PDA

View Full Version : HUD (other than with Acceleration) in Planes

Dexdoggy
December 14th, 2008, 17:29
Sorry for what is possibly a dumb question! :redf:

Just wondering if it is possible to use a HUD for an aircraft (such as Piglet's Tucano) from another FSX plane? I don't have Acceleration, but I do have a freeware F-18 that works in SP2 that has a HUD.
Any advice on how to proceed if it is possible? Is this in the Aircraft config file?

jmig
December 14th, 2008, 17:45
Sorry for what is possibly a dumb question! :redf:

Just wondering if it is possible to use a HUD for an aircraft (such as Piglet's Tucano) from another FSX plane? I don't have Acceleration, but I do have a freeware F-18 that works in SP2 that has a HUD.
Any advice on how to proceed if it is possible? Is this in the Aircraft config file?

To use it in the VC, it must be modled into the cockpit. You could add it to a 2D panel. However, I don't think you can add it to a VC without the graphic already there?

Smudge
December 14th, 2008, 17:59
You're correct there John.

To add a HUD to another aircraft, the designer would normally make a provision for that in the 3D model, normally by adding a simple square or rectangular polygon to apply the HUD gauge to.

Unfortunately without that polygon in place, you can't add a HUD to the 3D model.

The 2D cockpit however is another story and a HUD gauge can be added with ease to the aircraft with a program like FS Panel Studio.

If you want a HUD on the plane, it might be worth a PM to Tim (Piglet).. :) Rule of thumb with designers is that 'if you don't ask, you don't know...' lol

(Funnily enough, that applies to most of the flightsim developers... If I didn't ask everyone how to do things, I sure as heck would be even more dense than I already am! lol. ) :costumes:

Mr.Mugel
December 15th, 2008, 06:33
As the Tucano is allready equipped with a HUD, which just isnīt included with default FS, you can replace the gauge by another one, the surface is allready in the model. I added one myself, quite simple, I replaced the gauge00 line in the VCockpit01 section with the following line:
gauge00=HUDHornet!HUDHornet_Tom, 309,19,150,150,4 It works, but sometimes makes funny things, and I donīt exactly know from which aircraft/panel I got the gauge... Maybe you can find a better gauge for this case and put it in yourself, or someone may post another gauge edit, I know others did it, too...