October 21st, 2011, 14:46
Akagi at Midway

HouseHobbit
October 21st, 2011, 21:52
OUCH!! love a big bang..
Too Cool..

Talon
October 23rd, 2011, 14:49
Looks like not much interest in a Battle of Midway mission set.

It is a historicl missiom set of 18 missions. The first 10 are operations from Midway which include awaech missions and attack on the IJN invasion fleet and their carriers plus defending Midway, The other 8 are from the USN carriers.

These will be fo the Rising Sun addon after it is released.

If you are interested speakup,if not be silent.

Talon

gosd
October 23rd, 2011, 15:21
On the contrary afther reading all of the stuff on upcomming mission set I for one am very interested in this set especialy comming from you,your work is one of a "true master" quoting Hobbit.:jump::wiggle::applause:

HouseHobbit
October 23rd, 2011, 15:43
Wonderful!! Bravo!!
Looking forward to these..
Just love wrecking things..:icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Thanks Talon..A Master at work..

:salute: :salute: :salute:

rcafmad
October 23rd, 2011, 18:45
Thank You. I am really looking forward to seeing that Mission Set!

Emile
October 23rd, 2011, 20:24
Hello,
I am waiting

Daiwilletti
October 23rd, 2011, 22:52

Talon
Rest assured, my dear fellow, there is considerable interest. Down Under we have a holiday which means things are a bit quiet in the South pacific anyway. don't know about the rest of the globe :icon_lol:

(But a certain Rugby World cup was won last night!! :icon29::icon29:)

The Rising Sun addon will I'm sure slowly but surely gain momentum and your missions are a valued part of it all.

Led Zeppelin
October 24th, 2011, 00:16
a historical mission set for Midway battle would be much appreciated!

KellyB
October 24th, 2011, 05:08

It is a historicl missiom set of 18 missions. The first 10 are operations from Midway which include awaech missions and attack on the IJN invasion fleet and their carriers plus defending Midway, The other 8 are from the USN carriers.

These will be fo the Rising Sun addon after it is released.

Talon

Shout, shout, shout!!!

Midway missions would be great! I for one would very much appreciate being able to take out Kagi.

So, please do continue with them, they'd be a great addition.

italflyer
October 24th, 2011, 06:30
Definitively interested in these missions!

Animal
October 25th, 2011, 14:01
:icon_lol: Are you kidding? Does King Kong have kahunnas? I'd love to have a midway mission set. Buy the way, nice to hear from you Talon.

gaw
October 26th, 2011, 04:25
go Talon go!!!

popsaka
October 26th, 2011, 06:30
...sly fellow -with cool screenie and great idea... (more screenies please) :icon29:

Talon
October 26th, 2011, 14:59
Remember these will be Historical missions.Some them your chances of surviving are very slim. I flown one mission 6 times and got to drop my torpedo once.and never made it back to base. This attack was from Midway.I haven't even started the USN Carrier missions yet.5 more mission from Midway before them.

Talon

KellyB
October 26th, 2011, 15:30
That's how it was at Midway. Having the missions reflect historical reality is a good thing.

I will look forward to them, and have to fly them repeatedly, just to enhance my chances!

By the way, is your avatar a pic of your boat?

Talon
October 27th, 2011, 10:53
By the way, is your avatar a pic of your boat?

Yes that is my boat Kelly.

4xB-26's attack,1 makes it back to base.

KellyB
October 27th, 2011, 13:15
One fine looking vessel, sir. Looks quite capable.

Just finished winterizing, sigh.

Led Zeppelin
October 28th, 2011, 00:08
Talon, I think there is a historical discrepancy in your screen shot: from what I see, it is a RAF pilot in the B26!! :icon_lol::jump:

Led Zeppelin
October 28th, 2011, 09:52
Rising Sun add on will focus on the early stages on the Pacific War so I started to read documentation about it because this period is rather unknown to me. Firstly, I focused on the Solomon invasion in early 1942 because this area is available in PTO.
I've build a serie of 4 missions depicting the invasion of Tulagi island and especially the events of may 4th 1942.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_Tulagi_(May_1942)

If some of you are interested, I can release this little pack.

