PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions

Worthless
October 22nd, 2011, 21:03
1) Do wingman always attack a target aircraft from behind? Example: I sic my number 2 on a Betty Bomber. He rides right up her tail and gets his silly head blasted off.

2) Is it possible to set up infrastructure to spawn. Example: One of Sully's PSK oilslicks with rafts and debris. I'd like to see rafts and debris appear when a ship sinks. It'll work if the object to spawn is a moving object. I just can't get stationary infrastructure to show up in the EVENT "Action" box, and the problem with moving objects is that even when set to "0" speed, they still chug right off down the road.

Am I just asking too much of CFS2?

tonybones2112
October 23rd, 2011, 01:01
1) Do wingman always attack a target aircraft from behind? Example: I sic my number 2 on a Betty Bomber. He rides right up her tail and gets his silly head blasted off. 2) Is it possible to set up infrastructure to spawn. Example: One of Sully's PSK oilslicks with rafts and debris. I'd like to see rafts and debris appear when a ship sinks. It'll work if the object to spawn is a moving object. I just can't get stationary infrastructure to show up in the EVENT "Action" box, and the problem with moving objects is that even when set to "0" speed, they still chug right off down the road. Am I just asking too much of CFS2? Worthless, I can't help you on #2, but there is a widely-advertised mod here at SOH on making the Betty rear gunners more realistic. The Betty tail-stinger was a 20mm, but the gunners were originally written as being a tad too effective. Tony Bones

Shadow Wolf 07
October 23rd, 2011, 02:41
I don't believe you can spawn stationary infrastructure, only moving objects. There is a usefull oil and debris mod by Nanni: http://web.tiscali.it/Nanni/CFS/ .

Worthless
October 23rd, 2011, 12:17
Ok, SW. I didn't think you could, but was just checking. Sully's Oilslicks and rafts look great, but not as moving scenery. I'm aware of Nanni's stuff but it's been awhile since looked at it. Thanks, I'll give his add-ons a try.

Ok, TB......on the rear gunner. I can fix him so he isn't such a good shot. I was just wondering if anyone knew a way to get an AI to attack anywhere besides 6 o'clock. I works fine when he's chasing a fighter, but anything that shoots from the rear and my AI is toast.

Thanks for the reply guys.

Devildog73
October 24th, 2011, 05:29
I've written a few missions and I have yet to see any AI attack from a deflection angle. When you remember this, it gives you the advantage on all enemy aircraft you engage. Tell your wingmen to stay in formation with you and begin your attack. They will keep enemy fighters off your 6. The biggest mistake we all make is to target an enemy and then tell our wingmen to attack that one, or attack any enemy in sight. Keep them with you. They will then engage those enemy seeking you out.

Worthless
October 24th, 2011, 06:26
I've written a few missions and I have yet to see any AI attack from a deflection angle. When you remember this, it gives you the advantage on all enemy aircraft you engage. Tell your wingmen to stay in formation with you and begin your attack. They will keep enemy fighters off your 6. The biggest mistake we all make is to target an enemy and then tell our wingmen to attack that one, or attack any enemy in sight. Keep them with you. They will then engage those enemy seeking you out.

I'm shaking my head in wonder. That never occurred to me. Thanks DD, I'll give it a try.