PDA

View Full Version : My father, Gary Dean Talbot, has passed...

Rami
October 16th, 2011, 14:52
To all,

It is with overwhelming sadness that I have to deliver the news that my father, Gary Dean Talbot, passed away at 5:15pm at the age of sixty-five. He went peacefully, his respirations gently subsided as he passed on peacefully. These last few years have been such a struggle for him, every breath was an effort as his lungs deteriorated. His body held on far longer than it should have.

As a minister, he was a deeply spiritual man, and he lived more faithfully than I could ever hope to. I really loved him, and will always miss him. May you rest in peace.

God bless,

Your son - Andrew Talbot

glh
October 16th, 2011, 15:10
To all,

It is with overwhelming sadness that I have to deliver the news that my father, Gary Dean Talbot, passed away at 5:15pm at the age of sixty-five. He went peacefully, his respirations gently subsided as he passed on peacefully. These last few years have been such a struggle for him, every breath was an effort as his lungs deteriorated. His body held on far longer than it should have.

As a minister, he was a deeply spiritual man, and he lived more faithfully than I could ever hope to. I really loved him, and will always miss him. May you rest in peace.

God bless,

Your son - Andrew Talbot

Sorry to hear that, Andrew. My condolences to your family in your time of sorrow.

Shadow Wolf 07
October 16th, 2011, 15:33
My deepest condolences to you and your family. What else to say? I don't know but I'll have more when we meet again on Skype. Just know that you and your family are in my prayers.

Shadow

Typhoon Willy
October 16th, 2011, 16:10
Dear Andrew,

I'm very, very to hear of your loss. Please accept my deepest and sincerest condolences.

Bill Foulkes

Oglivie
October 16th, 2011, 16:16
Hi Andrew,

My sincerest and deepest condolences also for you and your family.

Gary M.

kwb737
October 16th, 2011, 17:31
I'm so very sorry for your loss Andrew. May he rest in peace.

Ken

The B24 Guy
October 16th, 2011, 17:35
My condolences to you and your family also Andrew.

Regards,
B24Guy

SPman
October 16th, 2011, 17:53
My condolences to you and your whanau, Andrew.

Always hard when you lose a parent.

Captain Kurt
October 16th, 2011, 18:24
I'm very sorry Andrew. May God bless and comfort you and your family in this difficult time. I am sure the angels were there to take him home, to rest and to peace.

Seagull V
October 16th, 2011, 18:39
My condolences to you and your family Andrew - as your father was also a spiritual man I am certain that he is now at home up above us all looking down. Celebrate his life and remember his spirit.

There is also a grieving process that those who have lost someone who was very important in their life go through - take the time that you need to let that happen. My father passed away from a brain tumour after surviving lung cancer.

Look after yourself and your family, life does go on, although it may seem as though the loss may be great at the present moment of time.

Best wishes, thoughts, and prayers, Seagull V

Wulf190
October 16th, 2011, 19:57
Very sorry to read this. You and your family are in my thoughts.

p14u2nv
October 16th, 2011, 20:19
My deepest condolences to you and your family Andrew. Take good care

Hern07
October 16th, 2011, 20:23
At a time like this there is nothing anyone can say to help your pain. But know all our prayers are with you and your family.

norab
October 16th, 2011, 20:37
My deepest condolences, my dad passed away less then a year ago and I share your pain. My prayers go forth for you and your loved ones

watchdog22
October 16th, 2011, 20:59
My sincere condolences, my Dad passed away in March and I still miss him very much so I understand a small part of your pain.

CrisGer
October 16th, 2011, 22:29
Drew I am sorry to hear this sad news. My condolences to you and the family...and thank you for sharing this with us. I am glad you had his fine example in your life and I am sure he knew how much you and all the family cared for him. He is at rest now, but I know you will miss him.

Sopwith Chameleon
October 17th, 2011, 00:58
My Sincere Condolences on your loss - Remember the Good Times

SgtT
October 17th, 2011, 02:16
Drew, I'm sorry for your loss, my father passed a while ago so I can relate to what your going through. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

T.

Killer Svend
October 17th, 2011, 02:20
My deepest condolences to you and family. Know everything about loosing a loved one.It is really sad.
All the best
Killer Svend

Hurricane91
October 17th, 2011, 04:59
To you and your family Andrew, my deepest sympathy.

Cody Coyote
October 17th, 2011, 06:19
I was very saddened to read your post Andrew. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

JapLance
October 17th, 2011, 07:39
Sorry to hear that. My condolences to you and your family.

JEDDRAGON
October 17th, 2011, 07:47
sorry to hear that romi my condolences to you and your family.

arfyhun
October 17th, 2011, 07:54
Rami, may I add my sincere condolences for your loss. You will miss him but you will not forget him. Dads are Dads. God Bless you and yours at this sad time.

Graham Sullivan.

gius
October 17th, 2011, 10:43
My deepest condolences for your loss, Andrew

misson
October 17th, 2011, 12:32
m truly sorry for your loss, let us know if we can do something for u.

stoney
October 17th, 2011, 13:43
Andrew, My deepest condolences for your loss.

Ghostrider
October 17th, 2011, 15:35
Deepest condolences to you and yours, Andrew. Sounds like a life well-lived, and your Dad was surrounded by loved ones at the end. All any of us can really ask for.