HouseHobbit
October 28th, 2011, 09:59
Yes very interested..
Bravo Led!!!

HouseHobbit
October 28th, 2011, 09:59
Thanks Talon for this..
BRAVO!!

Talon
October 28th, 2011, 10:38
Rising Sun add on will focus on the early stages on the Pacific War so I started to read documentation about it because this period is rather unknown to me. Firstly, I focused on the Solomon invasion in early 1942 because this area is available in PTO.
I've build a serie of 4 missions depicting the invasion of Tulagi island and especially the events of may 4th 1942.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_Tulagi_(May_1942)

If some of you are interested, I can release this little pack.

You doing these from the Japanese side? I did some missions from the USN side years ago ( Yorktown attacks ) but they need to be updated.

Talon

Led Zeppelin
October 28th, 2011, 12:04
Both sides.
I don't use the SBD because there is no skin with the red roundel available, only the TBD.

2 TBD's missions. 1st wave (ships are at anchor) and second wave (ships are moving).

1 Wildcat (2nd wave, no Wildcats in the 1st wave from what I've read). Player has to engage enemy aircrafts and strafe a destroyer (the destroyer is the mission goal).

1 Rufe (intercept 2nd wave). Well, this aircraft was not existing at that time and it seems that only 6 Mitsubishi F1M2 "Pete" were available at Tulagi. But, the "Pete" is not available in CFS 3 of course and will never be and the Rufe is the only one available, this one is a great addition to PTO.

The historical source I have for this one is wikipedia only.

If you want to have a look at these missions and/or release your missions and my missions in a single package, just PM me your e-mail.

Led Zeppelin
October 28th, 2011, 12:39
ok, just found some good links with interesting informations such as loadouts, coordinates of TF 17 at the time of Tulagi attack, wheather condition, among other details.

I'll slightly revised the missions.

Talon
October 28th, 2011, 14:20
Both sides.
I don't use the SBD because there is no skin with the red roundel available, only the TBD.

2 TBD's missions. 1st wave (ships are at anchor) and second wave (ships are moving).

1 Wildcat (2nd wave, no Wildcats in the 1st wave from what I've read). Player has to engage enemy aircrafts and strafe a destroyer (the destroyer is the mission goal).

1 Rufe (intercept 2nd wave). Well, this aircraft was not existing at that time and it seems that only 6 Mitsubishi F1M2 "Pete" were available at Tulagi. But, the "Pete" is not available in CFS 3 of course and will never be and the Rufe is the only one available, this one is a great addition to PTO.

The historical source I have for this one is wikipedia only.

If you want to have a look at these missions and/or release your missions and my missions in a single package, just PM me your e-mail.

My missions were released in 2007 in the USN Crrier War. It's 42 missions and covers the attack on Tulagi,Coral Sea and the invasion of Guadacanal.It's in the archives under my name. Alot of new things have come out since then so an upgrade is needed.

Talon

Led Zeppelin
October 28th, 2011, 23:57
ok! I found the file "pto_carriermissions.zip", it was in my 'missions to be tested' folder. As I usually prefer flyong MAW and ETO, I don't start quite often PTO.

So, I'll have a try at them! :wavey:

Talon
November 5th, 2011, 14:33
I have just finished and tested the Devastator attack on the Japanese carriers. Chance of survival, slim.

Next will be the Avengers from Midway ( actually part of Hornets VT-8 )

After that will be the Dauntless attacks- 2 by Enterprise on Kaga and Akagi and 1 by Yorktown on Soryu.

I even have the correct bomb loads for the planes,not all carried 1000lb bombs.

Talon

Led Zeppelin
November 6th, 2011, 01:10
do you also have some from the Japanese side?

Capt. Winters
November 6th, 2011, 18:29
Both sides.

Hi LZ,

if you check on the rising sun ftp site, we now have both a Yorktown and Enterprise SBD from the period your looking at (red centred roundel on both).

regards Rob.

Led Zeppelin
November 7th, 2011, 11:51
2dLt David D. Kliewer, VMF-211.
Wake Island, december 12nd 1941.