PDA

View Full Version : Vertigo's RV8 close to release!

alannga1
November 5th, 2011, 18:16
Vertigo's RV8 will come within this month, what a busy month, cheers!

http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/

ryanbatc
November 6th, 2011, 01:45
How does it differ from the Baytower one?

What about their speed differences? I may get one but what I'm really holding out for is Carenado's Jetprop dlx.

alannga1
November 6th, 2011, 05:11
I have no idea, you better ask them.

falcon409
November 6th, 2011, 06:18
They're still on my "No Buy" list after failing to release a patch for the Panther.

DaveKDEN
November 6th, 2011, 06:38
How does it differ from the Baytower one?

What about their speed differences? I may get one but what I'm really holding out for is Carenado's Jetprop dlx.

Baytower's working on an RV-7.

Barnes
November 6th, 2011, 06:46
They're still on my "No Buy" list after failing to release a patch for the Panther.

Yes - and also after the rather "lacking" Avenger Im going to be very cautious about the standard of this one.

Rezabrya
November 6th, 2011, 07:21
I will say on this RV's behalf, that it was going to be something special. I watched it develop for a long time and it looked incredible. Then the modeller disappeared for a while and it turned up at Vertigo's website. I am anxious to see how much of it Vertigo did and if they managed to screw it up or not.

OleBoy
November 6th, 2011, 07:31
Ever since the Baytower was released I was a little enthused. Right up until I heard it was a beta and being charged for it. Getting charged to be on the beta team? I think not. All the beta testing should have remained behind closed doors and kept to chosen individuals up to completion and final release.

I heard Daniel was modeling the RV8 quite some time ago. Having purchased his Pitts, doing several repaints, and conversing via emails with Daniel, I came to enjoy his work. The Pitts was, and still is a very nice model for the price.

Now comes the clincher. Considering Daniel has passed his work off to Virtavia. I'm cautious. Not doubting Daniels abilities, more like I feel the final release will look cartoonish after being in Virtavia's hands, rather than realistic when Daniel did his own thing. Only way to find out is to wait for release. Close-up pictures and pro/con critiques make the decision for me. Now days, cost is a BIG factor.

oakfloor
November 6th, 2011, 08:23
They're still on my "No Buy" list after failing to release a patch for the Panther. Dont forget the bearcat..

Barnes
November 6th, 2011, 08:35
If its by Dan then there is every chance that this will be good :jump:

Rezabrya
November 6th, 2011, 12:15
I watched Dan build the exterior on this thing a while back. I can't comment on the VC since Dan hadn't started on it when I was involved, but the exterior looks about the same as where Dan left it, which is a very very good thing if you ask me.

Roger
November 6th, 2011, 12:17
I'm betting it will be a great model and that Stearman too.

LouP
November 6th, 2011, 18:15
For some strange reason I feel very confused after reading this thread.

LouP :isadizzy:

Kiwikat
November 6th, 2011, 20:45
For some strange reason I feel very confused after reading this thread.

LouP :isadizzy:

I share the same sentiment. :icon_lol:

Not sure if I'm going to pick this one up or not... I've got mixed feelings about the whole thing for many reasons. :mix-smi:

hews500d
November 7th, 2011, 02:50
I'm betting it will be a great model and that Stearman too.

Even though I feel confused also, I agree with Roger on this one.

Darrell

Deano
November 7th, 2011, 03:15
ok this is getting tiring and for the warmongers on SOH

Since March / April this year, we have been promised on numerous occasions in regards to the patches for the F8F and the F9F. vstudios was sending 2+ emails a week to "Dan" to get these corrected.. emails went un-answered.

In September, vstudios even threatened legal action, what came of it absolutely nothing, zilch !

In October I was then having to track him down on social websites to get answers and yet again false promises as I requested that he upload the source files so I can get them fixed by our new coder.

3 weeks ago I got a reply, I will upload the source files for you, outcome ? false promises AGAIN.

For the ones that fail to read and take note of what HAS been said in the past, vstudios DOES NOT have the source files for the Panther or the Bearcat ! so we're not able to fix the F8F OR F9F.

ok this is the fun part, rip this post up however you see fit, blame vstudios however you see fit, avoid vstudios however you see fit.

Do you want vstudios to close up shop ? you've got your wish !

vstudios will NOT be developing any new aircraft. (For those that will want to continue discrediting vstudios, whilst the products are for sale, support WILL continue as normal.)

This is my first post in many months and my last, so have fun with the thread.

Disclaimer : There was never a falling out what so ever, said party just upped sticks and disappeared, leaving myself to take all the flak and horrific emails I had to read, Thanks guys, appreciated.

rvn817j
November 7th, 2011, 03:43
Why all the flak to Deano? Patches come and patches go....I remember waiting forever on a patch from another developer and now you can get that plane as freeware! Big deal it is not and it really gives this place some bad karma.

Back to the RV-8! I can't wait for release. If you want to post anymore pix - feel free.

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
November 7th, 2011, 04:04
Any one remember computer games are supposed to be for grins ? , if not consider this a reminder of the real reason we play FS, if its no fun anymore your missing the point of the game , get back to basics and chill, not one of the bugs is worth loosing sleep over or loosing friends over.

Roger
November 7th, 2011, 04:16
I'm really sorry to hear this Deano and I hope the Stearman and Mossie will be completed.
I don't think it serves anyone any benefit to keep this post open so I will close it forthwith.