PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again

LouP
October 16th, 2011, 15:48
Anyone have any idea what could be causing FSX to freeze everytime you go to the create a flight preview. It runs fine when I double click on a flight and it loads up that way but everytime I go to that preview screecn the sim locks up and crashes. Very upsetting! :a1451:

LouP

LouP
October 16th, 2011, 16:06
OK, useful information. I went to this thread and used the "DisablePreload=1" tweak and it worked. Not sure what that means though.

LouP

spotlope
October 17th, 2011, 06:48
OK, useful information. I went to this thread and used the "DisablePreload=1" tweak and it worked. Not sure what that means though.

LouP

I could be mistaken, but I believe DisablePreload stops the sim from preloading the files for your default flight when you first start FSX. Otherwise, it does this in the background to speed things up, assuming you'll start w/the default anyway.

Bjoern
October 17th, 2011, 12:11
I could be mistaken, but I believe DisablePreload stops the sim from preloading the files for your default flight when you first start FSX.

Preloading loads any location selected in the appropriate menu.

If you spend enough time fussing around in the other menus (aircraft, weather, payload), you won't even see a loading screen when starting your flight.
Cool, huh?