PDA

View Full Version : Retro fleet carriers!

Warrant
October 2nd, 2011, 05:34
<center>Now this should be a great add-on!
(names of vessels are funny as well )

FSX - FSX Other Aircraft</center> <center>FSX Retro Fleet Carriers
</center> <center> [ Download (http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=159747) | View (http://www.flightsim.com/zview.php?cm=list&fid=159747) ] </center>
Name: fsx_retro_fleet_carriers.zip (http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=159747) Size: 41,278,911 Date: 10-02-2011
http://www.flightsim.com/images/fscfiles//q/fsx_retro_fleet_carriers.gif FSX Retro Fleet Carriers. A packet of repaints for the Flying Stations.com 1944-1950 Victorious, standing in as a group of 'missing' Implacables (second group of modified Illustrious Class CV's) in the service of the principle post-war navies that operated Light Fleet carriers. Until an FSX Majestic class comes along, this pack will help simulate 1945-1958 flying ops of the Royal Navy, Royal Australian Navy, Royal Canadian Navy, Koninklijke Marine, and Marine National. The ships: R308 HMS Insubmergible, CV26 HMAS Outrageous, CV19 HMCS Curious, R03 HMNLS Land Aan of Zwem, R69 Neuf Chates Coulent. The package also includes the Pepper/OBIO/Davies FSX UH-5/HO3S/Dragonfly naval helicopter AI plane guard and pilotable models, with repaints for each of the Naval Air Arms represented in this pack, the RN machines are real world machines, the rest are what-ifs. AICarrier2 configuration file included. By Retro AI Carriers Group.

CG_1976
October 2nd, 2011, 08:59
Perfect, was looking for a RCN Carrier for the Arctic:jump:

lazarus
October 2nd, 2011, 12:47
Pard mike has a weird sense of humor. Nine cats are sinking , Land on or swim, indeed! You should see some of the plastic whatif modeling he does.Too scurrilous to exhibit at shows.
Went to upload faster than expected though, I was still waiting to hear back from Obio. Glad its well recieved in the spirit its intended in!

delta_lima
October 2nd, 2011, 20:53
Bravo Laz!!!

Can't wait to get back to my sim pc - this will be a definite treat. Many thanks, mate!!

dl

Rich
October 4th, 2011, 03:07
One question I would ask is where you got permission to mess up this release, the request from Mike Barnes who is also 3/7 charlie was for the early war years Victorious with the bumpy deck, was the angled deck a problem for you ???.

Are you taking permission for 1 model to be everlasting on subsequent releases ??

My enthusiasm for accuracy is fast dwindling it seems you are fantasy only.

Time I think to move into Cloud Cuckoo land.

Can you please do a paint for the Luxembourg Navy.

Rich Ex Flying Stations

3/7 charlie if I still have power in my finger you are gone from Flying Stations, I will leave it to Britsim what they do with you

lazarus
October 4th, 2011, 17:44
Thank you for the kind and confusing words of encouragement. I've only just tried my hand at painting a couple of times, so I'm still getting the hang of it, as are some of the other contributors, In fact, you kindy suggested waiting for the late war model as better suited to simulating a post war ship. If Luxembourg had opperated a light fleet, I would consider it, indeed, they very nearly came close as few times with various NATO schemes for alliance crewed polaris missile ships, presumably flagged in the same manner as the NATO-AEW force. I had querried Mike about permissions, and expressed reservations about continuing with it at all in light of some posts a while back, he was good enough to forward me email's from flying stations( Mr.Bing? Beeney? I'd have to look) that were quite encouraging and supportive( indeed, considering a repaint upload page) , and insisted I was infering incorrectly, that mr.ruscoe was a perfect gentleman. I consented to utilisation of the bits I did, and I did write the read me for the file as Mr. Barnes had indicated that he was leaving the hobby after this project was finished off, to provide some sort of support point of contact. The assembly and uploading was Mikes balliwick. I am not my brothers keeper. If there was a miss understanding , I humbly apologise.
Any other business you have between yourself , your finger and Mr. Barnes is none of my business, I suggest you take it up with him. I am confused at how Britsim figures into this,
but again, it is none of my business. I'll make no appologies for the what-if aspect of the hobby. Some enjoy it. To each their own. Ex Flying Stations? surely you are not leaving that noble enterprise. If so, I am sure they will miss you. Thank you again for your kind words. I shall file them in the appropriate receptacle.
your humble servant, ect. ect.
L.L.S