PDA

View Full Version : Orbx Releases 74S Anacortes

JayKae
October 15th, 2011, 16:29
Never has the phrase "more than just an airport" held true.

Acclaimed developer Jarrad Marshall has created something truly special with 74S Anacortes Airport, giving you not just a hyper-detailed airport as an FBO, but most of beautiful Fidalgo Island to explore. Additionally there are auxiliary landing areas including the Burrows Island Lighthouse Helipad, Allan Island private airstrip and the 21H Skyline water landing area. The entire city of Anacortes is represented, and also the Deception Pass Bridge (specifically for your low-flying adventures!), the detailed refinery area nearby and many other POIs. The scenery seamlessly integrates with KBVS Skagit Regional airport also from Orbx, and uses 7cm, 15cm and 60cm photoreal imagery. This is Jarrad Marshall's finest hour for sure!

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshots/images/763US_74S_1160x700_Templa.jpg

FEATURES

Ultra-detailed modelling and textures for Anacortes Airport (74S)
All 3D models include baked ambient occlusion
Six highly-detailed custom static aircraft
60cm coverage for city of Anacortes, Anacortes Refinery, Deception Pass State Park, Allan and Burrows Islands
15cm/custom ground poly (FSX native) for 74S Airport
Auxiliary landing areas nearby: Burrows Island Lighthouse Helipad, Allan Island private airstrip, 21H Skyline water landing
City of Anacortes and detailed refinery area included
Ultra-detailed Deception Pass Bridge (specifically for your low-flying adventures!)
Seamless integration with Hugh Johnston's upcoming Skagit Regional Airport (KBVS)
http://www.flightsim...roducts_id=1928 (http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=1928)

Phantom88
October 15th, 2011, 16:33
Fantastic!!:jump:Can't wait to try it out!

OleBoy
October 15th, 2011, 18:28
Fan-Tas-Tic! Downloading now!!

Jaykae, what's next on the menu for the PNW?

Sundog
October 15th, 2011, 18:40
Just a note to anyone who didn't check, but there is also a new Orbx Libraries file up as of 10/14/11. As soon as I have it I'm ready to go fly and check this area out. :)

OleBoy
October 15th, 2011, 18:44
Just a note to anyone who didn't check, but there is also a new Orbx Libraries file up as of 10/14/11. :)

Thanks for the info Sundog. I'll grab it as soon as I get Anacortes downloaded. I still have to install PNW Blue before I can install Anacortes. Just too busy lately :running:

Then I'll be picking the rest of them off one by one as funds allow.

JayKae
October 15th, 2011, 20:04
There is quite some stuff in the pipeline at any given time OleBoy, always on the move at Orbx

( I sounded like a commercial there lol)

skyhawka4m
October 16th, 2011, 06:35
With the last 2 releases I've noticed a definite frame rate issue....not sure what changed but I may have to think about future airports.....its too bad because I love the ORBX stuff.....:salute:

JayKae
October 16th, 2011, 12:56
You shouldn't have, do you have the latest libraries installed ?

ryanbatc
October 16th, 2011, 18:15
The person taking the screen shots on the store front, what LOD raduis are they using?

I'm so hesitant to purchase orbx airports because I almost always get CTD's/OOM's in Orbx Land without any payware airports. I love to run high LOD of 6.5 but that usually screws me up within an hour or so of flying, especially flying en route.

Are people actually able to run high LOD in OrbxLand without OOM's?

skyhawka4m
October 16th, 2011, 21:02
You shouldn't have, do you have the latest libraries installed ?

yep...all up to date. I'm not sure......whats up...I'm actually getting CTD's now in these latest airport areas.

Sundog
October 16th, 2011, 21:31
Anacortes is the first Orbx airport I've owned that I have trouble running. However, I can't say it's completely the airports fault at this time as the HD I have it on is in the "red" in terms of how much is loaded on it. But this will be remedied in the next few days, when I transfer many of downloaded scenery files (Not the installed files) off of it and on to a new HD.

I can say that it worked well enough for me to fly under the bridge already. :)

I should also note that I have Skagit installed as well.

JayKae
October 16th, 2011, 23:18
Best thing to do skyhawk is to lodge a support thread

As far as the LOD on the FP of the product, I cannot be sure as I did not take those shots, again ask on the forums the person(s) who actually took the shot(s) will come forward, I am sure ;)

Phantom88
October 17th, 2011, 02:38
I think it's important to point out that all Orbx products come with their own "control panel"So depending on your system you can control some of the features that may be more FPS intense than others.

