PDA

View Full Version : 'Nico Rosberg To Ferrari?'

Panther_99FS
November 1st, 2011, 08:38
http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-nico-rosberg-quiet-as-ferrari-rumors-heat-up

wombat666
November 1st, 2011, 10:35
Nico would be a good fit but he'd need to remember who is the #1.
:kilroy:

Ferry_vO
November 1st, 2011, 10:41
At least at Mercedes he can become the #1, no chance of that at Ferrari with Alonso having signed until 2016..

BTW: Possibly Raikkonen and Sutil at Williams next year..?

Wing_Z
November 1st, 2011, 13:00
They'll all be sending "messages" to try getting the best 2012 deal, won't they?
Wonder if Kubica will be fit to drive F1?
And what would Raikkonen want with a dead-dog team like Williams?

I have invented an index by dividing the driver's points scored by his age.
This gives a "Greatness Potential" for 2012.
It'a just a bit of fun, but is actually close to what I really rate them...

<tbody>
Driver
Index

Sebastian Vettel

Lewis Hamilton

Jenson Button

Fernando Alonso

Mark Webber

Felipe Massa

Nico Rosberg

Michael Schumacher

Vitaly Petrov

Jaime Alguersuari

Kamui Kobayashi

Adrian Sutil

Nick Heidfeld

Paul di Resta

Sergio Perez

Sebastien Buemi

</tbody>

wombat666
November 1st, 2011, 17:06
Wing_Z,
Interesting exercise but it proves that numbers mean SFA.

Vettel a 'Great'???
Not as long as my butt points downward!!

I do have a deal of respect for Alonso and Button, but I'm afraid the rest (sadly including my fellow countryman) are pretty much spear carriers.

Intersting piece of trivia came up after Casey sealed the MotoGP title, he joins an exclusive little group of riders (only 5 actually) to have won their championships riding for different manufacturers.
When one looks at F1 the 'club' is rather sparse.
Several drivers have won for 2 makes (Graeme Hill, Nelson Piquet, Alain Prost, Senna and Schumacher) but none come close to Fangio, with Drivers Championships won driving for Alfa Romeo, Mercedes Benz, Ferrari and Maserati.

Now that is true 'Greatness'.
:applause:
And as for Raikkonen at Williams, maybe he just wants a seat, but I really doubt he'd fit the boring and stuffy 'Williams Profile'.
A coming team like 'Farce India' would do well to snap Kimi up, even the 'Brown/Mercedes' outfit would be well advised to replace 'Micky the Schu' with the 'Flying Finn Mk.2'.
But Williams?
If ever a team needed to sell up they are the perfect example.

demorier
November 1st, 2011, 17:46
That's a interesting little exercise Wing. Be interesting to see what it would look like with a team/manufacturer figured into it as well. Look what happened with Button a couple of seasons ago when he joined a new team that just worked out VERY good, at least for the first two thirds of the season and delivered a championship.

Wing_Z
November 1st, 2011, 21:17
Wing_Z,
Interesting exercise but it proves that numbers mean SFA.
Vettel a 'Great'???
Not as long as my butt points downward!!

Haha keep up the yoga!
The numbers don't lie: I think in years to come this boy will make his way into the Top5 all-time greats.
He is a precision machine, and a product of the IT age.
Just as Schumacher was on a level above, so this one is too.
And it's not just his qualifying prowess; he can also mix it.
I made up my mind about that when he took the lead from Alonso (whom I also rate tops), with 2 wheels on the grass, at Spa.

That's a interesting little exercise Wing. Be interesting to see what it would look like with a team/manufacturer figured into it...Yeah, I suspect one would have to add something in for the "Newey Factor" as well!

wombat666
November 2nd, 2011, 01:15
Numbers ............. lies, lies and damn statistics.
Vettel may be a "precision machine, and a product of the IT age" but he's about as entertaining as a CAD Lathe turning out widgets.
:173go1:

Wing_Z
November 2nd, 2011, 11:52
Heh... funny, that little raised index finger at the end of qualifying, at the end of the race, just about at the end of everything... used to irritate me, now it's more of a trademark!

Looking again at my list, it should be blindingly obvious:
In the medium term, the only person who can take it to Vettel, is... Lewis Hamilton.
He's only 26 after all, and if he can get his head together next year, well...

Ferry_vO
November 2nd, 2011, 12:57
but none come close to Fangio, with Drivers Championships won driving for Alfa Romeo, Mercedes Benz, Ferrari and Maserati.

Now that is true 'Greatness'.

Yes, the good old days where anyone (Or any team) with enough money could simply buy the best car available.

Of course Fangio was a great driver, but he always had the best car around.

As for stopping Vettel? Maybe Button if McLaren can deliver a better car during the winter. Hamilton seems to demand too much from the tires with his agressive style unlike Button (Who is also a lot more stable in his head!). Perhaps Alonso can win a few next year, but Ferrari doesn't seem to be the team anymore that is was in the 'Schumi years'. I don't expect Mercedes GP to win in 2012 unless Brawn comes up with another miracle car like the Brawn GP.

Panther_99FS
November 2nd, 2011, 15:40
Interesting stuff here Wing....:mixedsmi: