PDA

View Full Version : FSX Controller settings

OleBoy
November 6th, 2011, 15:15
are not staying. I have the latest version of FSUIPC with all my settings via that. ALL FSX settings for buttons, switches and controllers have been deleted each time. Once that is done, all the aircraft controls work as I set them in FSUIPC. The problem is every time I close FSX and then restart it, ALL default FSX controller axis, buttons, etc are back to default. I'm really getting miffed with this because every time I start FSX I have to go through the FSX controller settings and delete them before the aircraft responds.

This has never happened before. Anyone have an idea what could cause it?

gigabyte
November 6th, 2011, 16:35
I wish I had FSX functional right now (in the middle of a rebuild of the system) but I do recall having a issue like this, if the old gig-a-brain can recall correctly I had to save the control settings with a new name after I changed/deleted the functions I wanted. I believe it required me to create a new name for the control set and once I did that I just exited FSX and restarted, I went back to the options controls and selected the new one and after that it became the default.

I will look once I get everything restored and see if I can get the exact steps I know I will remember them when I see the screens, but seeing as I am away tomorrow and Tues it may be Wed before I get time.

Good luck with this.

OleBoy
November 7th, 2011, 04:38
GB, thanks for the reply. I just don't understand what the heck is going on. I've fiddled with (deleted) all the default control settings via FSX a few more times. It only seems to work for that session of sim use. Once FSX is shut down and restarted at a later time, all the settings are back to default like a fresh install. I checked the C:\users\my name\roaming\appdata\microsoft\fsx\controller folder each time. The default.xml is there. I did some more searching on Google and found a "similar" issue, but not the same. It apparently doesn't happen a lot because I can't find any real relevance or resolution. I'm baffled by it. Why, all of a sudden?

For the sake of doing so I reinstalled the drivers for my flight stick. That made no difference.

One thing I have not done, is check the FSUIPC forum for related issues. Then again, FSUIPC works as it should.

OleBoy
November 8th, 2011, 10:16
As per Pete Dowson and his suggestion, I am now using FSUIPC for complete control of all functions within FSX. The manual is huge, but very helpful in configuring my flight sticks. And guess what, since all settings are through FSUIPC, there is zero twitching or conflicts of any kind. I'm really enjoying the results. Now, I just need to remember to save the FSUIPC.INI file at the end :mixedsmi:

I almost forgot. Can anyone tell me how to set the pan rate on the joystick, (8 position) hat switch so the panning is smooth?