I have nearby Skagit regional installed along with 74S and it does Hit my modest Quad 9650 pretty hard,but I'm able to turn off some features in each airport via the controll panel and then my system can handle it.

ryanbatc
October 17th, 2011, 09:58
I think it's important to point out that all Orbx products come with their own "control panel"So depending on your system you can control some of the features that may be more FPS intense than others.

I have nearby Skagit regional installed along with 74S and it does Hit my modest Quad 9650 pretty hard,but I'm able to turn off some features in each airport via the controll panel and then my system can handle it.

I think this is why most don't have issues. They listen to what is written in the manuals and turn down settings. I don't hehe, it doesn't mean it won't run smooth, but I like to see tons of trees while flying in the backcountry. Normally my flights are short so if I get an OOM within an hour it's not the end of the world.

Helldiver
October 17th, 2011, 12:48
I've been wondering, where is "Anacortes" ? We have never heard of it back here in America. Sounds like a salve and bed rest would clean it out.

JAllen
October 17th, 2011, 15:33
Helldiver, not too far from my son's house in Seattle, WA. On the shore of a little something they call Puget Sound. Guess it's too far from Mass.

Jim

CodyValkyrie
October 17th, 2011, 16:14
I've been wondering, where is "Anacortes" ? We have never heard of it back here in America. Sounds like a salve and bed rest would clean it out.

Hahahaha! Quite funny Mr. Helldiver! :D

On that note, a lot of the cities and towns in Washington and Oregon have traditional Indian names. Wenatchee, Skyomish, Tacoma, Snoqualmie and so on. Of course, I might be somewhat wrong in the names, but this is the general tradition. I wonder if Anacortes falls into that category as well?

Meshman
October 18th, 2011, 08:11
The name "Anacortes" is a consolidation of the name Anna Curtis, who was the wife of early Fidalgo Island settler Amos Bowman.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anacortes,_Washington

If you trust what's on Wikipedia?

PRB
October 18th, 2011, 08:28
Helldiver, not too far from my son's house in Seattle, WA. On the shore of a little something they call Puget Sound. Guess it's too far from Mass.

Jim

Also, just about 10 miles or so from Naval Air Station Whidbey Island. Drove through there all the time, back when I used to live up there.

spotlope
October 18th, 2011, 13:50
Hahahaha! Quite funny Mr. Helldiver! :D

On that note, a lot of the cities and towns in Washington and Oregon have traditional Indian names. Wenatchee, Skyomish, Tacoma, Snoqualmie and so on. Of course, I might be somewhat wrong in the names, but this is the general tradition. I wonder if Anacortes falls into that category as well?

Yeah, I don't think they have any Indian-named places back in Massachusetts.

Hey, wait a minute... :icon_lol:

magoo
October 18th, 2011, 16:22
Helldiver
I've been wondering, where is "Anacortes" ?
.....It's an independant, non-parlimentry Island Nation situated between Washington State, USA, and British Columbia, Canada. They make a fortune on fish-oil, whale watching, and hot air.

Helldiver
October 19th, 2011, 09:26
Oh, we got tons of Indian names like Lake Chaubunagungamaug, Nahant and Natick.
I used to go out to NAS Whidbey Island while doing some spook work on the A-3s. But not a single person ever boasted of being from "Anacortes".
You see when we refer to Portland, we mean Portland, Maine. Anybody living outside the original 13 States are strictly on a conditional basis.

mmann
October 19th, 2011, 14:19
To think I thought Portland was Portland, Ontario in Canada! :running:

Roger
October 19th, 2011, 22:58
...And there was me thinking it was in Dorset, England???

Navy Chief
October 20th, 2011, 06:22
I used to take a ferry boat from Anacortes to Victoria, B.C., back in the late 1990s. I would take a bus from the port to downtown Victoria, and then walk to (CFB) Esquimalt. A most beautiful base! I'd stay in the Chief Petty Officer quarters. Very nice!

NC

olderndirt
October 21st, 2011, 18:06
Consider also the Spanish explorer influence - Straits of Juan de Fuca, Lopez Island, San Juan Island - perhaps Anacortes may once have ended with a 'z'.