PDA

View Full Version : Eaglesoft Citation CJ1+ Extreme V2.0 FSX Released!

N400QW
October 3rd, 2011, 10:36
Eaglesoft Development Group releases Citation CJ1+ Extreme V2.0 with Full FMS and Navigraph Support for FSX!
This aircraft is released to market with our Navdata Service Upgrade enabled!
FSX Citation CJ1+ Extreme V2.0 now supports updateable Navigraph FMS Database under the Eaglesoft Banner which allows custom format Database updates which provide the basis for SID/STAR/IAP routines going forward.
More information here: http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/CitationCJ1+_20.htm

bkeske
October 3rd, 2011, 11:21
Good news Ron, thanks for the heads-up.

Brian

N400QW
October 3rd, 2011, 12:22
Our thanks Brian:mixedsmi:

Phantom88
October 3rd, 2011, 14:45
:jump:Great news!!

glennc
October 3rd, 2011, 17:23
Critical Question I don't the answer to on Eaglesoft's site: How Much?. I'm buying in any case.

Glenn

Nevermind - found it.

G

toby23
October 4th, 2011, 05:32
Looks nice but are there any videos or larger screenshots to see more of the VC?

N400QW
October 4th, 2011, 05:48
No videos. We'll update screenshots as schedules permit.

Sieggie
October 4th, 2011, 06:43
This aircraft is released to market with our Navdata Service Upgrade enabled!

Does this mean I get Navdata updates without a subscription to the service or that with a subscription the Navdata is usable?

I don't fully understand what "Navdata Service Upgrade enabled" means.

Dave

N400QW
October 4th, 2011, 07:10
Does this mean I get Navdata updates without a subscription to the service or that with a subscription the Navdata is usable?

I don't fully understand what "Navdata Service Upgrade enabled" means.

Dave
Navigraph is a subscription only service.

Sieggie
October 4th, 2011, 07:22
Navigraph is a subscription only service.

That did not eliminate any of my confusion. Does the plane come with a base set of data and I need to get the subscription for updates or do I need a subscription to use it right from the beginning?

Dave

N400QW
October 4th, 2011, 07:30
That did not eliminate any of my confusion. Does the plane come with a base set of data and I need to get the subscription for updates or do I need a subscription to use it right from the beginning?

Dave
We provide an out of date DB. Updates are via Navigraph subscription.:salute:

Sieggie
October 4th, 2011, 09:02
We provide an out of date DB. Updates are via Navigraph subscription.:salute:

OK, now I understand. I fly on an out of date computer so it would not be a problem. :)

Thanks,

Dave

n4gix
October 4th, 2011, 09:38
OK, now I understand. I fly on an out of date computer so it would not be a problem. :)

The Navigraph database included closely matches the default FSX database.

Even better though, the FMS may be configured to use the native FSX database -or- the Navigraph database. The end user has the choice! :applause:

n4gix
October 7th, 2011, 09:50
Eaglesoft Releases FS9/FSX Citation CJ1+ Extreme V2.0 Hotfix 3.30!

The FS9/FSX Citation CJ1+ Extreme V2.0 Hotfix 3.30 has been "rolled into" the current FS9 or FSX Download Package and contains minor fixes to panel configurations and a major revision to the Universal Avionics Package which addresses a a refresh rate issue in the Proline 21 PFD.

Owners should redownload and reinstall to obtain Hotfix 3.30 as outlined in your Eaglesoft FAQs Document included with your CJ1+ Product.

shackleton_boy
October 8th, 2011, 01:09
I'm surprised there has been more feedback on it from the forum members. I would love to know how the FMC compares to the PMDG ones....

shackleton_boy
October 8th, 2011, 02:12
Took the plunge spent the money... now i understand why no one is posting about this... at us$50 its VERY steep for what it is....

