PDA

View Full Version : South Pacific Liveries

falcon409
October 7th, 2011, 07:53
Since I've been spending a lot of time in and around Grahams amazing Pacific Islands Scenery, I decided to search out some liveries a bit more specific to that area. One that I found is InterIsland Air that serves the Tonga Islands and Samoa, among others. I found one shot of a Do-228 in their fleet and so I chose that aircraft from PAD as the basis for these liveries. . . .also because Graham already had one livery for that aircraft type on his website, lol. Anyway, the liveries are 4096x4096 (dds) and besides the exterior, I also gave the interior some going over. I redid the VC textures, using custom gauge bezels and newer, better resolution images of avionics for the throttle quadrant (non-functional). I was able to find a much clearer image for the overhead and after some skewing to adjust it back to a flat image, I set it in place and then moved all the switches to match the labeling on the texture.

Because of the way I redid the VC panels, some of the original gauges had to be replace as they had gauge faces already and needed to be just the gauge so it merged into the bezels I made. I'll have to look closely at the gauges to be sure I can include them with the zipfile, otherwise you'll be left to replace them with gauges of your own and could be rather tricky unless you have FSPanel Studio. Anyway, the pics below are for the InterIsland Air Livery and interior. The second livery is simply an upgrade of the one for Air Marshall Islands that Graham makes available on his website and will have the same interior as the InterIsland livery.

falcon409
October 7th, 2011, 16:42
Returning from one of the outer Islands in the Marshall Chain, I was given a straight in approach to rwy 25 (Marshall Int'l). As I'm about 10 miles out I get a call from ATC that I'm clear to land behind the Cessna. I look around and finally find it off my 3o'clock on downwind, lol. I continued my approach and as I was coming over the numbers ATC calls for me to "Go Around". . . .I don't think so, lol. I had time to taxi to the end of the rwy, turn around and taxi back to the crossover and then snap this picture as the Cessna was landing. Generally I don't mind using the ATC, but sometimes. . . .ya just gotta do what a guys gotta do, lol.:salute:

Bone
October 8th, 2011, 06:10
I don't do twin turboprops, but I'm sure your repaint is as crisp and detailed as your other ones. Something went awry with your T-33 paints when they got put in Radioman's T-33 FSX conversion, but I redownloaded your paint work and put them in his updated version...it was like going from 20/200 vision to 20/15.:salute:

falcon409
October 8th, 2011, 07:47
. . . . .Something went awry with your T-33 paints when they got put in Radioman's T-33 FSX conversion, but I redownloaded your paint work and put them in his updated version...it was like going from 20/200 vision to 20/15.:salute:
Yea, I noticed that, it appeared that they were several generations removed from the original or something, lol. Not near as good as they should have been. I mentioned it several times, but as usual, the comments were ignored. Thanks for fixing it though.:salute:

falcon409
October 8th, 2011, 07:48
Liveries uploaded:salute:

OleBoy
October 8th, 2011, 12:26
I thought I was seeing things. Ed, I saw this post out in the main FSX listings and thought it said "South Park Liveries" You know, that twisted adult cartoon, hehehe :icon_lol:

falcon409
October 8th, 2011, 13:44
I thought I was seeing things. Ed, I saw this post out in the main FSX listings and thought it said "South Park Liveries" You know, that twisted adult cartoon, hehehe :icon_lol:
lol, that would make for an interesting Fleet Design now wouldn't it, lol.:icon_lol: