PDA

View Full Version : Not Snapping to Verticies

Firebar
November 3rd, 2011, 16:29
Hey all, I'm having a little issue with a model I'm playing around with, when I boolean the wings for an intersection with the fuselage and delete some polys when I go to build the new ones onto the reamining verticies some of them don't snap to while others do. Has anyone experiencedd this too or know how to cure this?

Cheers
M

N2056
November 3rd, 2011, 17:23
Would I be correct in assuming this is Gmax and you are using "create poly"? If so in vertice mode grab one of the "duds" and see if you have more than one selected. If you do weld them and then see if it works.

Firebar
November 5th, 2011, 01:27
Interestingly if I clone a verticie and try to weld the clone to the original it says "no weldable verticies within limit" or something to thet effect, on the otherhand I can construct the poly onto the cloned point.

Cheers for pushing me in the direction of a fix.

M

Milton Shupe
November 5th, 2011, 04:56
Sometimes you will find that changing the object to Editable Mesh allows you to then select that vertice. If that is the case, then there may be a rogue poly in there that you do not see. It should create a suspician that there is a mesh issue. Also, going into wireframe mode to check for the unseen may be helpful.

Many times following a boolean, I will simply delete and re-create the mesh around it just to get all polys or faces built for best smoothing.

hairyspin
November 5th, 2011, 12:04
Dragging the unwilling vertice around can often reveal where an unexpected poly is connected from. Using right-click undo is invaluable for this:- click on vertex, drag around to see what else moves, then while still holding down the left mouse button click the right button: instant undo! I use this a lot...

Good to see you around here again, Matt!

Firebar
November 11th, 2011, 14:11
That's a good shortcut, I hadn't heard of that one before! Still working on my leopard model, It actually looks alright now and is partially texture mapped. Still got to get the interior right and the gear is a bit makeshift though.

Yeah it's been a while since I've posted, I've found I have a bit more sensible time during the day now I'm at Uni, and I've got an excuse to flight sim because I'm studying Aeronautics and Astronautics!

Milton Shupe
November 11th, 2011, 20:57
That's a good shortcut, I hadn't heard of that one before! Still working on my leopard model, It actually looks alright now and is partially texture mapped. Still got to get the interior right and the gear is a bit makeshift though.

Yeah it's been a while since I've posted, I've found I have a bit more sensible time during the day now I'm at Uni, and I've got an excuse to flight sim because I'm studying Aeronautics and Astronautics!

Interesting aircraft; any screenies to share? :)

Firebar
November 12th, 2011, 06:03
Slowly does it....