PDA

View Full Version : IRIS Tomcat Wing Sweep....

Quicksand
October 13th, 2011, 19:12
Hello all... Im sure this has been posted before, but I cant find it... I cant get the auto wing sweep to work in my IRIS F-14. I hadnt flown it in a while, and noticed quickly tonight that the wing sweep was no longer working.. Anyone run into this before, and if so, how can I fix it? Thanks for any feedback..

p3aewguy
October 13th, 2011, 19:22
Hello all... Im sure this has been posted before, but I cant find it... I cant get the auto wing sweep to work in my IRIS F-14. I hadnt flown it in a while, and noticed quickly tonight that the wing sweep was no longer working.. Anyone run into this before, and if so, how can I fix it? Thanks for any feedback..

Quicksand,

Don't know if it's the same in FSX or if you're talking about the freeware F-14, but in FS9 there is a switch on the left hand console forward of the throttles in the VC. Flipping the switch activates auto sweep.

Dave

Quicksand
October 13th, 2011, 19:34
Hi Dave. Its the IRIS Tomcat for FSX.. Switch is inop on my bird..

LouP
October 13th, 2011, 20:06
Mine sweeps just fine. Should be a way to set it on auto. Currently set-up for helos so can't break it out. ;)

LouP

Stickshaker
October 14th, 2011, 03:07
Did you raise the flaps?

Sieggie
October 14th, 2011, 06:18
If I remember correctly, the switch in the cockpit did not move but in fact controlled auto / manual so you could never tell what mode it was in. If you move the manual lever and nothing happens you are in auto. If you move it and the wings sweep you are in manual. You can then click the switch again to toggle the mode if it is not correct.

Dave

fox18delta
October 14th, 2011, 06:32
The latest Iris F-14 Pro Version is the "Hotfix" 1.1 to 1.5.
Can be found here;
http://irissimulations.com/product-pro-tomcat.php

The wing sweep button is disabled in this version, replaced by "Shift- 1"

When your flight loads, "Shift-1"
A panel will appear offering 3 choices;

1. Wing Auto-sweep
2. Quick-start
3. Shutdown

Select #1 Wing Auto sweep.

If you do not select Auto sweep you can set the wing using the handle alongside the throttle.

Quicksand
October 18th, 2011, 08:57
Thanks guys. Been away from the sim a while due to a blown knee. I appreciate all your help. :guinness::icon29::salute:

warchild
October 18th, 2011, 09:02
The wing sweep, if I remember correctly was what clued us into the fact that theres a major difference between FSX SP/2 and FSX Accel. On my machine the switch works fine, but on SP/2 machines it never worked. The hotfix above however should help you out.

fox18delta
October 18th, 2011, 09:14
The wing sweep, if I remember correctly was what clued us into the fact that theres a major difference between FSX SP/2 and FSX Accel. On my machine the switch works fine, but on SP/2 machines it never worked. The hotfix above however should help you out.

Hi Warchild
I am running the hotfix in Acceleration.
I am not getting vapor effects or wingtip vortices, like those in the FSX version, prior to PRO.
Perhaps they weren't included ?
Thanks
paul