PDA

View Full Version : RAZBAM Help Needed

falcon409
October 21st, 2011, 04:12
I have held off posting this here, hoping that someone from Razbam would correct the issue I had, but to no avail.

On September 28th. I purchased two products from Razbam as part of their $5.00 Special, the F2H Banshee and the F2H Banshee Expansion Pack for FS9 and FSX. I was glad to do it if the money was going to help Ron in some small way. So I installed the Banshee and I'm very happy with the airplane. I tried to unzip the Expansion Pack and found that there are two(2) separate installers inside, one for an FS9 Expansion Pack and one for an FSX "Promo Pack". The expansion pack unzip perfectly, however the promo pack did not, constantly giving me "CRC errors" and one other error I don't recall now. Thinking maybe there was a problem in the download I went back to my account and did a second download. . .same results. For a third time I went back and tried again to get a good download, but the same results once again.

I went through the Razbam support page and sent my information and the problem via their support page. Nothing. I posted the problem in the RAZBAM thread here that advertised the SALE and Larry PM'ed me and asked me to send him the invoice number and what the problem was and he would correct it. I did that via the e-mail addy he gave me and I waited. Three days later I had heard nothing from Larry so I PM'ed him here in the forums and he answered, telling me that he couldn't help me until I sent him the info he requested. I copied the e-mail I had already sent him and pasted that into my return PM along with some additional info. That's the last I heard from Larry.

I went back to Razbam's support page about a week ago and again posted my information and again requested some assistance in getting the problem fixed. As of today I have gotten no assistance from either Ron or Larry. I consider Ron at least to be an honest individual and so I'm baffled by the lack of any assistance whatsoever on this issue. My request to both of them was as follows:

I purchased the "Expansion Pack" because it was titled "for FS9 and FSX". Once unzipped I found that the expansion pack was only for FS9 and there was a "Promo Pack" for FSX. What is contained in the "Promo Pack"? If it's basically the same thing as the base model Banshee that I already purchased, then I don't really need it. If, however it contains some additional add-ons to the basic Banshee, then I would like to get the problem fixed, so it will unzip and I can install it. If it's something I already have by virtue of the Basic Banshee, then please keep the $5.00, it's a small amount and if it will help Ron in some way I'm happy to forego a refund.

That's it. . . .but still nothing in the way of any assistance whatsoever. So I have posted it here despite the fact that I have sent more than enough info to Razbam, all of which seems to have either gotten lost or simply ignored. I would appreciate it if someone from Razbam looked into this matter, found a solution and passed that on to me. Thank you.

Prowler1111
October 21st, 2011, 04:47
Hi Falcon.
No it has not been ignored, OS commerce system has been a b**ch lately and some of the support emails pass others dont or end up in the junk mail box, thatīs why we suggest you post either on our support forums or our facebook group.But that shouldnt be an excuse.
The problem is a bad .rar we moved it into a .zip, please pm me your email address so i can send you a "yousendit" with the correct compressed file.
Best regards
Prowler

RCAF_Gunner
October 21st, 2011, 08:35
Ron,

Just in case there's any thought that Falcon's issue is an isolated one, let me add that I have exactly the same issue with the Banshee Expansion pack and the same lack of support despite taking every standard approach I can think of. In addition to posting email to both the Razbam support address and to the store's contact address, I posted several messages in your Facebook forum in the thread about the Banshee Expansion Pack CRC errors. I have been waiting for some assistance since purchasing the package on September 22nd. The only response I received was from Larry on the Facebook forum on Oct. 14th basically saying "Oh, I thought your problem was solved... what did you need". I posted the information again and have heard nothing more since.

The thing is, I purchased these items to help you out given the original post about the sale regarding the need to raise some funds by the end of this month. I would not have purchased the packages otherwise and, except for the original Banshee package which I purchase from you a long, long time ago, I don't even have them installed. I'm only out $5 so that's not what's got me miffed. What does, is I see lots of activity by Razbam here and on FB while legitimate customer support issues appear to be ignored. It feels like since we only paid $5 for the package the company feels no sense of urgency to resolve any related issues.

So, like Falcon, I have held off on being rather blunt about the issue but think now's the time to speak up. If your online store isn't working properly and your support system is not working, how are your customers to have any faith when it comes to future purchases?

Rick

Bone
October 21st, 2011, 08:49
I had the same issue with the Promo Banshee pack...at least I think it was the same. The FSX portion of the RAR file was bad, although the FS9 portion was OK. A new RAR file was put up after I and others squawked it on Facebook, however, the ability to drop bombs isn't there. I mentioned the bomb thing a number of times before I got a response from Ron's brother, and evidently it's because of missing "saved" flights from the package. I did ask on the Razbam Facebook page the other day how the "saved" flight fix was coming along, but so far I've been ignored, except for Peter1223, he clicked "like" on it...thanks Peter, lol.

