PDA

View Full Version : It's gonna be awhile...

Piglet
October 20th, 2011, 20:59
But hopefully worth it!
It will just give Pam more time to trick out the FM:icon_lol:5040650407

jeansy
October 20th, 2011, 21:25
LOVE IT...

DagR
October 20th, 2011, 21:53
WOW, looks excellent :-)

Roger
October 20th, 2011, 22:56
Definately worth it!:ernae:

huub vink
October 20th, 2011, 23:11
Looks very promising. I never realised the co-pilot could hardly see anything!

Cheers,
Huub

Daube
October 21st, 2011, 04:26
I have this feeling the wait is going to be painfull :)
Looks great Tim ! Very impressive as always.

flaviossa
October 21st, 2011, 04:42
Yes, very impressive! Thanks for that, mr.Piglet!

Ferry_vO
October 21st, 2011, 05:10
I'm sure it will be worth the wait; please keep teasing us with regular screenshots! :jump:

italoc
October 21st, 2011, 06:40
Tim, as usual your work is great, amazing quality, impressive details ......
but, for a dumb C152 flyer like me, what the hell is that ?????http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon28.gif

Italo

wiltzei
October 21st, 2011, 06:45
Is it the "Spruce" Goose?

Ferry_vO
October 21st, 2011, 06:56
but, for a dumb C152 flyer like me, what the hell is that ?????http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon28.gif

Northrop XB-35 Flying Wing.

:)

flaviossa
October 21st, 2011, 06:57
itīs the xb-35, correct?
Edit: ops, Ferry_vO answered first.

warchild
October 21st, 2011, 07:27
Gonna have a little present for you here in the next hour or so.
Paul and i had a meeting yesterday, and knowing the complexity of the P-61, realized the complexity of the XB-35 that Piglets dealing with. In a sense, we're grateful for it, because, even the tiny little bit of testing your gonna see soon, was never done on the real bird. Paul and i are developing in the completely unknown and undocumented. Now, for many, that would give opportunity for artistic license, but anyone who knows me and Paul, knows we dont have an artists license and dont believe in them when it comes to flight models. So the protractor's came out, the dividers came out, and my old book on trigonometry is getting dusted off so i can refresh what few brain cells i have left.. We're completely reconstructing the XB-35 from the ground up.
I've always said that everything an aircraft is and will do is sitting there staring back at you when you see it. Time to put my money where my mouth is in a way i've never even approached before, except on the P-61. The extra time, will be put to very good use.:)
Pam

warchild
October 21st, 2011, 08:09
Better make that three hours.. I'm having to recompile the video and its gonna take a little bit of time.. ( but at least its HD ) :)
Pam

Sundog
October 21st, 2011, 16:10
Considering how long we've waited for a good variant for FS, the wait will seem quite short. I can imagine that cockpit will take some time to model as it's a mess of a cockpit! Hell, it's the cockpit, bombardier station, nav and flight engineering all in one space. Those pics look excellent.

LordAkshay798
October 21st, 2011, 18:17
Hey guys, I know an avionics engineer that worked on the X-35 project and when I spoke to him, he was enthusiastic to lend his expertise to help this project. Pam or Piglet, would you like me to PM his e-mail address to you guys? (I have his permission to do so)

warchild
October 21st, 2011, 18:46
personally, any contact i can have with anyone that actually had their hands on an XB-35 would be beyond my wildest dreams. Although i personally do not deal with avionics, i'm quite certain there are other areas that just from talking i could learn about that would be extremely beneficial to what i'm doing in the flight model.
Pam