PDA

View Full Version : Something new....

krazycolin
November 4th, 2011, 06:14
Yeah... I know... the S8 version is a hard one to beat... We're going to try it though...

skyhawka4m
November 4th, 2011, 06:41
HOLY S@#$!!!!!!! Out friggin standing!!!!!!! It looks awesome already...and the paint possibilities!!!!

fsafranek
November 4th, 2011, 09:01
Nice but that version has been done ad nauseam.

How about a D/K/L model instead. Just wishing out loud.
:ernae:

hschuit
November 4th, 2011, 09:54
Nice but that version has been done ad nauseam.

How about a D/K/L model instead. Just wishing out loud.

Couldn't agree more, a worthy FSX successor for the Ito san FS9 Sabredog would be nice!

Warrant
November 4th, 2011, 10:09
Now this is something i've been waiting for a long time:medals:

You better include a Dutch version, otherwise i'll make a "Kaasjager" paint (euh...make that multiple paints):running:

Finally.....WOW! :salute:

Edit: F-86K, all the way!

bstolle
November 4th, 2011, 10:14
D/K/L ? too heavy & too ugly & too complex ;)

skyblazer3
November 4th, 2011, 10:19
The last true fighter...... great choice Milviz. Keep us posted -- this is wonderful. :salute::salute:

After about 2,000 hours in the SF8 Sabre (which I love), this will be a nice change.

jonraptor
November 4th, 2011, 12:36
This is definitely a bird some of us have waited for, for a long time!!! Can't wait to see the possibilities...maybe some Canadair Mk6s as well? Even the A model would be awesome :) keep up the great work MilViz. Might we ever hope to see a rendition of the sabre's successor from you guys?

Roger
November 4th, 2011, 12:39
The renders look fabulous:engel016:

Bjoern
November 4th, 2011, 13:28
D/K/L ? too heavy & too ugly & too complex ;)

There's still the canuck and aussie versions...

jeansy
November 4th, 2011, 13:30
There's still the canuck and aussie versions...

there never seems to be a decent ca 27 anywhere, fingers crossed

hae5904
November 4th, 2011, 14:20
Awesome!! A Sabre Dog....really one that's missing within FSX!! :wiggle:

Cheers,
Hank

(Section 8 hasn't been updated for quite awhile.....unfortunately)

Sundog
November 4th, 2011, 15:11
Beautiful renders. Looks like my hopes for an H are still on hold.

skyblazer3
November 4th, 2011, 15:23
Beautiful renders. Looks like my hopes for an H are still on hold.

That'll be the day..... My father flew the H at George in 1956 -- it was his first assignment in fighters. After 30 years in the fighter business and a multitude of aircraft -- the H is still his favorite. I took him to see one at the national museum of the Air Force two weeks ago, and the memories really came back. Those were the days!

While a great F-15 and F-16 and any number of other aircraft are needed in FSX, I am really proud of Milviz for going ahead with this project. The Sabre is special, the last of the true fighters. We won't see anything like it again I'm afraid.

Anyway, thanks again Milviz. It is really easy for me to get sentimental over Sabres -- whatever model it may be. And I do think that the F-30 is the appropriate model to work on, as it represents most of the sabres still flying, and it is most iconic of all sabres. Variety is good -- but having a Native FSX icon is something that makes us all happy. Do keep us posted, I'm really looking forward to see how you guys tackle bare-metal aluminum.

:salute:

c.e.

krazycolin
November 4th, 2011, 15:54
Gunnar is amazing and I am sure he will come through for us!

strykerpsg
November 4th, 2011, 16:32
HOLY S@#$!!!!!!! Out friggin standing!!!!!!! It looks awesome already...and the paint possibilities!!!!

Ditto what he said!

Couldn't agree more, a worthy FSX successor for the Ito san FS9 Sabredog would be nice!

Ditto what he said too! But with your attention to detail, I'll take any variant you produce.

Matt

Javis
November 4th, 2011, 17:52
Excuse me while i pick up my jaw from the floor...... :isadizzy:

Ok, back in.

That looks simply supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, as Mary Poppins once said ( for non musical afficionados it means " atoning for educability through delicate beauty " )

But like it's been said before why not the Dog, K or L, or even FJ-2, -3, or -4.... You could've helped us (sectionf8) out there...

F-100...

Still, that's some superbly exquisite modeling ! ( and rendering ! ) :applause::applause:

( i bet that must be atleast half a million poly's if not more...? I mean with those flexi light wires and all.... sjeezzzz!.. ;-)

Cheers,
Jan

krazycolin
November 4th, 2011, 19:24
total poly count is.... 196,087 Triangles. Including the pilot.

The F-86 is a good choice because of... several things. Things that cannot be said... yet.

Skyhawk18
November 5th, 2011, 01:00
That'll be the day..... My father flew the H at George in 1956 -- it was his first assignment in fighters. After 30 years in the fighter business and a multitude of aircraft -- the H is still his favorite. I took him to see one at the national museum of the Air Force two weeks ago, and the memories really came back. Those were the days!

