PDA

View Full Version : Kingair Gauges not showing

falcon409
October 9th, 2011, 17:00
This seems to have just started happening, but I couldn't tell you when exactly. I have begun noticing that none of the Kingair gauges I use in other panels show up in the sim. I use FSPanel Studio and have the gauges available in the program. I place them where I need them, save the project and refresh the aircraft but they fail to show up. These particular gauges seem to be the only ones with this problem. Anyone else ever run into this when using the Kingair gauges?

johndetrick
October 10th, 2011, 04:08
In my case not just the king air some others as well

falcon409
October 10th, 2011, 04:16
In my case not just the king air some others as well
Thanks John, I might not have noticed it except that the Dornier-228 and 328 from PAD that I've been redoing both share some of these gauges. They were part of the original download, not something I added, so it's a bit surprising that they don't show up. Maybe I'll contact Bob May and see if he's had anyone else question him about this. Thanks!!:salute:

Stefano Zibell
October 10th, 2011, 08:17
When it happened to me, the cause was the nvidia drivers. I rolled them back and all went normal. Try using the newest certified non-beta drivers available.

falcon409
October 10th, 2011, 10:25
Installed the ver 280.26 driver for my 9600GT. No change in the gauges, but a much sharper overall image.:salute:

kilo delta
October 10th, 2011, 11:05
I remember you saying on another thread that you'd removed all the default FSX aircraft from your sim...might be tied to that?

falcon409
October 10th, 2011, 11:27
I remember you saying on another thread that you'd removed all the default FSX aircraft from your sim...might be tied to that?
Well I considered that KD but in my twisted logic, lol. . .I just thought now why would the aircraft not being loaded have anything to do with why the gauges (which are in the gauge folder) won't show up, lol. But given the fact that nothing else seems to be surfacing. . . . .maybe there's something to it. I'll search out the Kingair when I get back to the Apartment in about an hour. Thanks for possibly spotting the obvious, lol.

kilo delta
October 10th, 2011, 11:31
FSX is a fickle thing...this might be the answer to your problem,or might bring more issues with it!:icon_lol::icon_lol:

falcon409
October 10th, 2011, 11:44
FSX is a fickle thing...this might be the answer to your problem,or might bring more issues with it!:icon_lol::icon_lol:
lol, lol, yea there's what I need, lol:salute:

falcon409
October 10th, 2011, 20:25
Nope, didn't have any effect, as a matter of fact, the KingAir and much of the default fleet are still installed, I just set their properties to "hidden" to clean things up a bit since I don't fly any of them. So the question continues. One other thing, I went ahead and loaded the KingAir and the gauges don't show up there either, so something must have been corrupted, it's all I got right now, lol :salute:

mjahn
October 10th, 2011, 21:37
Got

...Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Gauges\KingAir.dll
...Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Gauges\KingAir_radio.dll

?

If not, reload from disk or let somebody give it to you.

euroastar350
October 10th, 2011, 23:05
Reloading from the disc means reinstalling the entire sim. I wish MS had did the same to the FSX installation discs when they released FS9 where we could install whatever file(s) we needed in case the originals went south:icon_lol:

mjahn
October 11th, 2011, 01:17
"or let somebody give it to you" ?

falcon409
October 11th, 2011, 04:08
Yep, that solved it I believe. I no longer have the KingAir.dll file. If someone can pass that on to me I would appreciate it. Thanks!!!

kilo delta
October 11th, 2011, 06:48
PM sent :)

falcon409
October 11th, 2011, 09:41
PM sent :)
Thank you. . .that was the magic, lol. Which raises the question, at least for the default gauges, should there be a corresponding dll for every gau file?