PDA

View Full Version : MIlviz CH-47D Chinook

krazycolin
November 1st, 2011, 13:12
Hi all... Steve never got around to posting these so here they are... He's moving so I forgive him and so should you! :guinness:

Though this is a Milviz/ND joint affair, for reasons unspecified in this post, we have taken over the beta-testing and the production thereof.

Thanks for looking...

krazycolin
November 1st, 2011, 13:14
part two....

As an FYI, the guns and internals for "war" will be removed and a "civvie" version will be available...

Barnes
November 1st, 2011, 13:19
Wow - thats looking very good :jump:

Warrant
November 1st, 2011, 13:31
part two....

As an FYI, the guns and internals for "war" will be removed and a "civvie" version will be available...

I hope you mean a civil version will be available as well. I like the version with guns and internals "for war" (and i hope a version with M240's (FN MAG, red) will be available as well). Gunners/loadmasters (static or animated) will be a nice addition as well.

krazycolin
November 1st, 2011, 13:39
nb: these are not renders. They are screenshots. We will have some in FSX shortly.... (yes beta testers... you know who you are so prep thineselves!)

Yes, a civilian version will be available.

Gunners and loadmasters and HMMVS as well...

Sascha66
November 1st, 2011, 13:41
That is pretty amazing!

jeansy
November 1st, 2011, 15:13
Thanks Colin

dougal
November 1st, 2011, 15:20
Mmmm.... now THAT looks somewhat more promising;-) :applause::applause::applause:

strykerpsg
November 1st, 2011, 16:54
Thanks for updating us. Will there be a glass cockpit version as well? Also, any thoughts to trying to model the MH47? Plenty of readily available pics via google without asking for a TF160 type to divulge anything secret.

Matt

krazycolin
November 1st, 2011, 17:49
We are only doing the steam gauge version. Coding the FMC's and all the glass... well, after the Eagle E, we're not going to be doing any of that kind of thing for some time. Way too complex to do it properly and, quite honestly, not worth it.

fliger747
November 1st, 2011, 18:47
I have had a chance to fly this one around a bit, very promising bird and a good flier. My daughter being a high altitude mountain guide/rescue person has had a few rides in them. Good choppers are fun, especially in FSX!

T

strykerpsg
November 1st, 2011, 19:23
We are only doing the steam gauge version. Coding the FMC's and all the glass... well, after the Eagle E, we're not going to be doing any of that kind of thing for some time. Way too complex to do it properly and, quite honestly, not worth it.

Cool. I completely understand and still hope the E will see the light of day. This and your Mudhen are must haves on my list. Thanks again for the update. I agree with the previous posters that this Chinook looks fantastic and will look even better with various payloads and pax. Looking forward to its release.

Matt

ryanbatc
November 1st, 2011, 21:08
A flight of three just left Duluth last week, I think they headed to Volk in Wisconsin...

Neat birds.

jeansy
November 2nd, 2011, 20:12
Colin, a couple of questions

im wondering why dont you release it on your own since your team is doing all the hard work?

reading around the traps that many people are not impressed with ND over previous releases and stating they will never buy again from them

wouldnt it be better long term selling it thru your vendor?

or its a case the paperwork has been signed already?

slipstream
December 12th, 2011, 09:44
Any update on the Chinook beta testing? I don't think I can wait much longer. Please before Xmas. I'll pay double.

slipstream
December 12th, 2011, 21:10
Bump.

Naruto-kun
December 12th, 2011, 23:44
I would like to know whats happening myself...but it seems ND is busy with one of their in house projects atm....

slipstream
December 13th, 2011, 04:02
Seems a bit strange that ND's next release, the AS350, has entered beta testing over a month later than the chinook. One can only assume their are problems with the latter.

Naruto-kun
December 13th, 2011, 04:40
Colin, a couple of questions

im wondering why dont you release it on your own since your team is doing all the hard work?

reading around the traps that many people are not impressed with ND over previous releases and stating they will never buy again from them

wouldnt it be better long term selling it thru your vendor?

or its a case the paperwork has been signed already?

I think the contract was already signed. However as far as our team doing helos....we have the Super Cobra in line if i recall correctly but the big problem is none of us aside from Roadburner have any experience with helos much less developing them. So....the FDEs is going to be a tough one for our team alone.

fliger747
December 13th, 2011, 11:55
Working on other things at this moment, but have flown this one, not really too bad. A resourceful bunch, so I am sure it will work out well in the end.

