvaart-english.htm -cheers

Thank you popsaka and sorry to be late for the answer.
I agree with you concerning the modelling of Caudron-Renault Cyclone but the modelers have a lot of work.
Caudron-Renault JN 760 C1 Cyclone here 1999.

Cheers.:icon29:

gosd
November 27th, 2011, 19:14
For this to work you have to replace the Chantilly airbase in the era 1 global_layer with the data provided in the files.
When using Chantilly-les-aigles be aware that only one A/C can be used, the others will explode in the surronding woods.
This is a very nice piece of work; I like the scenery especially the area with the fallen chair.

dewoitine
November 28th, 2011, 00:02
For this to work you have to replace the Chantilly airbase in the era 1 global_layer with the data provided in the files.
When using Chantilly-les-aigles be aware that only one A/C can be used, the others will explode in the surronding woods.
This is a very nice piece of work; I like the scenery especially the area with the fallen chair.

Thank you Daniel.
What is "A/C" ? I don't understand your comment.
You have a "mail" in French in your profile because I prefer write in French for technical's words. :icon_lol:

Cheers :icon29:

André.

Frosty
November 28th, 2011, 01:11
...What is "A/C" ? ...

it's short for 'aircraft'.

dewoitine
November 28th, 2011, 02:26
Thank you Frosty !

I have just understand the question of gosd
Indeed the ".facilities" Chantilly les Aigles is for a scramble of one A/C.
So, if you want more A/C you must change like this :

<Unit Type="airbase1600_grass" Position="60.49 139.24" Angle="51.50"/>

:icon_lol::icon29::icon29:

dewoitine
November 28th, 2011, 22:33
Hello all,
@ gosd,
In fact the problem is the following one, there are too many trees :icon_lol:, thus it's no possible to see several planes the one the other on, maybe side by side but I don't know the process.
So, you must change "gclocation" Chantilly les Aigles's coordinates.
Thank you for your support.

Frosty
November 28th, 2011, 23:59
I have not yet installed this new airfield, nor do I understand gosd's question completely but I gather that when you select a flight with more than one aircraft, the wingmen's aircraft appear in the surrounding scenery, causing them to explode?
If this is correct, the solution to this problem might be the creation a runway definition file specifically for this airfield. In the runway file you can define the distance and position of the starting aircraft and their number. Usually if you try to take off with more (or larger) aircraft than made possible by the runway definition file, the excess number of a/c are already in the air. This means that you still can have a flight of 6 aircraft but 5 of them are in the air, waiting for you to take off.

richcreator
November 29th, 2011, 00:28
Ceci est une des beaucoup de raisons je ne me frustre pas et le jeu avec eto

Frosty
November 29th, 2011, 02:25
Rich',

You have already made your point a couple of threads ago. There's no need to keep reminding us of your opinion on our business (even in French...) - I think you have made it crystal clear.

Please understand that there are people around who like to tinker with things and are interested in the workings of stuff, whether it is difficult or not. It may be a matter of simple curiosity, they may see it as a challenge or they may have a creative mind - whatever - but in the end most modders derive some form of satisfaction from their work. This forum is a gathering place for those people and those who are sympathetic to their efforts. It's no use telling us that your other games are easier to mod or what a bad product CFS3 is. The first might be true but I have no interest in them - if I develop one, I 'll visit it's forum - and yes, we know that CFS3 was a half-baked product at it's release. However, the community has done a great job making it what it is today!

If this hobby is too difficult for you or if you have no interest in learning how to apply the mods, you might want to stick to out-of-the-box CFS3 or to your other games. But please keep the "I told you so's" and "This is why I don't like it's" to yourself. It's negative, it does not help the person with a problem/question in any way and frankly, we're not interested...

cheer up, lad!!

Frosty

sdsbolt
December 1st, 2011, 08:27
this PTO aircraft should find its way to a French airfield in the future

http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/b431/sdsbolt/Shot12-01-11-12-17-23.jpg

http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/b431/sdsbolt/Shot12-01-11-12-16-59.jpg

dewoitine
December 1st, 2011, 09:13
this PTO aircraft should find its way to a French airfield in the future http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/b431/sdsbolt/Shot12-01-11-12-17-23.jpg http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/b431/sdsbolt/Shot12-01-11-12-16-59.jpg Yeeeeeeees ! Wouha ! Wonderfull Chance-Vought 156F Thank you sdsbolt ! Respect

Led Zeppelin
December 1st, 2011, 10:34
My He111 is ready to take off. Target: Boulogne-Alprech! :kilroy:

vonOben
December 3rd, 2011, 03:43
Impressive airfield!

Well done! :medals:

We certainly need better airfields in France and Germany!

Cheers

vonOben

dewoitine
December 3rd, 2011, 05:13
Impressive airfield!

Well done! :medals:

We certainly need better airfields in France and Germany!

Cheers

vonOben

Thank you very much vonOben. I learn on the job and I have a lot of documentation concerning this airfield.
Cheers :ernae: