PDA

View Full Version : Too Funny - Kyle's Left Front Goes Down Pit Road Without The Car!

EasyEd
October 30th, 2011, 13:37
Hey All,

What a crazy race - we'll see who wins!

-Ed-

wombat666
October 30th, 2011, 23:19
Martinsville??
Well, it wasn't as acheingly boring as the F1 'Race' in India. (I refuse to acknowledge an 'Indian Grand Prix'.)
It did illustrate high levels of bloodyminded driver behaviour.
NASCAR seems to be the only Level One National series where waiting for another driver to come round and then punt said opponent into the wall is sanctioned!!
Despite my dislike of Stewart he certainly pulled a good one at the end.
IIRC there were what, 18 yellows and around 85 'safety car' laps?
I really hate those dinky little ovals with 40 something cars starting, it is like a knife fight in a phone booth but using cavalry sabres instead of knives.
:kilroy:

stansdds
October 31st, 2011, 02:02
That's the beauty of the short tracks, it is a knife fight in a phone booth. You must remember, NASCAR started as liquor bootleggers racing each other and retaliation is part of the game. This is part of the history of NASCAR and sets NASCAR apart from other forms of motor racing. NASCAR tried restrictive rules that eliminated such roughness and the fans voted on it with their wallets.

Cazzie
October 31st, 2011, 06:30
It was cold and it was mayhem! Loved every moment of it, even the outcome. I hope Smoke wins the Chase for the Chump. EasyEd, I didn't shake the chikin at the #48 all day, I just didn't want him to win. But I shook it enough to no avail at that damn Harvprick.

Natch, I wanted Denny to take the checkers, but it was just not to be. Cuzzin' Carl is pleased with his 10th place finish on a miserable day at a track he never does well at. I bet there was not one car on that track without donuts or wall scraps on their cars, most had more than that! Burton looked good at the end, but his lack of aggression shows at Martinsville. You have to grabs the bull by the horns at this little paperclip when push comes to shove. Smoke did that yesterday at the end, what a magnificent race. There is nothing in NASCAR that can beat short track racing, when they take the short tracks away, I go with them. Short tracks are not crew chief tracks and fuel guessing games, they belong to the drivers! :applause:

Now, I have to pay the price for the fun yesterday. Lots of house work and run around chores to do. I'm taking a break waiting for clothes to get out of the dryer, with yet another load in the wash. Then it's into town for some groceries and dumping recyclables.

But that's the best race I've seen live in quite a while, you go Smoke.

Caz

Edit: BTW Wombat, all those caution laps give one time to pee and get a couple of those outstanding Martinsville hot dogs, cheapest food in pro sports at $2.00 per. Trust me mate, if you grew up in this area like me and that was the roots racing you remember as a boy, short tracks are the kingpin for mayhem, that's what we rednecks love.

Panther_99FS
October 31st, 2011, 11:40
It was great seeing "Smoke" win again - though I was hoping it was going to be Gordon instead....:mixedsmi: