PDA

View Full Version : Help!! French aircraft are hard to land (P-36)

HouseHobbit
October 12th, 2011, 20:48
I have been flying around getting as feel for this Cool.. H75

And I am having a hard time landing this bird??:gameoff:

Maybe it is it funny French paint on this P-36?? :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:
I have the gear down, speed correct, throttle back and BANG!!

Hobbit pieces everywhere!!!

Can't seem to sort out why??

westview
October 12th, 2011, 21:26
Hmmmm, Not Sure. From the looks of things you're doing everything perfectly, by the books!

Murray Cod
October 13th, 2011, 00:32
I know, I know. You are landing in the wrong hemisphere. Put the long range fuel tanks on and come and land here in Oz. I will fire up the BBQ for you.

cheers
MC

richcreator
October 13th, 2011, 01:50
Obviously a trim issue! :wiggle:

Ivan
October 13th, 2011, 02:23
Try Landing with the Wheels on the Bottom instead.

I believe that might work better.

- Ivan.

KellyB
October 13th, 2011, 04:36
Hmmm. I'm not an accomplished pilot, but I do think there's something wrong with your final approach.

If it's because you think you can see the ground better, you might want to try a different idea.

I don't know about Middle Earth, but up here on the surface, we look UP at the sky.

I'm jus sayin...

loverboy1
October 13th, 2011, 07:06
man its obvious .... your mechanic was hobbit

HouseHobbit
October 13th, 2011, 08:01
Try Landing with the Wheels on the Bottom instead.

I believe that might work better.

- Ivan.

But the wheels are on the bottom??

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

hairyspin
October 13th, 2011, 11:04
Put the long range fuel tanks on and come and land here in Oz. I will fire up the BBQ for you.

Please do not barbecue hobbits. Hobbits are sentient creatures fully able to communicate their feelings. A bit dense at times, but not all of us have degrees from Harvard and anyway hobbit fur is extremely pungent when smouldering. :173go1:

loverboy1
October 13th, 2011, 11:51
yea my first grankid i get ever requested the name hobbit in there some where , if not then, my next 4 legged friend :applause:

greycap.raf
October 13th, 2011, 12:12
It's a bit baffling how it doesn't work, after all you're doing perfect three point landings. Don't the points stand for cowling-canopy-tailfin after all? Weird indeed. :confused:

HouseHobbit
October 14th, 2011, 08:55
Please do not barbecue hobbits. Hobbits are sentient creatures fully able to communicate their feelings. A bit dense at times, but not all of us have degrees from Harvard and anyway hobbit fur is extremely pungent when smouldering. :173go1:

YEA!!! what He said!!!!
Burning Hobbits NOT GOOD!!!
:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Squiffy
October 14th, 2011, 11:50
I think som eof the .air flight models have too high a damage sensitivity on the contact points for langing gear and such. I found this working on the MkV Spitfire a few yeas back. It may work out by the book as far as meters per second but I don't think the sim world is that accurate to hold to. You need to adjust for realism in game. Maybe we can edit the .air file and see? I recall having similar difficulties. Look for wind direction too and land into it. You can almost hover in some of the Spitfires.

hairyspin
October 14th, 2011, 12:26
I think some of the .air flight models have too high a damage sensitivity on the contact points... Maybe we can edit the .air file and see?

Hello Squiffy, good to hear from you! The contact points are in the aircraft.cfg - you'll find the damage settings there. This is from one of the stock Spits showing the first two points: Class is 1 for wheels and the figure to change is the fourth one in each line for the gear - it's vertical speed limit in feet per minute. For HH, best make this half a million....

[contact_points]
//0 Class
//1 Longitudinal Position (feet)
//2 Lateral Position (feet)
//3 Vertical Position (feet)
//4 Impact Damage Threshold (Feet Per Minute)
//5 Brake Map (0=None, 1=Left, 2=Right)
//6 Wheel Radius (feet)
//7 Steer Angle (degrees)
//8 Static Compression (feet) (0 if rigid)
//9 Max/Static Compression Ratio
//10 Damping Ratio (0=Undamped, 1=Critically Damped)
//11 Extension Time (seconds)
//12 Retraction Time (seconds)
//13 Sound Type
//14 Airspeed limit for retraction (KIAS)
//15 Airspeed that gear gets damage at (KIAS)

point.0=1,-29,0,-2.7,2165.354331,0,0.35,180,0.26,1.5,0.5,0,0,0,140, 150
point.1=1,-8,-2.85,-7.1,2165.354331,1,1,0,0.497608,2.5,0.82308,6,6,2,1 40,150
etc...

Also check the last entry for "Airspeed that gear gets damage at (KIAS)" - the first line especially is for the tailwheel and it could certainly stand more than 150 knots IAS: it was a fixed wheel!