Anneke
October 8th, 2011, 04:35
And what is 'it' in your opinion. Systems not what expected?
I personally an not fond anymore of the crude modelling and texturing in the VC. But I love the handling and systems of the plane.
Also I'm not fond of the way the documentation is presented. It appears as a mash of all kind of documents, with redundant parts, or from the Citation X documents. It's just not totally right. It's a pity because I love the planes they're making. They are just in my league, transitioning from GA to something bigger.

shackleton_boy
October 8th, 2011, 07:29
You pretty much summed it up. I mean flames in the back of a CJ1 engine?! Mate of mines dad flies a mustang - i'll ask the question.

n4gix
October 8th, 2011, 09:58
I'm surprised there has been more feedback on it from the forum members. I would love to know how the FMC compares to the PMDG ones....

I assume you meant "...has not been more feedback..."

The Universal UNS-1 is very different from any Honeywell, Collins, or Smith's unit. For one thing, it has far more actual features and is far more "pilot friendly." One of the unique features of our UNS-1 is the ability to use either the current Navigraph database, or a custom FS9/FSX database which, having been built from the actual FS databases, allows it to have every procedure for every airport, airway, navaid, and airspace boundary available for FMS operations.

Flightplans created by the UNS-1 may be saved and then loaded directly into the sim via the usual FS interface, or vice-versa. Further, the Proline 21 will allow the pilot to chose between manual navigation, FMS1 navigation, or GPS1 navigation. Which, among other things means that one can have two separate flightplans and quickly switch between them if desired.

Another unique feature is the ability to "flip the flightplan" with a single keypress. Once you've arrived at your destination airport, if you wish to return to your departure airport, there's no need to clear the FMS and create a new plan. Simply invert the current plan, then edit if necessary or desired.

You can also use the UNS-1 to build "Routes," that is sections of a flightplan such as along a jetway from waypoint "A" to waypoint "B" and save them. Then, when creating a new complete flightplan, simply "add" the desired "Route" to save a bunch of duplicated entries.

UNS-1 will also generate and display a pseudo-glideslope (shown in magenta), which will allow the pilot to fly a non-precision GPS approach right to the runway threshold. The pseudo-glideslope is also displayed during VNAV evolutions.

UNS-1 also will allow the pilot to "build a flightplan" on the fly, literally. Unlike Honeywell, Collins, Smith's et alia, the UNS-1 use twin GPS receivers instead of depending on the antiquated IRS system(s), which may only be initialized and aligned while stationary on the ground! It even features a "Power Failure Mode" which will allow it to be instantly back in operation as long as power is restored within five minutes.

For those who'd like to read/study the real world manual (all 442 pages of it):
http://www.aeroamigo...ions_Manual.pdf (http://www.aeroamigo.com/pdf/Universal_FMS_1B_Operations_Manual.pdf)

All of the operations and features that can be replicated, have been enabled within the capabilities and limitations of the sim itself. Too many seem to be distracted by the "eye candy" and other "fluff features" and fail to notice just how indepth the actual Proline 21 system and avionics are.

We (that is Eaglesoft) will readily agree that the current documentation is less than stellar. It remains however a work in progress and will be provided at no cost to all customers when ready. Quite frankly, it takes longer to write good documentation than it does to do the actual programming! :icon_lol:

As for the "engine flames," that is a personal quirk of mine. I like to see that the engines are running. It's supposed to show "heated metal red glow" not actual flames like from an afterburner...

I would also urge you to take advantage of our 30 day, no questions asked refund policy if you are truly that disappointed. Our ultimate goal is to provide the maximum user satisfation for the greatest number of customers, knowing all the while that it is simply not possible to please everyone with everything all the time. We'd far rather have a refunded and satisfied ex-customer than an unhappy customer... :mixedsmi:

N400QW
October 8th, 2011, 10:45
What Bill said... :bump:

Anneke
October 8th, 2011, 11:37
Like I said systems are top notch, but my boy friend likes me not only for my solid systems, also my eye candy was crucial :naturesm:

N400QW
October 8th, 2011, 11:40
Understood. :icon_lol: