PDA

View Full Version : Who said Connies go slow!!!

dharris
October 23rd, 2011, 12:47
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsY4G-NS0Hc&feature=email

Gibbage
October 23rd, 2011, 13:08
OK. That... Was... AMAZING! It reminds me of one model aircraft airshow I went to at MCAS Tustin. The runway was too small for fixed wing, so they just had model aircraft (It was a blimp/helo base). I was on the runway checking out some of the aircraft, when I heard something behind me. I turn just in time to see a P-51 ROARING down the runway!!! I hit the deck hard as it buzzed me no more then 10-15 feet off the deck! Wow! It seemed Chino Planes of Fame sent down a few friends to do a fly-by! I will remember that moment the rest of my life!

robcap
October 24th, 2011, 09:06
nice to see a bit of fun there ;-)

AndyG43
October 24th, 2011, 09:29
nice to see a bit of fun there ;-)

Maybe. All I was thinking as I watched it was if that was at a UK airshow the CAA would tear him a new one!!

warchild
October 24th, 2011, 09:41
heh, Quincy Illinois: 1995. The Midwest has been the home of barn storming since just after world war one, and that I would say definitely counts as some kinda storming..
Not sure what the FAA rules were back then, but it would have been wonderful to be there regardless and Kudo's to the pilot that did it..
Pam

robcap
October 24th, 2011, 10:30
Maybe. All I was thinking as I watched it was if that was at a UK airshow the CAA would tear him a new one!!I was thinking that too, but he had fun anyway.

dharris
October 24th, 2011, 11:58
When I was stationed over at Barbers Point Hawaii, I had to pull wheels watch occasionally, and we had this little shack on the beach at the end of the runway, and if we saw the gear was not down and locked we were to call the tower. The Navy pilots, being a little, shall we saw, light hearted, would buss us as low as they dared. It was quite a sight to watch one of our wv-2's that normally lumber along, when they were that low, realllllyyyy moved fast and of course the noise was as exciting as it gets. They did have to stop the practice when one unfortunate pilot, ran his nose gear along the roof line, would have loved to have seen that! Bet the guy on watch had to go back to the barracks to change his shorts.

Ian Warren
October 24th, 2011, 14:14
Gidday Don , long time :wavey: Fast alright , guess there would be a bit of frowning by the FAA boys after recent airshow mishaps

dharris
October 24th, 2011, 17:38
Hey mate, good to hear from you, the faa still has to catch you, and you just denie everything, works for our politicians all the time!!