PDA

View Full Version : We need the Brown Navy in FSX

Crusader
November 2nd, 2011, 02:52
I wish we had one of these in FSX . This is Tim's(Piglet) PBR-31 MK11 Patrol Boat he made it I believe in 2003 for FS2002/2004 . I tried it in FSX . It visually shows up fairly well . It could use some work on the wake effects and I could never get it to steer right . It's at flightsim.com (pbr-31.zip and a modification river-pt.zip that adds some views). It would fit right into the Mekong Delta in Xavier's excellent Vietnam War Project wouldn't it ?

Rich

strikehawk
November 2nd, 2011, 15:40
I've been thinking that too. We already have Piglet's OV-10 in VAL-4 colors although having them painted OD or Marine field green would be nice. I've been playing with the idea of painting one of the freeware B or C model Huey's in HA(L)-3 colors. The unit I retired from was a direct descendant of the Seawolves. It's unfortunate that the Brown Water Navy is not as well known as the carriers on Yankee and Dixie Station or the B-52 Arc Light strikes, those Sailors deserve more recognition than they have gotten.:salute:

jeansy
November 2nd, 2011, 18:57
you can always ad it as AI

hae5904
November 3rd, 2011, 00:05
What we do need is a "Tango" with helideck........:icon_lol:

Cheers,
Hank

strikehawk
November 4th, 2011, 17:49
What we do need is a "Tango" with helideck........:icon_lol:

Cheers,
Hank

There is a set of Monitors on Simviation that were made for CFS2, I tried to get them to work in FS9 a while back, not even sure if they would make good static models in FSX. Sad too because the pack included a couple of Romeo's and a Tango. One had a flight deck I think it was the mobile aid-station.

lazarus
November 5th, 2011, 02:38
I've Tims PBR's working for AI Carriers, just need to tune static height a bit. Some kind of LST or monitor would be sweet. How about a substitue LCU 51287, AI, landable (though a tough deck) and usable for vehicles.