PDA

View Full Version : Here's an interesting one to all you DP guru's

Ian Astill
November 5th, 2011, 05:30

I've got a HUGE rack

Why though? Something to do with wep_pah250. Is there a fix?

Also I keep shooting the engine off of planes but they continue to fly around like nothing happened. How can I fix this? I know someone did a fix for the AH Bf109 but it would be nice if I knew how to correct for future reference

sc7500
November 5th, 2011, 05:56
...I've got a HUGE rack... Why though? Something to do with wep_pah250. Is there a fix?

Also I keep shooting the engine off of planes but they continue to fly around like nothing happened. How can I fix this? I know someone did a fix for the AH Bf109 but it would be nice if I knew how to correct for future reference...

Once I quit laughing and gasping for air, I decided to NOT comment on the size of your "rack", MR Astil - Sounds more like a matter between you and your internist, or perhaps a SCASM expert is needed.... :icon_lol:

As for the plane that flies w/o an engine, this pertains to the damage points values in the aircraft DP file - using DPEdit [or a simple text editor], head to the [BOXES] section and make sure the >> Nose << value is Less than the >> Engine << Value,

IE:

; Box = Nose Structure
boxmap.0=30,0 <<< Nose Value
boxmap.1=5,1
boxmap.2=5,2
boxmap.3=45,3 <<< Engine Value
boxmap.4=5,7
boxmap.5=5,-2
boxmap.6=5,-3

[B]Always make sure the engine number is bigger than anything else in the forward structure [BOXES] settings, and there will be very few flying 'nose-less' a/c about !

Best
SC
:kilroy:

Devildog73
November 5th, 2011, 14:18
I think it wise for me to pass on the size of his racks, also.............ROFLOL, TEARS RUNNING DOWN MY CHEEKS!!!!!

tonybones2112
November 5th, 2011, 18:29
Sorry guys, this is a flightsim forum and all, but I blew coffee all over the screen of a Panasonic Toughbook when I read that:salute:

Tony Bones

tonybones2112
November 5th, 2011, 18:31
That was great Ian, thanks buddy, I needed the laugh:jump:

Tony Bones

bearcat241
November 6th, 2011, 01:29
Nip/Tuck to the rescue with a possible fix for that over-sized rack :icon_lol:

sc7500
November 6th, 2011, 06:03
I fear that we've hurt Ian's feeling by playing Fast and Loose with his unintentional wording faux pas....

Just a bunch of folks being Kids for a moment, Mr Astil - we mean you no harm !!! :salute:

SC

Ian Astill
November 6th, 2011, 12:59
Lol

Not hurt my feelings at all. I worded my post for just such a reaction.

Just a very busy time for us brass banders with the remembrance day services next week. Two parade and church services on Sunday and a rather large concert on friday.

Thank you for the Engine fix it worked perfectly. I wasn't aware that part of the DP had any effect on the hitpoints so it will come in very handy

As for the weapons fix I will try to sort when I next get an opportunity to play!

Ian :icon_lol:

sc7500
November 6th, 2011, 13:04
Well THAT'S a Relief ! :ernae:

One never knows about posts, for there are no inflections in the written word.... LOL ! :icon_lol:

Best
SC

kdriver
November 7th, 2011, 06:09
No luck with the rack reduction Bearcat. The game crashes to desktop when the 250lb bombs are selected.

bearcat241
November 8th, 2011, 13:02
No luck with the rack reduction Bearcat. The game crashes to desktop when the 250lb bombs are selected.

Sorry gents, guess its not the fix after all. I'm also having some CTD issues with the 250's. I would have to recommend a suitable replacement from our formidable CFS2 British arsenal, namely the weap packs provided by the Ground Crew, Martin Wright and others. As for the rocket rails, i'm not sure what weap packs you guys (kdriver and Ian) are using with your Vickers Wellesley. My stock Wellesley doesn't have these in the defo payloads. You can also find replacements for those rails as well in Martin's Spitpak and also in some of the Typhoon models we've seen over the years.

Ian Astill
November 8th, 2011, 13:27
the racks aren't in the dp at all but when i remove the wep_pah250's they disappear