PDA

View Full Version : no more gunny rolls

blazefox2
October 18th, 2011, 13:52
First Sergeant came in and told us that today a MCO came out from HQMC Quantico and they are doing away with sleeve rolling in our desert MARPAT they agreed that it would be more uniformal to have every marine stay sleeves down.

MARINE CORPS COMBAT UTILITY UNIFORM POLICY CHANGE Date Signed: 10/18/2011
MARADMIN Active Number: 621/11 2011
R 181719Z OCT 11
UNCLASSIFIED//
MARADMIN 621/11
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC DMCS//
SUBJ/MARINE CORPS COMBAT UTILITY UNIFORM POLICY CHANGE//
REF/A/MSGID:DOC/CMC WASHINGTON DC MCUB/31MAR2003//
AMPN/A IS MCO P1020.34G, MARINE CORPS UNIFORM REGULATIONS.//
POC/M. BOYT/CIV/UNIT:MCUB/-/TEL: 703-432-3333/TEL:DSN 378-3333 /EMAIL:MARY.BOYT(AT)USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. THIS MARADMIN ANNOUNCES THE COMMANDANT'S DECISION TO CHANGE THE MARINE CORPS COMBAT UTILITY UNIFORM (MCCUU) WEAR POLICY.
2. EFFECTIVE 24 OCTOBER 2011, THE MCCUU WILL BE WORN WITH THE SLEEVES DOWN, YEAR ROUND. THIS CHANGE DOES NOT AFFECT TIMING OF THE SEASONAL UNIFORM CHANGE, WHICH WILL BE ADDRESSED AND ANNOUNCED IN A FUTURE MARADMIN.
3. REFERENCE (A) WILL BE UPDATED TO REFLECT THIS CHANGE.
4. RELEASE AUTHORIZED BY LTGEN W. J. WILLIAMS, DIRECTOR, MARINE CORPS STAFF.//

no more tight sleeves, im kinda miffed my sleeves were always spot on! they were so tight we had to get another marine to help me pull them off my arm.

TeaSea
October 18th, 2011, 15:21
This kind of thing goes back and forth all the time....

Stay in for a bit. It will change.

Jagdflieger
October 18th, 2011, 15:22
In the Army we lost the ability to roll up our sleeves with the adoption of the Army Combat Unform (ACU) in 03 or so. The sleeves on the ACU have large pockets and pen holders and prohibit the old tradition even if you wanted to roll 'em up.

warchild
October 18th, 2011, 18:05
Oh hell, even in Nam all the furthest we could take em was our elbows, and then they came out with that cuffless thing they called a shirt?/ oy vay.. drove me nuts ( yup now you know why I am like i am.. really ::lol:: ).. the problem was that in Nam, everyone liked tiger fatigues. not the ones worn by special forces and the air force, but the real Arvn tiger fatigues.. still cost an arm and leg to buy..

stansdds
October 19th, 2011, 02:30
The top brass is probably tired of seeing tattoos on the arms of NCO's. Solution: micro-manage the dress code.

Sascha66
October 19th, 2011, 14:34
You'd think a modern army has other concerns than rolled-up or rolled-down sleeves!

OK, a soldier should look reasonably smart at all times but the complete spick-and-span routine should be for parade and formal guard duty only.:salute:

Willy
October 19th, 2011, 14:50
Sounds like someone somewhere in charge of uniform regulations has been practicing a little job justification.