PDA

View Full Version : 2011 World Series Champ Cardinals

pilottj
October 28th, 2011, 19:49
Congradulations to the 2011 Champion St Louis Cardinals. They never gave up and played a helluva series. :icon29::icon29: Hats off to the Rangers too. I can sympathize with the Ranger fan's pain...much like the 2002 Giants painful loss. Look foward to the 2012 season.

Cazzie
October 28th, 2011, 19:59
Those miraculous Cardinals, my favorite team since 1954. What a game last night, best series game I have seen since the 1975 6th game between the Redlegs and the Red Sox. Who gets your vote for MVP? Mine goes to David Freese, who I had the pleasure of seeing play his rookie year in 2009 for Johnson City (TN) in the Appalachian League, Saw Allen Craig play for JC also. Both team's shortstops, Rafael Furcal and Elvis Andrews, started their professional careers right here in Danville for the Braves organization.

It was an offensive World Series, only one game, that being Derek Holland's two-hitter, being a pitcher's game. Carp was brilliant tonight after that tough 1st inning, however.

Go Cards, my team, glad I am not at a bat, I would not see home until daylight! :icon_lol:

Caz

pilottj
October 28th, 2011, 20:12
Yeah I would probably have to go with Freese as WS MVP too. He was outstanding and made the plays when it counted. Do you think they will try to keep Pujols? I hope either they keep him or the Giants can get him...keeping him out of the hands of the Dodgers:icon_lol: His 3 homer game was quite amazing too. My mother's cousin lives in Richmond, he sent me a Richmond Flying Squirrels shirt lol...they are a farm team for the Giants.

Definately a hitter's world series, interesting contrast to last year's pitchers series.

av8erjm
October 29th, 2011, 07:26
Hurray to the DA' BOIDES, if the Rangers had been playing anyone else, I'd have rooted for them, but not against the Cardinals