RCAF_Gunner
October 21st, 2011, 08:58
I had the same issue with the Promo Banshee pack...at least I think it was the same. The FSX portion of the RAR file was bad, although the FS9 portion was OK. A new RAR file was put up after I and others squawked it on Facebook, however, the ability to drop bombs isn't there. I mentioned the bomb thing a number of times before I got a response from Ron's brother, and evidently it's because of missing "saved" flights from the package. I did ask on the Razbam Facebook page the other day how the "saved" flight fix was coming along, but so far I've been ignored, except for Peter1223, he clicked "like" on it...thanks Peter, lol.

Yes, it's the FSX package (the only part I would use) within the rar file that will not unpack. All my downloads were done *after* the "fix" was announced on FB. I included that information in my posts and emails.

peter12213
October 21st, 2011, 12:00

Haha no problem bud, I'm waiting for it too, think it's all hands to the pumps with regards to the T2, no doubt we will hear somthing soon enough, at least I hope so!

DagR
October 21st, 2011, 12:25
Facebook is not something everyone uses and in my honest opinion, a support forum should not be run through there. Not everyone wishes to sign in for a facebook account and facebook itself is pretty confusing at times. They change user interface on an irregular basis and this creates a mess in many circumstances. This is my opinion on running support through facebook. I prefer the old fashioned forum, a simple forum that I can navigate that is :-)

RCAF_Gunner
October 21st, 2011, 12:38
Ron,

Thank you for sending me a link for the FSX portion I couldn't extract from the Banshee Expansion / Promo package.

Cheers,
Rick

falcon409
October 21st, 2011, 16:36
Facebook is not something everyone uses and in my honest opinion, a support forum should not be run through there. Not everyone wishes to sign in for a facebook account and facebook itself is pretty confusing at times. They change user interface on an irregular basis and this creates a mess in many circumstances. This is my opinion on running support through facebook. I prefer the old fashioned forum, a simple forum that I can navigate that is :-)
Yea, I agree Dag. I know Facebook is all the rage, but as you say, it can be very confusing since they don't seem to be able to leave well enough alone. I have attempted to carry on a support conversation with several developers and it's a nightmare. Get the web site Support working and stick with it, Facebook is not the place for support.

Lateral-G
October 21st, 2011, 16:53
I'm one of the minority that does not use facebook and have no desire to..........

N2056
October 21st, 2011, 17:03
Right there with you! :salute:

AndyG43
October 21st, 2011, 17:08
Hi Falcon.
No it has not been ignored, OS commerce system has been a b**ch lately and some of the support emails pass others dont or end up in the junk mail box, thatīs why we suggest you post either on our support forums or our facebook group.But that shouldnt be an excuse.
The problem is a bad .rar we moved it into a .zip, please pm me your email address so i can send you a "yousendit" with the correct compressed file.
Best regards
Prowler

I was one of the peiple who did flag this on Facebook and, after a slight hiccough ( I think Larry misunderstood what the actual problem was) the download issue was sorted swiftly & efficiently; actual real time support, Larry fixed it, I downloaded it again & confirmed it was ok - whole thing took about 30 minutes, pretty painless really.

So, from me, a big thanks to Ron & Larry for the support & the wonderful products. :applause: :icon29::icon29:

HighGround22
October 21st, 2011, 17:09
Apropos Facebook: And the same with me. Don't see any advantage to it.

Prowler1111
October 21st, 2011, 17:38
Actually..itīs a 2 lanes highway..some do like to use facebook and couldnt care less about a support forum and some do the exact opposite. Support is given in both ways, BUT in facebook you can actually chat with us.Itīs silly since at our support forum we canīt pass the 12 registered users at the same time since we opened it and at facebook we got more than 50, at the same time each day..and NO, they are not somewhere else, they are at our facebook groupīs page.Some go for a friendly chat and some ask questions directly and get answers the very same minute.I have post pics of our upcoming products at our forums with absolutely NO response for months or never, while at FB i do get responses in a 10 minute basis..even a "like".
So, we are keeping both options, we are NOT forcing you to go to our FB page for support, the same way we are not forcing no one to go to our support forums.BUT they are both for the same.Itīs a sign of times..i bet that when we release our smart phone app, some will complain as well..LOL LOL..

BTW, thanks all for your support, while iīm falling behind on $$ expected, itīs a HUGE help, thank you all.

Best regards

Prowler

olderndirt
October 21st, 2011, 18:15
And on the plus side. My A6 Intruder download didn't seem to be forthcoming but dealing with Larry produced a personal 'yousendit' file - excellent service.

modelr
October 21st, 2011, 19:26
Hmm, I got my Banshees back in Jan 2010, and everything seems to work fine. Was something changed since then??

Another Facebook non-user.