When my brother-in-law lost his Dad a few years ago, his response was unexpected, but very helpful, I thought. He said "You know, I'm just so lucky to have had such a great guy in my life for as long as I did."

Indeed, remember the good times,

Andrew/GR

Talon
October 17th, 2011, 16:11
Drew.

My condolences to you and your family.Our prayers are with you.

When and if you are ready Greg and I will be there on skype for you.

Talon

Kofschip
October 17th, 2011, 16:26
Andrew, my condolances to you and your family. It is hard to have such things happening to you and to be able to "talk" about it to other people is a healing process. Many years ago, when my father passed away, we did not have this abilility to talk and share with everybody in this world. I remember the sorrow I was facing at that time. And I hope that with this we can alleviate some of the sorrow that you feel. God Bless You, Andrew.

John Pirnie
October 18th, 2011, 04:23
My condolences to your family in your time of sorrow.
John

Rami
October 18th, 2011, 12:49
Hello,

So far, a couple of big decisions have been made...mom and I made the memorial service arrangements and paid for the cremation, per his request, and they came to their house today and took all of dad's oxygen equipment. Both of those were really rough on us, because they were reminders of Sunday. But at least those are two significant things out of the way.

Blondi
October 18th, 2011, 14:12
Im so sorry Andrew.My dad passed away last year.I'm still missing him.You are in my thoughts,and prayers.Best regards, Blondi

kelticheart
October 18th, 2011, 14:24
Andrew,

let me offer you my heartfelt condolences. Everytime I read or hear of someone's father passing away I relive what I went through when mine took off eleven years ago, therefore I know exactly what you must be going through right now. Being strong and there for your mom, having to organize everything to take off her back any kind of pressure in a moment like this, having to take decisions you would have never expected and getting everybody's condolences which ring a constant reminder your dad is not here anymore...

It's passage in life we all come to, sooner or later, and we all have to endure. I still miss him and I will probably miss him for the rest of my life, but he will continue living in my memories as well as your dad will in yours.

In a few years, when your own kids will be capable of understanding, as they are too young now, bring back to life your dad once again by telling his nephews what kind of a man he was and what he did to help you becoming an adult and how much he loved you.

It's only in our loved ones' hearts that we shall live forever.

Stefano

stuart277
October 18th, 2011, 22:27
Hello Andrew
It is always sad to hear of a family member passing away. The pain that you and your family are going through at the moment will lessen with time. Try to keep busy and celebrate your fathers life at his funeral/wake and take care of your Mum.
My Condolences
Stuart

The_Editor
October 20th, 2011, 00:54
Deepest condolences to you and your family.

Devildog73
October 21st, 2011, 11:01
Brother, you have our deepest condolences as well. I am so sorry I have not been on here to read this earlier. We have been so absorbed in my wife's surgery and chemotherapy that I have not stayed in touch with anyone outside of our immediate family. If we were still in the States, you would see us in Massachusetts to personally convey our sadness at the loss and celebration of a life lived in submission to Lord and Savior.

Lee

Rami
October 21st, 2011, 11:13
Reply,

Devildog, thank you so very much. Please let me know, in private if you wish, how Jodi is doing. She has been in my prayers. :guinness:

tonybones2112
October 23rd, 2011, 01:04
To all,

God bless,

Your son - Andrew Talbot

Rami, my most sincere condolences brother.

Tony

tonybones2112
October 23rd, 2011, 01:07
Rami, your father was a minister, and from Heaven I am sure he agrees with me on this verse of Scripture:

1Co 15:19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

Tony

erufle
October 23rd, 2011, 03:59
My deepest felt sympathy is with you. I have lost both parents now and can speak from experience. Sometimes the stress of grief and of handling the multitude of resultant situations catches up with you. Take it easy.

Desert Rat
October 24th, 2011, 11:09
Drew,

so sorry to read this, will keep you and your mom in my thoughts and prayers.

condolences and kind regards,
Jamie

PS. sorry for not seeing this earlier.

burcham8
October 24th, 2011, 20:30
Andrew,

From a minister to a minister's son, I offer my heartfelt condolences. Also, and it may seem simplistic in this day and age, I really do believe in the 'by and by.' You'll see him again. In the meantime, he is with God, right where God wants him to be...

Marc

Discus
October 25th, 2011, 14:55
Rami

Iīm very sorry to hear this news. Been there. My father passed away two years ago and we had to remove all his oxigen equipment from my motherīs home. Remember the good times and his lessons. Your father will surely be in Godīs company so look after your mother and youself.

Sorry for the timing but itīs about the fourth time I started to write and had to quit in the middle the other three.

Discus

Rami
October 29th, 2011, 10:26
Good afternoon,

My father had his memorial service this morning, so I said my final "official" good-bye, though he will always remain in my thoughts and my heart.

Eoraptor1
October 29th, 2011, 10:55
Good afternoon,

My father had his memorial service this morning, so I said my final "official" good-bye, though he will always remain in my thoughts and my heart.

My condolences, Rami. I lost my mother, uncle, and three cousins this year, so I do know what you're going through. It does get better. If I may venture one piece of advice: allow yourself your own thoughts and feelings. Even if no one else knows, be true to yourself. PLEASE stay well.

JAMES

HouseHobbit
October 29th, 2011, 11:32
My deep felt condolences, I understand how this is..
I will hold you and your family in my Prayers..
May you be blessed and strengthened during this difficult time..