PDA

View Full Version : The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Ide\IdePort1.

Roger
October 30th, 2011, 15:20
I am getting a continuous stream of these errors in the event viewer. I have done a complete check disk but these error messages persist. I have my drives as sata in all cases but run them in IDE mode. Any thoughts as I'm stumped?

Bjoern
October 31st, 2011, 05:22
Google says that this error is not the most uncommon one.

Do a search for the error message and read the results for a bit. Some tips among the results might be useful.

roger-wilco-66
October 31st, 2011, 05:26
Roger,

did you enable the s.m.a.r.t. feature for your disks in the bios? If a hdd has a problem, the smart-log might give a hint here.

Cheers,
Mark

Roger
October 31st, 2011, 05:30
Thanks guys,
I'll take another look tonight. I Googled the problem but struggled to mfind a relevant answer.

flaviossa
October 31st, 2011, 07:29
I had the same error a while ago (Exactly that message in windows log) and for my surprise it was a failure in the sata ports (Discovered by testing in the shop). Nothing to do about that, i returned the mobo to the manufacturer because it was inside warranty time and got a new one. The manufacturer is Intel and the mobo is Intel DP67BG.
So my adivise is to do some testing in the sata ports. :salute:

mal998
October 31st, 2011, 09:02
You might need to re-install the drivers that came with the motherboard.

Roger
November 1st, 2011, 11:36
Thanks again for the suggestions:ernae:

I ran Seagate tools on both hds and my F drive failed! This was the port that was throwing up the message. I have 2 SATA ports free so I swapped the F drive to one of the spare ports and........... success!! Both drives passed.....phew.