PDA

View Full Version : Another Question for the CFS2 Gurus

October 21st, 2011, 23:05
Hi Everybody,
I have what I hope is a reasonably simple question .

I'm flying along near the Finnish Coast in A.F. Scrub's Seversky P-35A and my wife decided there were more important things to do than play Flight Sim.
I closed it down , did some of my chores and went back about an hour later . Fired up the Sim and didn't really take any notice until about five minutes later that I noticed I was flying the U.S. Version of the Seversky P-35A .

My question is how do I delete the U.S. Version without messing the whole thing up?
If I delete the US texture the name remains but the aircraft doesn't show.
I want to remove the name and the aircraft entirely (U.S Version Only).

Then when I go to my CFS2 Pacific install ,I want to remove the Swedish Seversky P-35A and leave only the U.S Version for flying .

Can this be done ?

And if so how ?

Thanks in advance for all the help all of you fine folks have given me over the years .
Regards and Best Wishes

Ian Astill
October 22nd, 2011, 02:17
If you go into aircraft.cfg (located in your aircraft folder) right at the top you should see something like this:

[fltsim.0]
title=Seversky P35a US
sim=Seversky P35a
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=US
checklists=

[fltsim.1]
title=Seversky P35a Swedish
sim=Seversky P35a
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=Swedish
checklists=

You need to remove the entry that you don't want. And make sure that the one entry that remains is under [fltsim.0]

It won't look exactly like mine as I don't have that aircraft

Shessi
October 22nd, 2011, 02:30
Hi 1150,
Well there are several ways of doing this. One simple way would be to do below;

See pic 1 where your ac's 'aircraft.cfg' file is in the main file.

In pic 2 this is how this ac's cfg file looks, (this is Dave Garwood's Lanc with SC's skins). Although the same model ac is used, each has a different skin. Each one has a separate entry in the cfg file.

In pic 3 I have gotten rid of all the other skins except No.2 skin. This is done by placing double forward slashes in front of that skin's header entry, as arrowed in red.

To make the skin you want the default one you must make sure that ac's entry is [fltsim.0], if not already, change the entry of the ac skin you want to this, as circled in red.

Don't forget to save after editing!....:icon_lol:

The great thing about this is if you want to change it back, just reverse what you did. This way you don't have to remove anything.

Cheers Shessi

October 22nd, 2011, 23:27
To Ian Astill & Shessi,

Thanks to both of you.

I used Ian Astill's fix for one aircraft and Shessi's fix for the other aircraft.

Both worked Beautifully- Thanks to both of you.

Another problem solved.

Thank you both again !!!!

Regards& Best Wishes
1150:salute:

Shessi
October 23rd, 2011, 02:42
Most welcome!

Cheers

Shessi