PDA

View Full Version : Take On Helicopters Beta?

Gdavis101
October 13th, 2011, 13:01
Anyone try it yet? How is it and how does it perform?

SSI01
October 13th, 2011, 14:20
If you can give me a steer toward the beta I'll give it a spin.

Gdavis101
October 13th, 2011, 15:16
You have to pre-order the product to get access to the beta...

http://takeonthegame.com/

Francois
October 14th, 2011, 08:07
I ran it a few times. Haven't figured out yet how to connect my POV switch to the views.... and my TrackIR 4 is not performing in it as I would like. :-(

It is a Beta, for sure. Looks nice, but lacking a lot of functionality yet. Also not sure if this 'view' thing will be addressed.

Gdavis101
October 14th, 2011, 12:13
What are you running it on?

Francois
October 15th, 2011, 00:00
Intel i7 3.4 Ghz Quad on Asus P8H67-M Pro with 8 Gb RAM, driving an NVidia GeForce GTX580 1Ghz vid card. Somehow I don't think THAT is the problem ..... :-)

Gdavis101
October 15th, 2011, 12:41
I am thinking I might be in trouble there, that is why I didn't buy the beta..

Francois
October 15th, 2011, 12:55
Will get some more info on it over the FS Weekend in November in Holland. One of the developers was in Paris too, 2 weeks ago, but I didn't have time to connect back then.

IanHenry
November 5th, 2011, 00:23
Has anyone anyopinions on this sim yet? I was thinking of buying it , but held off because I can’t find much information about it on the internet.<o:p></o:p>
It looks like it will be either very good, or no better than FSX if you are running ORBX scenery.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Regards,<o:p></o:p>
Ian.

stiz
November 5th, 2011, 01:52
most i've been able to find out is impressions from the beta http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3403540/Pre_Order_Beta_Impressions.html#Post3403540

Also its not ment to be a direct competitor to FSX, not just A-B flying :engel016:

EDIT - more here http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3421022/Sooo_is_it_any_good.html#Post3421022

IanHenry
November 5th, 2011, 07:36
Thanks Stiz,
still not convinced that this will be worth the money, I'm not sure if it's a simulator or a game. I think I might wait and see what happens with it.

Ian.

stiz
November 5th, 2011, 09:02
its a mix between the 2 i reckon, so semi sim-semi game, a good half way point for those not wanting an aracde game, but then not wanting a DCS sorta thing. Knowing how BIS handle the arma series you can be quarenteed it'll be well supported though.

Francois
November 5th, 2011, 13:13
Been flying the 'career mode' now and have found some of the intricacies of the control system and it has started to get better a bit.

Maybe I'm too much of a purist, but to me it is still a game, more than a sim. And I find the graphics not so hot, certainly not for a program that only needs to model a small part of the world. They are too dark, and the ground textures are pretty washed out IMHO.

Without a Track IR it is totally unplayable, unless I have still missed the control to connect the hat switch to the views, like most other games have.

So, nope, it is nowhere near Blackshark and not anywhere near FSX either. But it has a nice game play to it, you can earn money, and heck, you can get OUT of the helicopter, walk around it, walk into the office and even get into cars and drive them around.

Now if we could get that latter functionality added to FSX, then yes, THEN we'd have a world sim as ESP was aiming to become ;-)

Gdavis101
November 6th, 2011, 12:48
I will wait until Steam has it on sale for half price than, I would almost rather buy ARMA.. Thanks for the info..

Flame-Prop
November 23rd, 2011, 21:59
If only they had the trial version, full for 4 days so I can poke around all the place and corners. The detail is great, been reading that topic and a few others and I wish they did not make it so simple. Since there is "working" on it maybe they will give out full access to the cockpit. I got it, just like Rail works, they could use that control realism settings, expert or simple. Expert will give you full acess to all the bits and Simple would be as it is now.