PDA

View Full Version : Royal Navy Bug, anyone?

lazarus
October 3rd, 2011, 22:50
I looked, and looked. Hmm. No Royal Navy acceleration Bug. FIGS, needs some details and touch up, then squadron marks. Looks a bit of all right in RN paint. Pushing a mouse with a (left!) working pinky and thumb is sure a pain in the keister!

An-225
October 3rd, 2011, 22:59
Absolutely LOVE the Pre-Falklands FAA scheme! Lovely repaint. Just my opinion though, and I know it is WIP, but I think the radome would look a bit better if it were all flat black. :applause:

lazarus
October 3rd, 2011, 23:09
Absolutely LOVE the Pre-Falklands FAA scheme! Lovely repaint. Just my opinion though, and I know it is WIP, but I think the radome would look a bit better if it were all flat black. :applause:
Doable. I think the yellowish tip is that 3M anti-erosion tape. I'll probably have to do a couple. Easy 'nuff now:salute:

lazarus
October 4th, 2011, 17:47
Update. You're right, Much better with a all black radome!

An-225
October 5th, 2011, 02:22
Looks outstanding! Can't wait to download it.

lazarus
October 6th, 2011, 01:16
Flashback, 1975...After many years of declining fortunes and political vacillation, rising tensions in the South Atlantic and a growing,
belligerent Soviet navy contesting the North Atlantic forced a rethink of naval policy. The Admiralty was directed to
proceed with the CVA-01 fleet carriers, and a modernization program for existing ships. With the Phantom soon out of production,
and unable to operate from the smaller Centaur class ships, the Hornet FRS.1 was procured for the revitalized fleet air arm.

update: 800, 767, 899CAS and wingman, getting there. A bit of clean up and fiddling. Any one got another Bug idea in ESDG/white, nows the time

SkippyBing
October 6th, 2011, 06:07
Nice work! Minor point, the Yellow Chicken marking was for 767 Squadron, the Phantom OCU, 700P was the Phantom Trials Unit and would have been 700H for the Hornet.
Also, have you though of an 803 NAS aircraft? Their crest would probably make them a leading contender to be an RN Hornet squadron http://www.cyber-heritage.co.uk/badges/8/New Folder/803.jpg, last active on the Buccaneer in the late '60s.

CG_1976
October 6th, 2011, 06:14
I just have to say what I think outright and mean no offense. But the Royal Navy paint scheme looks hot and sexy on the bug:salute: and says don't mess with me. An Excellent job of creativity and excellence.

lazarus
October 6th, 2011, 08:05
Nice work! Minor point, the Yellow Chicken marking was for 767 Squadron, the Phantom OCU, 700P was the Phantom Trials Unit and would have been 700H for the Hornet.
Also, have you though of an 803 NAS aircraft? Their crest would probably make them a leading contender to be an RN Hornet squadron http://www.cyber-heritage.co.uk/badges/8/New Folder/803.jpg, last active on the Buccaneer in the late '60s.
Thanks Skippy, CG- what offense?
Right you are Sir . I was scanning decal sheets and squinting at the 700P Phantom marks for the trial unit repaint, and had a brain fart labeling jpegs. The back story's a bit of a stretch, but, then again, had a few events played out a bit differently, who knows. The Bug cetainly looks good in the marks of the Senior service. 803, good call! They're in. With 700H thats an even half-sack. might have to look into 100th aninversary EDSG/Sky scheme too. Thank you all for indulging mein the alternate history stuff. I blame Dereck Wood for that. :salute:

fallenphoenix1986
October 6th, 2011, 09:05
Now all we need is for some kind chap to model CVA-01 :jump:

If your looking for ideas, suppose the Canucks stayed in the Carrier/fighter game after the Bonnie & Banshee.

Craig

CG_1976
October 6th, 2011, 09:13
Now all we need is for some kind chap to model CVA-01 :jump:

If your looking for ideas, suppose the Canucks stayed in the Carrier/fighter game after the Bonnie & Banshee.

Craig

Well cant give you a firm confirm, but the idea of a carrier for Canada again isnt so far fetched when DND is talking Arctic Sovereignty. I know the RCN admires the USN carrier's.

lazarus
October 6th, 2011, 09:30
Well cant give you a firm confirm, but the idea of a carrier for Canada again isnt so far fetched when DND is talking Arctic Sovereignty. I know the RCN admires the USN carrier's.

I thought I'd heard rumblings of a chap doing a FSX CVA01. I'd love to see the RCN back in the carrier game, but with our budgets and personel levels, and the nature of Arctic work, we'd be better served with a larger, toothier MPA fleet, a credible long range interdictor force, either AIP or Nuclear attack boats, and ordering any new build vessels ice hardened. A big(65-70,000DWT) CVA is beyond our budget, a 25-30,000 ton ship would serve Canadian needs better, DeGaul sized, but not a DeGaul-too slow, still having problems. Though, to keep 2 ships in the water, we'd need 3-5 ships, which would gut the DND budget. Though we could redress the ballance somewhat by layin off some of the redundant chairwarming brass at DNDHQ. Canada has more bloody Generals and Admirals per grunt than any other NATO military force.
And Oh, Yah, the RCN Bugs are in progress. I'd ignored the default bug pretty much, but with the Hanni mods, I'm..."Hooked"

CG_1976
October 6th, 2011, 10:20
For the RCN bugs there is a land based scenery called CFB Northstar for FSX and FS9. I'm certain the developer would welcome a RCN Sq or two to CFB Northstar. Im busy building a mod with it adding in a docking area for RCN ships if any get built. I might also release my CFB Vampire Valley if I ever get time lol.

fallenphoenix1986
October 6th, 2011, 10:54
Regarding the CVA-01, I may have read something over at flying stations. If I remember right its on the to-do list of the guy thats doing the Invincibles, though as I understand after the QE class (CVF)

Back in the real world I heard rumbles of interest in the same LPD /LPH vessels that the Aussies are going for. So perhas a small F-35B contingent is on some admirals wish list.

Craig

lazarus
October 6th, 2011, 11:00
Visit NorthStar regularly! I`ll turn up the heat on the RCN bugs. I must warn you though, the paint is probably as rough as the paint on an actual Hornet...

lazarus
October 7th, 2011, 04:00
Update. 700H IFTU. 803NAS. Should go to upload later today. Sooner if insomnia persists.

CG_1976
October 7th, 2011, 05:39
"Sooner if insomnia persists"
That is the 1st sign of Bug Fever. I get that except only when messing about with scenery design that involves a Bug or a pesky Twotter. I will download them when available.