PDA

View Full Version : Messerschmitt 108 Taifun SP 1 Released

Mathias
October 16th, 2011, 01:54
Go get it while it's hot! :-)
Service Pack 1 includes, apart from a few minor bugfixes and cosmetic texture improvements, a number of new features and functions:
The pilot now has company in the cockpit. New passenger figures on all seats are visible in exterior view, configurable using a new manager interface. The new real time manager provides quick access to fuel and payloads and to a number of commonly used simulation commands.
In preparation for the comming cold season there is now a visible and audible preheating aggregate available that facilitates engine cold start and helps avoiding engine wear.
For a complete description of all features please visit the Bf108 product pages at www.classics-hangar.de and download the updated user manual.

Existing customers can redownload and reinstall the product at no cost at their vendor's website.

The updated installation files are as of today available to customers of the Classics Hangar Shop and Simmarket. FS Pilot Shop customers will be able shortly to redownload the fully updated product.

And here's a selection of screenshots depicting some of the new features:

http://www.classics-hangar.de/images/bf108/ch_bf108_09.jpg

http://www.classics-hangar.de/images/bf108/ch_bf108_19.jpg

http://www.classics-hangar.de/images/bf108/ch_bf108_20.jpg

http://www.classics-hangar.de/images/bf108/ch_bf108_21.jpg

http://www.classics-hangar.de/images/bf108/ch_bf108_16.jpg

http://www.classics-hangar.de/images/bf108/ch_bf108_17.jpg

http://www.classics-hangar.de/images/bf108/ch_bf108_18.jpg

http://www.classics-hangar.de/images/bf108/ch_bf108_45.jpg

http://www.classics-hangar.de/images/bf108/ch_bf108_22.jpg

P38man
October 16th, 2011, 02:25
I am downloading now....awesome!!!

Some quick questions
- do I need to uninstall the old one first ?
- do I need to reinstall the popular soundmod3, prop mod and viewmods ?

Thanks so much for this free gift upgrade !

Very grateful.

EDIT: from reading page 27 of the new manual it refers to "Cold and Dark". My guess is we have to shut down the planes switches ourselves and then save it "cold and dark" (by saving the flight) and then upon reload of the saved flight we can use the "pre-heater" - is that correct ?

Mathias
October 16th, 2011, 02:28
Thanks P38man!

To answer your questions: yes and yes.

Mathias
October 16th, 2011, 02:43
EDIT: from reading page 27 of the new manual it refers to "Cold and Dark". My guess is we have to shut down the planes switches ourselves and then save it "cold and dark" (by saving the flight) and then upon reload of the saved flight we can use the "pre-heater" - is that correct ?

Basically yes, the preheater works only when the aircraft is parked cold and dark and with the Just Fly Utility set to "full real".
Doesn't make sense to care for your engine if there's no ill-effect to expect anyway. :-)

P38man
October 16th, 2011, 02:56
Thanks so much, Mathias !

An achingly beautiful plane just got even better !

YoYo
October 16th, 2011, 03:40
Thank You, Will download! :wiggle:

fleurdelys
October 16th, 2011, 03:50
Merci beaucoup Mathias... :icon29:

Just finished downloading the new version.

Will there be access to passengers in the wartime version or is it restricted to the modern rendition of your plane ?... :kilroy:

Thanks

Fleurdelys

Mathias
October 16th, 2011, 03:56
The passengers are available to all planes.
There's not really a wartime version actually.
All except D-IOIO (which is prewar civil) are depictions of Taifuns that flew post war in civil hands, even if their respective owners painted them in Luftwaffe colors.

flaviossa
October 16th, 2011, 04:13
Thanks Mathias! :salute:

lucas81
October 16th, 2011, 04:51
Thank you so much for the update!

Lukas

Edit: Yes, the Bf108 from the Classics Hangar Shop is 1.1. I should read more carefuly, but I was so excited :D

fleurdelys
October 16th, 2011, 05:56
Guess it would be an appropriate time to finish up those WIPs that I've had cooking for some time now... :sleep:

Cheers,

Fleurdelys

italoc
October 16th, 2011, 06:00
Wow what a wonderful Sunday ....:applause:
Thanks so much Mathias your Taifun is "a cherry on the cake" :salute:

Italo

ryanbatc
October 16th, 2011, 18:12
What a beautiful plane, beautiful modeling inside and out. I still haven't got this yet... even though I said I would when it came out bah!

Maybe if I buy those roses first? :icon_lol:

skulleader
October 17th, 2011, 08:30
Hello :salute:

I write just this little message for said to Mathias a great thank's for this upgrade which is awesome and perfect.
This aircraft is a real masterpiece and now with his addon he's very one MUST !!!

Congratulation and a great thank's again for this incredible work :applause:

Best regards, Olivier. :guinness:

skulleader
October 17th, 2011, 08:44
Hello :wavey:

I've a little question for fleurdelys, I found your three skins very awesome and I would know is your work is available to downloaded ?

50218 50219 50220

Once again a congratulation for this work and best regards, Olivier. :icon29:

Bruce Thompson
October 17th, 2011, 13:04
Thank you Mathias for this wonderful update to an already great airplane, it's made my day:applause::applause::applause:.

Bruce

Mathias
October 17th, 2011, 13:09
Thanks guys, glad that you enjoy the update!

