PDA

View Full Version : My fairly extensive guide on crafting videos

CodyValkyrie
October 25th, 2011, 14:42
I created this from a post I made years ago concerning machinima in general. It has been altered and geared primarily for Flight Simulator.

http://jaggyroadfilms.blogspot.com/2011/10/how-to-make-videos.html (http://jaggyroadfilms.blogspot.com/2011/10/how-to-make-videos.html)

Bjoern
October 25th, 2011, 15:39
Nice. Might come in handy in the future.

I'd include Wheelcam (Avsim: wheelcam_2_7_setup.zip) in the "Camera Software" paragraph, since it's free and provides more possibilities than FSX's standard cameras. Nothing too fancy, like EzDok or W'n'F though.

CodyValkyrie
October 25th, 2011, 15:50
Nice. Might come in handy in the future.

I'd include Wheelcam (Avsim: wheelcam_2_7_setup.zip) in the "Camera Software" paragraph, since it's free and provides more possibilities than FSX's standard cameras. Nothing too fancy, like EzDok or W'n'F though.

I'll add it, however I know nothing about it. Cheers and thanks! I hope this guide provides some usefulness in the future.

mjahn
October 25th, 2011, 23:02
Excellent tips, many thanks.

I think you forgot to mention that Neusinger's FSRecorder now has the ability to save as .wmv and is, unbelievable as it may sound,

- unlimited in format size,

- stutter-free,

- any frame rate OK.

These are sensational features for a video maker I think, the one thing it cannot capture is sound, but that's dubbed in later anyway, most of the time.

roger-wilco-66
October 26th, 2011, 01:29
Excellent tips, many thanks.

I think you forgot to mention that Neusinger's FSRecorder now has the ability to save as .wmv and is, unbelievable as it may sound,

- unlimited in format size,

- stutter-free,

- any frame rate OK.

These are sensational features for a video maker I think, the one thing it cannot capture is sound, but that's dubbed in later anyway, most of the time.

Wow didn't know that. Thanks for the head-up, also to CV, for the tutorial!

Cheers,
Mark

crashaz
October 26th, 2011, 10:22
Sweet going to have to check this out!! Thanks Cody!! :wavey:

Roger
October 26th, 2011, 10:57
Thanks Cody,
I'd like to put this in our FsX tweaks forum as a sticky after it's run it's course in this forum, if that's ok with you. I think it is invaluable for those hoping to make an FsX video:applause:

CodyValkyrie
October 26th, 2011, 10:59
Thanks Cody,
I'd like to put this in our FsX tweaks forum as a sticky after it's run it's course in this forum, if that's ok with you. I think it is invaluable for those hoping to make an FsX video:applause:

Sure, and thanks! I'm going to update this as people bring up some other points. Cheers. I hope I help a few people.

Roger
October 26th, 2011, 11:03
Great,
Let me know when you've updated it so I don't move it too soon. It's really sick:ernae: (inside joke between Cody and me), lol.

CodyValkyrie
October 26th, 2011, 11:06
It's really sick:ernae: (inside joke between Cody and me), lol.

ROFL! Will do mate. I'll probably update the blog this evening.

kludger
October 26th, 2011, 13:38
Great guide, bookmarked, thanks!