PDA

View Full Version : Invisible buildings AAArrgghhhh

Naismith
October 6th, 2011, 14:03
Driving me nuts. In one very specific location at every altitude I have a building crash where there is none. I have eliminated all add on scenery down to the the bare FSX setup and it still exists, I doubt that it can be MS specific as it is on an approach to my fav a/p so it must be an artifact. Is there a program or addon which can work these things out or at least tell me the extent of this "building"? I really don't want to turn off the realism/crash settings of the aircraft, it probably makes no difference but there is a voice nagging me when I fly that way which says "realism is off, realism is off, you are not being true to yourself, fraud, faker"
TIA

aeromed202
October 6th, 2011, 14:09
The Fortress of Ultimate Darkness I'd say.

mmann
October 6th, 2011, 14:15
Would it be possible to describe which airport and runway and approximate distance from the runway threshold where you experience the crash?

Naismith
October 6th, 2011, 15:23
Would it be possible to describe which airport and runway and approximate distance from the runway threshold where you experience the crash?

It is on APP to r/w 07 of CYXX from the west and seems to run along Highway 1 between 232nd and 248th Streets and North to the Fraser. I have UT Can/USA/Alaska and Van+ but have diasbled the lot and it still occurs. Which is why I suspect an artifact from one of these which is not in the standard folders.
Thanks

spotlope
October 6th, 2011, 15:54
LOL. Nothing says "realism" like crashing into an imaginary invisible building in mid-air. Turn that buggy crash detection off and forget about it, I say.

mmann
October 6th, 2011, 19:15
After flying extensively around the area mentioned with crash detection on, I did not experience any problems at all. My installation at the moment is default FSX only with no scenery addons at all.

Naismith
October 6th, 2011, 20:04
Thanks for the responses, I am thinking about a reinstall just to clear out other accumulated dross, but dreading the prospect. I wonder, turning off the damage, does that have an effect in the A2A aircraft or have they programmed that in separately.

roger-wilco-66
October 7th, 2011, 01:00
Thanks for the responses, I am thinking about a reinstall just to clear out other accumulated dross, but dreading the prospect. I wonder, turning off the damage, does that have an effect in the A2A aircraft or have they programmed that in separately.

I concur with Bill here. I had the same problem, and fly without the building / scenery crash detection ever since. As for A2A Planes: just try it, I myself had not noticed any detrimental effects.

Cheers,
Mark

TeaSea
October 7th, 2011, 03:22
The Fortress of Ultimate Darkness I'd say.

Hah!

How many folks do you think got that reference....

Keep those plastic slip covers coming!

paiken
October 7th, 2011, 20:00
Time Bandits is one of my all time favorite (favourite) movies. Now show me...computers.