PDA

View Full Version : MAW Eastern front

Emile
October 14th, 2011, 21:46
Hello,
I have problems when I try to "fly" any of the MAW Eastern Front missions .
The briefing is OK, I receive the , in my case, well knowed Win 7 popup that an error is detected and CFS3 has stopped working.

I have controlled several missions .xml and it seams that I have all the request aircrafts, facilities, ...

Recommendations?
Thanks in advance

Murray Cod
October 15th, 2011, 02:01
the trouble I had with some of the Eastern Front missions was fixed by turning down some of the scenery and terrain related settings from 5 down to 2 or 3. It is a problem that has something to do with (I think) flying near the edge of the MAW map in these missions. My game used to crash while in flight before I turned the settings down.

HTH
Murray

HouseHobbit
October 15th, 2011, 06:52
Yes the sliders for the Scenery and Terrains MUST BE set at 3 to use several of the Eastern Front missions..
It is a " Bug" in the MAW set up that causes this..
I think I have this covered in the read me..

Unless the MAW team gets back together and finishes this MAW set up nothing can be done about this "BUG"
and that is not going to happen I am sorry to say..

Emile
October 15th, 2011, 20:04
Hello,
OK when I set all sliders to 1 I can run the missions.... but it is ugly... now I will increase slider per slider 1 by 1 up to a good result and report back.
Thanks for the information.

Edit : the results of testing :
On my system with Overal = 1, Aircraft = 5, Terrain = 5 , Scenery = 1 , Effects = 5 and Clouds = 3 I can run the missions.
If I change Scenery to = 2 the game crashes .
I did not try clouds > 3 , these clouds are OK for me.
I will run with Terrain = 4 because with 5 I have shimering.

Thanks to all for your help.

popsaka
October 16th, 2011, 20:14
Yes the sliders for the Scenery and Terrains MUST BE set at 3 to use several of the Eastern Front missions..
It is a " Bug" in the MAW set up that causes this..
I think I have this covered in the read me..

Unless the MAW team gets back together and finishes this MAW set up nothing can be done about this "BUG"
and that is not going to happen I am sorry to say..

...and I am also sorry. There was quite a bit of unrealized potential in that great project...
-who knows, mayhaps someday someone will pick up the ''Torch'' (some agile 'Acrobat') (He dunno when ta quit, do he?) :icon_eek:

Emile
October 17th, 2011, 07:41
HI guys, Dont be sorry
I have a solution and I am happy ....:jump:

HouseHobbit
October 17th, 2011, 07:56
Yes, MAW is a great unfinished set up.. I have learned on my machine how to set things so It doesn't cause me any problem..
OFF had this same problem in the begining..
I like MAW and have built many missions for it..

popsaka
October 18th, 2011, 08:34
...Yes its been years since I was able to access any of the missions North of Malta or the Mediterranean Sea (if ever) though I'm finally getting a chance to reinstall with a newer OS* (I wanted XP but had to settle for Windows 7) and lose the old ATI 9200, making the switch UP to Nvidia Geforce 8200! Wow, what a difference! -So I've got high hopes(!) I may even attempt to re-enable the 'specular shine' in ''shaders.xml''. Does anyone who's reading this run with it on?

(* I still run Win98se on the 2003 machine. My DAW(s) and various asst'd music software as well as Photoshop 6.0.1 and who knows what all else, are still quite happy with it, not to mention being able to swap around all my tons of older non-serial hard drives... (I told you not to mention that---)

-cheers :guinness::icon_eek:.....er uh beer-keeper, if you'd be so kind.:ipepsi2:__:guinness:..:pop4:..thmanks so much..:isadizzy: ...an's notta momen'too swoon
(yep, at times MAW drives me to think)