PDA

View Full Version : American Horror Story............

luckydog
October 12th, 2011, 20:04
Anybody watching this newbie on FX ????
Holy Moly !!!!
I've been a horror fan all my life and this ranks very close to the top.
It makes those Stephen King movies look silly...........

LD

Eoraptor1
October 14th, 2011, 06:57
I've seen bits of it. Perversely, whenever I've sat down to watch it, something pops up out of thin air to divide my attention. I wanted to see it mainly because I loved Connie Britton's performance on Friday Night Lights. I found her character's career track unbelievable for someone not named Bush or Kennedy, but I loved her character, and let's be honest; how many high functioning marriages do we see depicted on prime time television?

Sorry; going OT.

Now, tell me if I'm correct: the young girl with Down's syndrome is powerfully clairvoyant? She's also profoundly creepy, but Jessica Lange's character is even more creepy. Funny you should say how un-Stephen King this all is, because it reminded me of The Shining; more the book than the movies. The big difference is that King doesn't include all the sexytime. By his own admission, he can't write sex scenes, but I'll argue down to a nub that American media is more comfortable with full on disembowlments than with human sexuality. I've seen decapitations in the mid-afternoon on basic cable.

I have the feeling we're going to find out this house is built on the site on an old Indian burial ground.

JAMES