PDA

View Full Version : Airbus. Recommendations?

arrowmaker
December 14th, 2008, 06:44
I've been thinking recently about getting an Airbus package for use in FSX and was wondering what is out there. After a bit of googling the packages from CLS (A330 & A340) and Wilco (Airbus Series Volume 2) keep coming up. I was wondering if anyone had any experience of either, or even both, of these models and how they compare. Also I would value any other recommendations, both freeware and payware.

chinookmark
December 14th, 2008, 08:38
I found a freeware Airbus 340 package, full VC and sounds, on either Avsim or Flightsim. I think it was an Opensky model. Absolutely beautiful, but it was a framerate hog. It would drop down to 8-10 fps, when I can get 26 locked with the default 747. If you've got a really kickin' computer, I can try and find it again.

That's all the Airbus experience I can add. :redf:

IanP
December 14th, 2008, 09:03
I'm using the Wilco/FeelThere Airbus pack 1 - the A318-A321 and they're not brilliant, but are pretty good, now they've been patched. The A330/340 pack (pack 2) is apparently better than pack 1, but I don't have that to comment - I don't normally fly airliners long haul.

One major difference between your two examples is that the CLS has a very, very, limited flight management system, whereas the FT/Wilco pack has far more system depth. I have to keep an eye on descent speeds on the A318/19/2x pack, but overall they're pretty good.

Ian P.

CodyValkyrie
December 14th, 2008, 09:10
If you are willing to wait, the AirSimmer package will be the end all be all Airbus 320 sim. I had a chance to use it at FANCON and the thing was brilliant.

Pepere
December 14th, 2008, 09:36
Here is some:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=5848

David

jetstreamsky
December 14th, 2008, 10:57
Project Airbus A318, A319 and A320 using default A321 for VC cockpit are very nice if all you want is basic nav systems and a good visual and flying model. www.pairbus.com

On the other hand, if you want the full systems type deal then the Wilco package is good.

CodyValkyrie
December 14th, 2008, 11:09
oops! Forgot a link.

http://www.airsimmer.com

When I tested the software it seemed like it was nearly done. I can't imagine that they have too much left to accomplish.

arrowmaker
December 14th, 2008, 12:51
If you are willing to wait, the AirSimmer package will be the end all be all Airbus 320 sim. I had a chance to use it at FANCON and the thing was brilliant.

I looked at the screenies on the AirSimmer site and I have to say they look really tempting. As you say though it's a matter of waiting. But how long should one wait? If its a case of a month or two then it may be worth my while. Any longer and I may as well get the Wilco. So my current thinking is to wait until the end of January, to see how the project is going. If there are no confirmed dates given at that point then I'll get the Wilco. In the meantime, to tide myself over, I'm currently downloading a number of POSKY models to play with.

Kiwikat
December 14th, 2008, 13:13
The Airsimmer one is being released for FS9 first though according to their forums...:173go1::banghead: