PDA

View Full Version : Buying and restoring old ships

Lionheart
October 9th, 2011, 11:04
I have had the most fun buying and restoring old ships. I will be going through sectors doing small jobs and suddenly find a ship for sale. The other night, I found two in one sector, both great deals, and I bought them both, lol..

Last night, in my journey's, I found a used, excellent condition mini-freighter. I looked up the ship and photo at that Russian website, and find that new, they go for over 100,000 credits, but this guy was asking 3,000,000 credits! I took a double take. Yep, 3,000,000 credits. I check if it has some sort of golden hull or something. Nope.. I laugh into the webcam at the Split sales person and continue on. I cant believe they slipped that one in. I guess to see if I was thinking squarely.

I have quite a few ships now, never sell them, and have developed an issue where if I click 'R' and go to my fleet to find everything's locations, X3 will crash. Grim.... If only I could figure out how to fix that, or get things working. I imagine the answer will be 'well bill, if you would sell half your fleet, perhaps it would stop crashing!!!' arghh..

I must admit, I do cheat. I use my cheat menu now to just add on the features, do the tuning, then fly the craft around for a while. I love putting a newly outfitted freighter into service. LUV IT!!! I should play a bit more realistic, but I only have so much time at night before my sleeping pills kick in and I have to shut down at the nearest space station and save out.

A few shots of my latest aquisitions. I love the Haulers, as you can run people, liquids, or cargo. They are set up for all three. One I got last night was a Hermes model. Along with a Percius (I think) fighter. Very odd looking thing. Very different in classic fighter layout which I love about X3, it can be so 'alien' at times...

Bill

Lionheart
October 10th, 2011, 14:40
I have been putting my used fighters that I restore into the Tokyo. I just realised I could be calling the Tokyo to the purchase sites and transporting them to the locations for updating and modding. arrgh... I was using a Split Boa for this; I think it can carry 6 vehicles. Sort of looks like a car carrier that you see on the highways; a bunch of racks in it.