Cheers: Tom

Roadburner440
December 13th, 2011, 12:09
Unfortunately I do regret to inform you that the Chinook has been put on the back burner. We are pressing ahead with other internal Milviz projects. As stated above though the Nemeth's are working on their in house products first. We are working on the F-15 SP though, and working on other projects. So all is not lost.

jojohnson9
December 14th, 2011, 09:05
Unfortunately I do regret to inform you that the Chinook has been put on the back burner. We are pressing ahead with other internal Milviz projects. As stated above though the Nemeth's are working on their in house products first. We are working on the F-15 SP though, and working on other projects. So all is not lost.
This is quite disappointing news. While there are a few outstanding F-15s available, no excellent (operative word: EXCELLENT) Chinook exists. I was really waiting for this one.

Naruto-kun
December 14th, 2011, 10:26
Personally...I cant exactly let the F-15 come out as excellent....It has to be the top. Or nothing. One of the 2. And it definitely wont be nothing if I can help it....

slipstream
December 15th, 2011, 15:52
I emailed ND and got a swift reply, all be it a very sad one.

Hi Keith,

At the beginning of November only a pre-alpha version of the model was sent to our partner Milviz. That was just an early preview of the model whose purpose was to let them verify if there is any changes on the model or textures are necessary in order to make it shown in FS correctly. That means it was far from beta testing. Since then we made additional works on the chinook, as a matter of fact is is very close to a real beta test version now but meanwhile we continued to work on our own AS350 project. The developments of that project started for more earlier than the Chinook so we decided to finish that first before we allocate all of our resources on the Chinook project.

The AS350 will be released around Xmas, this means the developments of the Chinook will continue after that but at the moment I really shouldn't/can't give you an exact release date for that.

Best regards,
Tamas Nemeth

Gibbage
December 15th, 2011, 17:41
I dont see how that reply is in any way sad. They confirmed that the Chinook was still in progress, and would be released soon after there current project is done. Good things come to those who wait.

airattackimages
December 15th, 2011, 18:00
Anyone know why Colin is banned?

strykerpsg
December 15th, 2011, 21:00
Anyone know why Colin is banned?

Yeah, just noticed that as well....admins? Not that you owe us any answers, but I've never seen anythingremotely bad spewing forth from Colin's messages, only the occasional bad business deals.

Matt

fsafranek
December 16th, 2011, 08:57
Yeah, just noticed that as well....admins? Not that you owe us any answers, but I've never seen anythingremotely bad spewing forth from Colin's messages, only the occasional bad business deals.

Matt
Maybe the admins also got tired of listening to it? :kilroy:

airattackimages
December 16th, 2011, 19:57
I'm not for or against it, just curious. I have no reason to be, just that I had noticed it.

huub vink
December 17th, 2011, 00:28
Colin, has been banned as he got a bit too personal towards an other member and as you all know personal attacks aren't allowed here.

Huub

jeansy
December 17th, 2011, 12:01
ahhh really, i enjoyed his rants , bummer

sometimes we the consumers need to be put in our places, i know i get my fair share, but life goes on,

if some consumers are that thin skinned theres always avsim to get there free models from

N2056
December 17th, 2011, 12:23
I must ask that we not speculate as to where/what the issue was, as that's not fair to the general membership.
Getting back on topic...

Warrant
December 17th, 2011, 13:00
Colin, has been banned as he got a bit too personal towards an other member and as you all know personal attacks aren't allowed here.

Huub
Think Colin got the point. Hope SOH-admin's will let him return. It's almost X-mas :ernae::snowman::santahat:

strykerpsg
December 17th, 2011, 13:27
I was just suprised because normally we see the discussion publicly and then know what's coming down the pipeline next. It is unfortunate and rules are rules. It is nice that he is one of a few developers that actually take feedback from their products in this forum, along with Francois, Bill and a few others. It would be most unfortunate for all if he doesn't return based on the ban.

Matt

Roadburner440
December 17th, 2011, 18:30
I was just suprised because normally we see the discussion publicly and then know what's coming down the pipeline next. It is unfortunate and rules are rules. It is nice that he is one of a few developers that actually take feedback from their products in this forum, along with Francois, Bill and a few others. It would be most unfortunate for all if he doesn't return based on the ban.

Matt

Well I have been absent a lot due to my move, so kind of my fault about the lack of information (sometimes I do give you guys to much information, and that gets me in trouble :icon_lol:). With that being said my FSX computer is being set back up, and I am getting back in to the swing of things. I will be testing the SP/Afterburner fix hopefully tomorrow, and things will be back on track... Personally I thought (thought being the operative word) that the Chinook would be well in Alpha by the time I finished moving. That obviously did not materialize, and we are looking in to alternatives at the moment. It just sucks that I can completely disassemble, and reassemble real helicopters. I cannot however program virtual helicopters as I have come to find out. You cannot win for losing sometimes. :gameoff:

On a side note it will be up to the mods whether or not Colin returns. Personally I do not think that is up for our discussion, and it probably should not be mentioned at all. That being said Icky and them are kind, and I do have a feeling that he will be back. That is for him to work out with them though. I am back and about so I will be giving everyone their needed updates again now.

