PDA

View Full Version : Question

mal998
October 19th, 2011, 10:40
Hey all,
Who remembers the name of that little utility that helps identify the location of various parts of the aircraft, i.e. the tail hook

thanks in advance
mal

fsafranek
October 19th, 2011, 10:45
Was it Aircraft Container Manager?
:ernae:

DaveWG
October 19th, 2011, 10:48
Showmarkers?

mal998
October 19th, 2011, 11:04
Oh, oh, now I can't remember...I guess I'll have to check out both if I can find'em.

The one I was using has a bunch of little boxes that can be checked and then puts red lines on the screen at those coodinates.

I'm pretty sure it was Showmarkers, now i just have to find it on my computer.

thanks

warchild
October 19th, 2011, 11:11
meant in humor ( the airlines and mine ) i found this to be an incredible help to those learning their way around an airplane..

DaveWG
October 19th, 2011, 11:22
Oh, oh, now I can't remember...I guess I'll have to check out both if I can find'em.

The one I was using has a bunch of little boxes that can be checked and then puts red lines on the screen at those coodinates.

I'm pretty sure it was Showmarkers, now i just have to find it on my computer.

thanks

Yep, that's showmarkers.

It's by Lamont Clarke (website here: http://lc0277.gratisim.fr/) but the link to the actual file is dead. A quick google found an active link in this thread here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?44807-making-an-aircraft-carrier-compatible....&p=499287&viewfull=1#post499287

mal998
October 19th, 2011, 11:41
Hey Dave, got it, thanks a bunch!

Hope it helps, I'm attempting to port over the old pilot's B314 to FSX. The contact points are way off so maybe I can use this to get'em squared away.

Pam, looking at that paint job makes my eyes water. Hope they pointed out the bathroom :-)

Roger
October 19th, 2011, 23:14
Hey Dave, got it, thanks a bunch!

Hope it helps, I'm attempting to port over the old pilot's B314 to FSX. The contact points are way off so maybe I can use this to get'em squared away.

Pam, looking at that paint job makes my eyes water. Hope they pointed out the bathroom :-)

Mal,
I'd be interested in your results. I have the B314 but just overcoming the security to get it into FsX was beyond me.

mal998
October 20th, 2011, 06:03
+
First I had to install the Pilot's B-314 (service pack2) into FS9. Then I copied and pasted the 4 separate sets of B-314 files into FSX's airplane folder. Initially, there were missing VC textures, but I finally found them residing in the main texture folder of FS9. I also moved the effects into FSX. I then I copied the missing textures into each texture folder for the (4)B314.

All the gauges work except for the throttles which I swapped out for a set of B-17 throttles. I am still getting 1 gauge error message regarding the throttles but I'll deal with that later. So everything works in the VC and in the 2D. The model shows up with no anomalies. I also found 1 prop file in one of the textures folders and when I copied it into all the texture folders the props showed up ok.

I swapped out the sounds for those used in WOP B-29 4 Wrights. I also changed the flaps gauge in order to reflect the correct number of flap settings.

Now to the flight model which has required a bunch of tweaks. A bit less trim input, a bit more aileron input, a bit more crusie_lift and increased lift stability. I've been playing with the COG as she was sitting nose down in the water and maintained a nose down attitude in flight. I moved the COG back a bit and also adjusted the flap lift and changed the flap pitch. so the aircraft would lift off and maintain a level attitude.

Now, to the current problem; she wants to crawl forward on both land and water. Hands off she moves by herself at 7-6 knts. So far I can't figure out why it's doing that. I don't know if it's being caused by not enough friction against the hull or a power/engine problem, or what. Very frustrating.

If anyone knows what is causes aircraft creep/crawl, and how to address it, please feel free to chime in, your input is welcome.

Also, I need to address her stance on land when the beaching gear is deployed. She's sitting a bit off the ground. It would be so much easier if the contact point sections had been labeled, but alas, such is the burden of the port-er over-er.