While a great F-15 and F-16 and any number of other aircraft are needed in FSX, I am really proud of Milviz for going ahead with this project. The Sabre is special, the last of the true fighters. We won't see anything like it again I'm afraid.

Anyway, thanks again Milviz. It is really easy for me to get sentimental over Sabres -- whatever model it may be. And I do think that the F-30 is the appropriate model to work on, as it represents most of the sabres still flying, and it is most iconic of all sabres. Variety is good -- but having a Native FSX icon is something that makes us all happy. Do keep us posted, I'm really looking forward to see how you guys tackle bare-metal aluminum.

:salute:

c.e.

Gunnar is amazing and I am sure he will come through for us!

Thanks Colin!
I am really looking forward to to start painting the Sabre :salute:
Bare alu is demanding. But, I have made ​​a number of such textures before... :icon_lol:

jp
November 5th, 2011, 07:09
I personally would still love an F4J Fury, however I don't see too much interest in that version.

Mach3DS
November 5th, 2011, 07:57
That is brilliant! Nice job. Can't wait to see it in FSX. My dream is an F-86 + Accusim. :) I too would LOVE to see a real F4J Fury, not just a sabre painted to look like one ;)

krazycolin
November 5th, 2011, 08:33
We intend, as always, to do it as real as we can... given our capabilities and FSX.

I will check out the F4J Fury but, given the differences in the cockpit, it's extremely unlikely we will do it...

Mach3DS
November 5th, 2011, 08:43
I realize you're not A2A...I have purchased your stuff in the past. Very impressed. I was just thinking out loud. All the best to you in this endeavor! The Sabre is an all time favorite of mine, and probably many people. You should have some great success with this. :) I'll be in line at the checkout when it's ready. :)

Milton Shupe
November 5th, 2011, 12:54
I am mesmerized! :applause:

delta_lima
November 5th, 2011, 13:34
Looks fantastic - no doubt about that.

That said, the model choice calculus is becoming frustratingly predictable. Catering to the middle of the road - I get that, since we're talking about payware. Much as I love the Sabre, especially the Canadair variants, I'll definitely pass. My money goes to those enterprising developers willing to model more unique types. In this case, it would have handily gone to support either a D/L/K or a truly navalised (FJ-3/4) Fury. For the E/F Sabres and its Canadair semi-lookalikes, the SF8 more than adequately scratches my regular F-86 itch.

Good luck, though :ernae:

dl

krazycolin
November 5th, 2011, 16:04
We actually chose this one for a very specific reason... There is one thing that the S8 cannot do that ours will be able to do... I will not say anymore than that...

wombat666
November 5th, 2011, 16:38
Looks superb!:applause:
I can't see a CA27 given the unique external details (3" deeper air intake, shorter rear fuselage, Aden guns, multitude of cooling vents etc) but it would be nice to have the ultimate version of the ultimate 'fighter'.
Unfortunately an F-86 in RAAF colours just looks wrong.

Pips
November 5th, 2011, 16:55
Super fantastic! I'll be definitley keeping an eye on this one.

skyhawka4m
November 5th, 2011, 20:34
I am truly looking forward to this.....but an F-86H needs to be done......its the HOG of the 86's and I love it.

Mach3DS
November 5th, 2011, 22:48
We actually chose this one for a very specific reason... There is one thing that the S8 cannot do that ours will be able to do... I will not say anymore than that...

Actually use the radar ranging gun sight!?? :kilroy: That would be fantastic!

Stickshaker
November 6th, 2011, 04:59
I'll be waiting eagerly for this one!

MenendezDiego
November 6th, 2011, 07:40
'It's not the variant I want!'

'You should really do a Z model!'

http://www.gamertagpics.com/users/i/I_/I_xSx1xCxKx_I/Crying-Baby-Pictures.jpg

krazycolin
November 6th, 2011, 07:51
LOL!!!!!:guinness::guinness::guinness::guinness::g uinness:

fliger747
November 6th, 2011, 18:47
This one should be a bit special.... If I were to have a warbird of my own? The F-86 would fit the bill. Yes the Fury would be nice, but this one should prove educational and fun! PS: I even got to fly it a short way already!!

Cheers: T

skyblazer3
November 8th, 2011, 17:01

So this got me thinking about what the SF8 Sabre can not do..... and I haven't come up with much.

1. Speed brake and Drop tank Animations working in multiplayer
2. Control freeze on hydraulic failure
3. Landing lights that illuminate the ground
4. Windmilling of the engine for a "korean-war" air start on the ground or in the air.
5. a more realistic gunsight
6. a refined flight model (particularly the throttle/power settings)
7. Radios that fail when they get wet.... j/k.

Unless you guys have figured out a way to make machine guns work, you've got me beat. Really looking forward to the development of this one. As I write this, I'm looking at a painting of two F-86s taking off in formation for a mission in Korea...... I can't wait guys. Godspeed.

Chris:guinness:

strykerpsg
November 8th, 2011, 17:15
So this got me thinking about what the SF8 Sabre can not do..... and I haven't come up with much.