Mithrin
December 18th, 2011, 03:59
Whoop whoop. Classic chopper. Looking good!

warchild
December 18th, 2011, 04:04
Gentleman.. Please..
this thread goes back on topic and stays there starting "now" or by the end of the next post, it's locked..
Pam

warchild
December 18th, 2011, 04:05
Whoop whoop. Classic chopper. Looking good!

Chuckles:: Sorry Mithrin. You beat my posting by just a minute.. Thanks for staying on topic..
Pam

Warrant
December 18th, 2011, 09:11
Gentleman.. Please..
this thread goes back on topic and stays there starting "now" or by the end of the next post, it's locked..
Pam

Darn, you're strict :a1089:!
Back to topic; looking at the first posts in this thread, i'd like to see updates and progress on this one. Not that i dislike the other Chinooks already available, but this one looks so darn good! I'm into choppers lately, and a realistic looking CH-47 (which can be converted to current and future RNLAF Chinooks) is still heavily on my whishlist!

hae5904
December 18th, 2011, 09:18
Vince, it will take some time for the Chinook to arrive, as stated earlier in the thread.
Also the model planned is the CH-47D with analogue flight intruments, no glass cockpit as ours in the RNLAF.

Cheers,
Hank

Warrant
December 18th, 2011, 11:22
....Also the model planned is the CH-47D with analogue flight intruments, no glass cockpit as ours in the RNLAF.

Damn! Well, one cannot stop hoping!

Roadburner440
December 18th, 2011, 13:35
Damn! Well, one cannot stop hoping!

I can most certaintly confirm the Chinook will not have glass. As cool as it would be, and I myself would like to see the Army Special Forces version of Chinook (MH-47) there is just to many things that factor in to doing those kind of pits. The F-15 has been our first real crack at a glass pit, and it has been one rough ride. There are a lot of variables, and we find ourselves spending a lot of time trying to get it just right. I myself personally like analog gauges anyway as I feel more connected with the aircraft. Plus it gives me more stuff to look at on longer flights. Glass pitted birds are cool in their own right though. Especially since most of them are the cutting edge fighters/choppers.

strykerpsg
December 18th, 2011, 13:43
I can most certaintly confirm the Chinook will not have glass. As cool as it would be, and I myself would like to see the Army Special Forces version of Chinook (MH-47) there is just to many things that factor in to doing those kind of pits. The F-15 has been our first real crack at a glass pit, and it has been one rough ride. There are a lot of variables, and we find ourselves spending a lot of time trying to get it just right. I myself personally like analog gauges anyway as I feel more connected with the aircraft. Plus it gives me more stuff to look at on longer flights. Glass pitted birds are cool in their own right though. Especially since most of them are the cutting edge fighters/choppers.

We'll keep hoping though....I too would love to see a better MH47 than the Area 51 bird and your teams work is first rate with attention to detail.

Matt

strykerpsg
December 18th, 2011, 13:44
Now get back to work on the SP for the Mudhen........ :guinness:

Roadburner440
December 18th, 2011, 14:05
Now get back to work on the SP for the Mudhen........ :guinness:

LOL.. I am not working on that. My job is to come on here and chat with you folks. :icon_lol: That said I will be testing it when it is finished. He sent me the screen cap of the burners yesterday that I put in the F-15 thread. Just waiting on it to drop. Got my wireless keboard today so I am ready when they are to test it. Christmas is but a week away now.

Barnes
December 18th, 2011, 14:09
Thanks for keeping us uptodate Roadburner

strykerpsg
December 18th, 2011, 14:31
LOL.. I am not working on that. My job is to come on here and chat with you folks. :icon_lol: That said I will be testing it when it is finished. He sent me the screen cap of the burners yesterday that I put in the F-15 thread. Just waiting on it to drop. Got my wireless keboard today so I am ready when they are to test it. Christmas is but a week away now.

Great to know you'll be able to still provide us MILVIZ updates. Can't wait for the SP and give the Stike Eagle her just desserts in the virtual skies. Your Strike Eagle's going to be a hard one to beat. It's ironic that another company never released their fantastic WIP of an F-35 because there was one in existence, Dino's. Now, in the spirit of competiviness, we shall have two models. Guess their sales model got updated, thankfully to our benefit.

If you need any info on the MH-47, let me know, as there's a contigenent of them here at Gray AAF.

Matt