PDA

View Full Version : FSX rocket propulsion?

lazarus
October 1st, 2011, 11:18
I see it listed in 'engine type' . Does FSX support modeling of rocket power- ie: thrust increases up to critical altitude. Is there a rocket FDE in the SDK? And if not, why put that line in at all? One of those odd things I was wondering about. Any of the Guru's know? (Hmmm. New slang. Gknow. Guru Knowlege...)

DarrenL
October 1st, 2011, 11:41
X-1, X-15 are rocket powered and are available for FSX. Do they use it perhaps?

Then of course missiles?

Daube
October 1st, 2011, 14:59
No FSX doesn't simulate rocket engines.
This engine type declaration exists since a long time, it's already there in FS9 I believe, but it doesn't really exist in the sim. They planned it but never got it done, I think.
Prepar3D has mentionned it as well, I don't know if they actually modelled it or not yet...

rcbarend
October 1st, 2011, 15:22
No FSX doesn't simulate rocket engines.
This engine type declaration exists since a long time, it's already there in FS9 I believe, but it doesn't really exist in the sim. They planned it but never got it done, I think.
Prepar3D has mentionned it as well, I don't know if they actually modelled it or not yet...
Not sure what the OP is exactly after, but indeed: rocket-type engine doesn't exists in FSX as far as I know.

As a sidenote, I do remember working on a ROTOG function (RocketAssistedTakeOffGear) for an addon aircraft.
But that's based on a carrierlaunch type of implementation; ie. extreme accelleration at takeoff, untill the rocket runs out of fuel.

Rob