Dexdoggy
October 17th, 2011, 13:34
Can this fantastic plane get any better? Classic Hangers answer is "Yes"! :applause::applause::applause:

Roger
October 17th, 2011, 15:13
A new lease of life for the great 108!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/ch108-14.jpg

Mathias
October 18th, 2011, 05:27
Little HU: FS Pilot Shop has also updated to the latest version.

fleurdelys
October 18th, 2011, 13:32
Hello :wavey:

I've a little question for fleurdelys, I found your three skins very awesome and I would know is your work is available to downloaded ?

50218 50219 50220

Once again a congratulation for this work and best regards, Olivier. :icon29:

Dinner should be ready by the end of the week, Skull... :icon_lol:

Les bonnes choses, ça se mijote un brin...

Fleurdelys

skulleader
October 19th, 2011, 03:52
Hello fleurdelys,

Dinner should be ready by the end of the week, Skull...

A great thank's for this great news, I really like these skins.

Regards, Olivier.

fleurdelys
October 19th, 2011, 11:30
Bonjour Olivier,

The first skin has just been uploaded.

It should be available shortly. The others will follow in the coming days.

Enjoy !

Fleurdelys

Mathias
October 19th, 2011, 11:53
Thanks much Fleurdelys, looking forward to downloading it.
Always had a soft spot for those Romanian WWII skins.

fleurdelys
October 20th, 2011, 07:56
You are welcome Mathias and thanks again for your update... :icon29:

Here are the other two Romanian Taifuns which I have just finished uploading. Should be available shortly.

Now that there is a passenger, I guess I'll have to modify (or try to...) the textures to make the passenger a little more uniformed, if possible. Would have been great if a choice of pilot and passenger bearing uniforms had been available... :salute: (wishful thinking... I'm kidding !) :icon_lol:

I enjoy your planes as most other simmers who have it probably do. Putting them in their historical context is just part of the total fun... :kilroy:

Keep building them and we'll get them flying !

Cheers,

Fleurdelys

Mathias
October 23rd, 2011, 00:09
Thanks much, fleurdelys.
I see they are online, will install ASAP.

Cheers!

danyboy21
October 23rd, 2011, 08:40
Many thanks Mathias for the upgrade. It's a great airplane !

Any news for the Stuka and the Me 110 ?

Mathias
October 24th, 2011, 01:14
Dany, the Stuka is the current project, shouldn't be too far away now.
The 110 is next, no ETA.

huub vink
October 25th, 2011, 23:20
Fleurdelys, first of all, thank you for the lovely repaints. However I noticed they are in 1024 x1024 format, due to which the a lot is details are lost. I was wondering, can you make the textures available in 2048 x 2048 or even 4096 x4096 as well?

A small side note. It of course a matter of taste, but the rivets are "quite present". However when you look at pictures of the real thing you will notice you hardly see any rivets. The first thing with struck me when I saw a real Messerschmitt (in my case a Bf109), was the quality of the (flush)rivetting. Therefore when I do a repaint panel lines and rivets are normaly below well 20% visible (transparency).

Huub

kdl
October 26th, 2011, 01:10
Now we have a wonderful aircraft and a lot of great repaints. This is a very old plane, but it looks like a "freshly shelled egg" (brand new)
Isn't it possible to paint VC and outside textures with traces of use?
That would be the icing on the cake.
(unfortunately I'm not a repainter)

Dieter

fleurdelys
October 26th, 2011, 02:42
Fleurdelys, first of all, thank you for the lovely repaints. However I noticed they are in 1024 x1024 format, due to which the a lot is details are lost. I was wondering, can you make the textures available in 2048 x 2048 or even 4096 x4096 as well?

A small side note. It of course a matter of taste, but the rivets are "quite present". However when you look at pictures of the real thing you will notice you hardly see any rivets. The first thing with struck me when I saw a real Messerschmitt (in my case a Bf109), was the quality of the (flush)rivetting. Therefor when I do a repaint panel lines and rivets are normaly below well 20% visible (transparency).

Huub

Thank you Hubb for your nice and constructive comments. I'll see what can be done for the higher resolution textures. As for the riveting, I must admit that I'm generally heavy handed as far as weathering is concerned but the point is well taken and I will also look into it.
The reason for the 1024 format is that my PC will not respond well with higher resolution textures. I usually also remove mips but didn't do it this time around... :kilroy:

Edit: Hi Huub,
After trying to open the original file which took the best part of 2 minutes, I remembered why I had opted for reduced size textures...
So, I would like to edit the above to " I'll see what can be done for the higher resolution next time..."

Cheers,

Fleurdelys

huub vink
October 27th, 2011, 11:07
Thanks for your answer Fleurdelys. I understand your problems. I one tried to make 4096x4096 textures on my old PC. My hunger for detail wasn't that strong so my impatience won in the end ;)....

Cheers,
Huub

Mathias
October 30th, 2011, 04:55
Hi Fleurdelys,

you can reduce the overhead of the 1_t.psd file somewhat by doing the following:

Adjust the transparency of all layers beginning at "Details" up to "Walkways border" to your liking,13 layers all in all. Next collapse those 13 layers to a single one (leave the "Ambient Occlusion" and "Base Color" layers untouched).
You can also delete some of the layers you don't necessarly need such as the wireframe or the splinter camo template.
This way you can get the file size down from 128MB to some odd 70MB what might help with loading times and performance.