1. Speed brake and Drop tank Animations working in multiplayer
2. Control freeze on hydraulic failure
3. Landing lights that illuminate the ground
4. Windmilling of the engine for a "korean-war" air start on the ground or in the air.
5. a more realistic gunsight
7. Radios that fail when they get wet.... j/k.

Unless you guys have figured out a way to make machine guns work, you've got me beat. Really looking forward to the development of this one. As I write this, I'm looking at a painting of two F-86s taking off in formation for a mission in Korea...... I can't wait guys. Godspeed.

Chris:guinness:

I'm thinking guns for some terrific air to air gunfights...............my dream at least.

Matt

bstolle
November 8th, 2011, 21:01

That's for sure. Just re-tested the S8 Sabre a few weeks ago and FDE wise there's quite some room for improvement.

skyblazer3
November 8th, 2011, 21:45
yeah..... the SF8 sabre is one of the best aircraft in the sim; it outclasses much of the payware work out there. However, I think Milviz will be able to really impress us by utilizing features specific to FSX.

DagR
November 9th, 2011, 02:56
F-86D, K and L, that's my votes !

krazycolin
November 9th, 2011, 04:31
Good thing this isn't a democrazy... We're doing the F-86F-30 as it's one of my faves and, the one we did for AS was "not very nice".

We are not doing a D, K or an L or an H or a Fury at this time.

hae5904
November 9th, 2011, 10:26

Yep, mine too.
But I'm afraid we're not getting a Dog Sabre for a long long time Dag!

Cheers,
Hank

fsafranek
November 9th, 2011, 11:51
Mine too!

I guess someone else will see the logic and reap the benefits.

delta_lima
November 9th, 2011, 11:58
'It's not the variant I want!'

'You should really do a Z model!'

Mock all you like. To be consistent, though, I guess someone should have posted something similar in response to this:

Still no option for GBU-38's or single GBU-12's?

Come on...really?

Or, maybe we could agree that expressing our views in a polite, civil manner is part of this hobby, and recognize devs may or may not act on those views - according to their own prerogative - and we agree to live by that.

All I intended was to give perspective on what I thought would be a highly-appreciated niche. Nevertheless, I respect KC's decision - having heard it from him is fine by me. When KC posted looking for a RW Sabre pilot in July, I gave him a suggestion and have sincerely wished him well - so I'm not losing sleep over this. If that's somehow fodder for your amusement, that's fine by me.

dl

krazycolin
November 9th, 2011, 12:26
Guys. Please. The main and most important reason for not doing the D or the H or the L is that they were considerably more complex in terms of radar, weapons, systems and avionics as well as being quite different physically inside and out. We at Milviz, do ONE variant only with maybe some extras in the VC if we can. We do that so that we can put more effort into making sure that it's as right as we can make it. Besides, after the Eagle E debacle, we were looking for something simple but cool. So we decided on that. Please be patient and you will see why.

Thanks for the compliments and the "votes" but seriously, I do not wish this thread to be closed. If you don't like the plane we chose or wish we would/could do something else, this isn't the way to convince us. Emailing me and begging (or sending money) is a good start:jump:. Posting in our forums is a good idea too... but not in a thread where we are showing off what we ARE doing...

This is just my two cents here but I believe it's valid.

Kiwikat
November 9th, 2011, 13:55
I am glad to see the F being done "properly". I just hope you make the paint kit as friendly as possible... :wavey:

krazycolin
November 9th, 2011, 14:55
We do try very hard to make the paint kit user friendly but, that said, our goal is always to maximize the amount of quality vs FPS.

Skyhawk18
November 10th, 2011, 06:14
I am glad to see the F being done "properly". I just hope you make the paint kit as friendly as possible... :wavey:

:icon_lol::salute: ....

Stickshaker
November 12th, 2011, 07:01
Guys. Please. The main and most important reason for not doing the D or the H or the L is that they were considerably more complex in terms of radar, weapons, systems and avionics as well as being quite different physically inside and out. We at Milviz, do ONE variant only with maybe some extras in the VC if we can. We do that so that we can put more effort into making sure that it's as right as we can make it. Besides, after the Eagle E debacle, we were looking for something simple but cool. So we decided on that. Please be patient and you will see why.

Thanks for the compliments and the "votes" but seriously, I do not wish this thread to be closed. If you don't like the plane we chose or wish we would/could do something else, this isn't the way to convince us. Emailing me and begging (or sending money) is a good start:jump:. Posting in our forums is a good idea too... but not in a thread where we are showing off what we ARE doing...

This is just my two cents here but I believe it's valid.

Well said! Anyway, if there were a vote it would be the -F for me anyway.

DagR
November 12th, 2011, 10:20
Radar equipped 'big sabres' would have been firsts in the FSX world. An F is not.
Please do the long wing slatted late model at least. Martin Baker MK 5 seats were fitted in these by the RNoAF and Luftwaffe around 1959-60.
I see the commercial aspect of this and the way MilViz thinks so I do not have particulary high hopes...

Naruto-kun
November 12th, 2011, 10:36
May I point out that the F-Block-30 is equipped IRL with gunsight radar.....Sorry for not being around much guys havent had much internet.