PDA

View Full Version : Tweak aircraft.cfg. lift when banked?

Peter SWE
October 12th, 2011, 02:10
I'm trying to tweak the aircraft cfg on the lionheart Dynamic so it behaves more like how want a LSA to fly. To me it flyes lika a propliner and isn't light slightly twitchy as i think a LSA is.
I have fiddled with the rudder effectivenes so now it responds much better to inputs on the stick and moves around in the sky as i want it to.

The thing i have left to correct is that it flyes nose down when banked into the turn and doesn't sink, i want it to loose lift when banked so i have to raise the nose so to not loose altitude.

Is there anything i can change in the aircraft.cfg to get it to behave that way?

I know that this might not be true to how the dynamic flyes in real life but this is the way i want it behave.

ZEUS67
October 12th, 2011, 10:00
I'm trying to tweak the aircraft cfg on the lionheart Dynamic so it behaves more like how want a LSA to fly. To me it flyes lika a propliner and isn't light slightly twitchy as i think a LSA is.
I have fiddled with the rudder effectivenes so now it responds much better to inputs on the stick and moves around in the sky as i want it to.

The thing i have left to correct is that it flyes nose down when banked into the turn and doesn't sink, i want it to loose lift when banked so i have to raise the nose so to not loose altitude.

Is there anything i can change in the aircraft.cfg to get it to behave that way?

I know that this might not be true to how the dynamic flyes in real life but this is the way i want it behave.

I might be wrong, but aircraft aerodynamics is controlled by the .AIR file. You would have to tweak that one.

fliger747
October 12th, 2011, 22:07
The LSA's are designed to be stable, for pilots of limited experience and ability to be still safe and have an enjoyable time. FS does a good job with the primary physics of flight. A shallow banked turn (< 30 deg) will require little additional AOA to remain level in the turn. The 404 table in the air file controls the lift vrs AOA. To see what is precisely happening, I suggest obtaining the AFSD utility by Herve Sors, which monitors a plethora of goings on in real time.

T

Dev One
October 12th, 2011, 23:56
To make it less stable reduce the values for Roll, Pitch & yaw stability in the aircraft.cfg [flight tuning], I find a value of 0.5 suits my aircraft normally. As for yaw in a turn one needs to play with the .air file - Block 1101 & scroll down to Cn_da. There may be some others that might need a bit, but try those first.
Also do not forget to change the realism settings........
HTH
Keith