PDA

View Full Version : Don't feed the pterodactyls .......

AndyG43
October 1st, 2011, 11:58
Did anybody else see it?

TARPSBird
October 1st, 2011, 12:02
Andy, more info pls. :confused:

AndyG43
October 1st, 2011, 12:12
Well, you didn't, obviously! :icon_lol:

Final episode of Doctor Who tonight, and I recall the there are a few closet Whovians here.

TeaSea
October 1st, 2011, 13:38
No spoilers!!!

My daughter and I have to see it tonight. It's our weekly ritual.

(she thinks the crying angel's are the creepiest)

AndyG43
October 1st, 2011, 13:47
No spoilers!!!

My daughter and I have to see it tonight. It's our weekly ritual.

(she thinks the crying angel's are the creepiest)

Definitely no spoliers!! You'll love it!

Roger
October 1st, 2011, 14:04
Weird, but I love it. Been watching since 1963 (William Hartnell) so I have some time invested here:cool:

myles
October 1st, 2011, 14:21
They are vermin!

Myles

AndyG43
October 2nd, 2011, 00:59
They are vermin!

Myles

:icon_lol:

paiken
October 2nd, 2011, 05:56
Saw it, loved it, and now I have to wait until December to see a new episode:santahat:.

TeaSea
October 2nd, 2011, 06:02
So AndyG43, since you're in London and you saw this two nights ago, am I right in presuming that the next episodes to air in December will actually air in December?

That's what BBC America says anyway.

AndyG43
October 2nd, 2011, 07:00
So AndyG43, since you're in London and you saw this two nights ago, am I right in presuming that the next episodes to air in December will actually air in December?

That's what BBC America says anyway.

I saw it last night, it airs on Saturday here. The next scheduled episode is the Christmas special, which airs here on ..... Christmas Day! Last year's special was terrific, the early photos from this year look very promising too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/news/bulletin_110920_01/Christmas_Special_The_Stars

Steven Moffatt is a very clever man, he is keeping very tightlipped at the moment about the next series; he has confirmed there will be a full series - rumour control had it that it was going to be just a few specials, as with David Tennant's final year because of Tennant's theatre commitments (the rumour started because Moffatt also has the very successful "Sherlock" in production as well, so it was assumed that he would need to concentrate on that). He has also confirmed that it will be slightly later in the year ("There’s lots of reasons for that that will become clear quite soon..."), Karen Gillan has confirmed that she will be back for the new series (which is good, she is rapidly turning into the best Companion ever, Scotland's answer to Lara Croft) and the BBC have recently said that the next series will be shown in 2012-2013. And, of course, 2013 is the 50th anniversary, so my expectation is Moffatt will be building to something huge!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who

The other thing is, it gives his actors a chance to pursue other projects; Arthur Darvill has been at the Globe this summer in Faustus, Karen is just about to make her West End theatre debut and has two big TV roles in the can, Matt Smith had the Christopher Isherwood TV movie which apparently has generated a lot of Hollywood interest. Speaking of 'other projects'; David Tennant & Catherine Tate were back together this year, performing "Much Ado About Nothing" in the West End, to rave reviews - I tried to get tickets, but no luck. Well, David Tennant has announced today that is "very likely" there will be a DVD release, as there was with his Hamlet a couple of years back!!

From a ropey little, low budget BBC drama this phenomenon has come a long way. And long may it continue ..... Now, I'm off to see if I can legally change my name to Stormageddon! :icon_lol:

Eoraptor1
October 2nd, 2011, 07:07
Well, you didn't, obviously! :icon_lol:

Final episode of Doctor Who tonight, and I recall the there are a few closet Whovians here.

I'm well OUT of the closet, Andy. I fly my freak flag high!!! "Exterminate. Exterminate."

JAMES

AndyG43
October 2nd, 2011, 07:13
I'm well OUT of the closet, Andy. I fly my freak flag high!!! "Exterminate. Exterminate."

JAMES

My son started university a few weeks back. I brought him up well, a good sci fi geek (he is studying astrphysics) and he has quickly gathered a group of fellow Whovians around him; last night's episode was accompanied with a very special & appropriate supper dish .....

HouseHobbit
October 2nd, 2011, 08:59
I love it!!!
One Should Never feed Pterodactyls..
Been watching the Doctor since 1974 when it first showed here on PBS..
Like the new series very much can't wait until Dec..
:applause: :applause: :applause:

River Song Is HOT!!!

AndyG43
October 2nd, 2011, 09:35
River Song Is HOT!!!

Oh yes! :jump:

One of my fave moments last night was when Amy realised she was now the mother in law!! :icon_lol:

Firebar
October 2nd, 2011, 10:55
I'm about 3 weeks behind and rapidly gaining via iPlayer (though the rugby is getting in the way :) ).

My contribution to Whovians is this poster on my halls wall.

http://ghostradio.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/dalek-to-victory-poster.jpg

TeaSea
October 2nd, 2011, 16:04
Sherlock is our other favorite. DVD Blue Ray was Dad's Christmas gift last year.

I agree that Amy is fast becoming the favorite companion. I think that's mostly based on attributes of the actress herself, and the sexual tension which of course will never be realized, so that she's sort of a perfect sort of counterplay to the Doctor.....whooo (no pun intended)....awful lot of high level thinking there. I'm spent.

Anyway, she'd cuter than K-9.

warchild
October 3rd, 2011, 14:22
I like their taste in background music.. Makes me want to go play more Mass Effect..

warchild
October 3rd, 2011, 14:23
Anyway, she'd cuter than K-9.

yeahh, and totally mortified at the idea of being mum in law..

AndyG43
October 3rd, 2011, 14:30
yeahh, and totally mortified at the idea of being mum in law..

Loved the expression on her face as she realised that!! :icon_lol: