PDA

View Full Version : Waiting and could be a long night!

limjack
October 10th, 2011, 19:39
My daughter is about to make me a grandfather. She is due on Oct 15th but she has been having contraction tonight. So all bags packed and on standby to rush her to Hospital whenever that moment happens. Otherwise it is getting late here now we are just waiting for the little one to make his big move. Excited I am but why do babies like to begin the countdown when it is time to go to bed. Not sure if we will try to sleep or just stay awake staring at each other. Contraction are not consistent yet but other things (gross things) have happend signaling we are near. Only time will tell.

almost

Grandpa Jim

Daveroo
October 10th, 2011, 21:16
would be a good time to watch the episode of little richies birth on the dick van dyke show.....tad over the top..but funny,,,dick in his suit in bed..testing his hat fit,cars bumper locked ( something that doesnt happen with todays cars)

congrats to grandpa,grandma..mommy daddy and i hope the child is healthy and perfect

SSI01
October 11th, 2011, 08:09
All grandchildren are perfect!

Be sure and enjoy that child as much as you can. Distance can be a hindrance but email helps make up for that. We lost our oldest grandchild to a hit and run driver last year (a police officer, no less); we tried to remain in touch with him and his sister but distance was a problem, we in DC and they near New Orleans. You learn through your losses and we're closer now than before, but what a way to be reminded to do so . . .

limjack
October 11th, 2011, 17:11
Well....nothing.....the little one stood us up and said not today. I ended up going to bed with my street clothes on so I would be ready to bounce out of bed and jet her to the hospital. My resting time sucked of course as well and the times I did drift away I had nothing but baby contraction dreams and trying to get my daughter to the hospital...LOL.

Grampa Jim on hold

limjack
October 11th, 2011, 17:58

Be sure and enjoy that child as much as you can. Distance can be a hindrance but email helps make up for that. We lost our oldest grandchild to a hit and run driver last year (a police officer, no less); we tried to remain in touch with him and his sister but distance was a problem, we in DC and they near New Orleans. You learn through your losses and we're closer now than before, but what a way to be reminded to do so . . .

Wise advice and sorry for the loss of your grandchild. I could not imagine the pain.

Jim

HouseHobbit
October 11th, 2011, 22:45

I am very sorry to learn of your loss..
God Bless you and your family, and I shall Hold you in my Prayers..:engel016:

SSI01
October 12th, 2011, 17:21
Many thanks.

Men express their grief differently than women, and it's really hit my wife hard. Our grandson was killed by the police officer; they had his viewing and because he and his dog were very close they allowed the dog into the funeral parlor along with the family & friends. Dog took a long look and sniff at him in his coffin, then went home with the family. Two days later the dog is dead, just gave up wanting to live, didn't eat or drink and just laid still until it died. They were both cremated and the family holds the ashes until they move from Louisiana.

If you only knew what I did for a living before I retired you would find the idea of a police officer causing the death of my grandson especially ironic. I'm still trying to figure it out myself.

limjack
October 20th, 2011, 18:03
10 days have past since the last event but today the real deal. We are all at the hospital awaiting the big miracle. Screaming yelling and all the good stuff that goes with labor. I was hoping my grandchild would be number 7 billion but look like we will come in around 6,969,799,010 give or take a few hundred.:icon_lol:

Jim

limjack
October 20th, 2011, 21:32
:jump::jump::wiggle: 10:05pm I became and Grandpa tears in eyes and what a feeling watching life come into this world.

Jim

Astoroth
October 21st, 2011, 00:15
Congratulations Jim! :icon29:'s on me!

limjack
October 21st, 2011, 17:19
Congratulations Jim! :icon29:'s on me!

Thanks Astoroth,

Will enjoy it tonight. Wife and I have been working on the house all day (ok, I did take a wee bit of a nap in the afternoon) getting it clean and ready for the new one. Carpets gets a good bath tomorrow, so today had to clear out all the furnature and stuff and vaccume. All the good prep work. Wife has gone down to the hospital to spend night with daughter to keep her company so guess I am free to have fun with FSX tonight.

Jim