PDA

View Full Version : COD 75% off sale

olaf1924
November 4th, 2011, 08:03
IL-2 Cliffs of Dover (http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/il-2-sturmovik-cliffs-of-dover)

GT182
November 4th, 2011, 10:06
That's the download version. If someone does buy it, make sure you put the dowload on a DVD asap.

Would be nice if they'd reduce the price of the store boxed discs too.

richcreator
November 5th, 2011, 10:04
Great games hold their original full selling price up to 2 years and more, not needing to reduce price soon after release.
Then again maybe people aren't buying this because of the affiliation with Steam.
I know I'm ticked, not being the wizer.

Naismith
November 5th, 2011, 10:31
Great games hold their original full selling price up to 2 years and more, not needing to reduce price soon after release.
Then again maybe people aren't buying this because of the affiliation with Steam.
I know I'm ticked, not being the wizer.

Steam is the lesser of the two evils imho, the greater being Starforce which (Grrrrr Grrrr) once destroyed my W7 installation by doing some mischief to the MBR. But Steam does not actually interfere with the PC itself. No I get the impression that COD was an unfinished program judging from comments read otherwhere. I for one am sick to death of software companies treating the buying public as beta testers. You wouldn't buy a car if it came with only 3 wheels (unless it was a Reliant Robin in which case I mean 2 wheels) lol

Whitehawk
November 5th, 2011, 23:19
Not the developer's fault though, Ubi$oft rushed it out the door to make money..

CWOJackson
November 6th, 2011, 05:54
Not the developer's fault though, Ubi$oft rushed it out the door to make money..

Not to sound flippant but how many years was this in development?

dhasdell
November 6th, 2011, 07:42
I bought it from Just Flight a while ago when it was half price, and I haven't really got on with it. It looks good, but I wouldn't recommend it as a "must have" - more of a "at this price it's worth a look".

Something I always find interesting is to see how many people are live on which forums here at SOH. CoD and RoF don't do too well, and CFS3 often has fewer users online than CFS2.

richcreator
November 8th, 2011, 05:24
October - 50% off.

November - 75% off.

December just in time for Christmas - Free? :wiggle:

stansdds
November 9th, 2011, 02:00
October - 50% off.

November - 75% off.

December just in time for Christmas - Free? :wiggle:

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:
I dunno, maybe?

redriver6
November 10th, 2011, 05:32
:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:
I dunno, maybe?

maybe so...Rise of Flight is free with two playable a/c....maybe CloD will go that route.

richcreator
November 10th, 2011, 05:54
maybe so...Rise of Flight is free with two playable a/c....maybe CloD will go that route.

It's too late now for me. I already paid full price which is the reason
I'm ticked off. Haven't got it to run enough to get a nickle's worth back on my investment yet.
Rise of Flight is just as bad running and setting up as CoD but at least I didn't pay anything yet so I have no reason to complain about RoF.

Ferry_vO
November 10th, 2011, 06:07
RoF has a free demo, but the full game still needs to be bought, with additional aircaft (bundles) available.

dhasdell
November 10th, 2011, 23:21
I think the unlimited demo of RoF is the full game, but with only the SPAD and Albatros DV flyable, which means that only one of the three campaigns can be flown, as the others need the Nieuport 28 and Fokker DVII. All other a/c are present and available as AI and can be unlocked online to make them flyable, and all the free extra skins etc at the 777 Rise of Flight site are available. This way you can buy what you want, and not pay for things you will never use.